Living In A Shadow Of A Phenom

Trip Down Memory Lane...

I watched the guys set up the bonfire on the beach with incredible ease. They seemed to be having a lot of fun making it too. Jimmy and Brian started a stick fight, while Matt and Johnny threw twigs and leaves into the fire. Zacky was over by the car grabbing gasoline from the trunk. I wanted to ask why he had gas in his trunk, but decided not to. He came over and spilled some on top of the pile of twigs and leaves to make the fire grow bigger. Jimmy and Brian both stopped and looked over at it with complete amazement. I laughed lightly at their expressions.

"Okay that should be enough for now..." said Matt.

"Yeah...it looks great!" smiled Johnny.

They all sat down around it with fascination. I laughed lightly and shook my head.

"So...what do we do now?" asked Jimmy.

"Chill...I guess..." said Brian.

I looked at him, when I noticed Zacky out of the corner of my eye looking at me. I crossed my legs and put my chin in my hands. Matt then stood up and opened his cell.

"Well...let's bring a party shall we?" he asked.

He then dialed a number in his cell and put it to his ear.

"Yeah...can I order 2 pizzas please?" he said.

We all rolled our eyes when Zacky got up and walked over to the car. Johnny shook his head.

"Smoking again..." he stated.

"Why doesn't he smoke here?" I asked.

"He doesn't like to smoke around girls..." said Jimmy.

"Especially ones that he likes." added Brian, smirking.

"Shut up!" I laughed, smacking him.

They all laughed when Matt started to argue with the guy on the phone.

"Here he goes again..." said Jimmy, standing.

"Let's go break it up." groaned Brian.

All three of them stood up and walked over towards Matt to see what the problem was. I, on the other hand, had another plan. I stood up and walked over towards the car.

"Hey..." I said lightly.

Zacky turned around in shock and dropped his cigarette on the ground.

"Uh...hi..." he said, stepping on the cigarette.

"Smoking?" I said, acting dumb.

"Well..I...Uh..." he replied.

I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"It's okay if you smoke in front of me...the guys do it all the time..."

"Yeah well...I don't like to do that in front of you...."

"So you're not like the other guys?" I asked, acting stupid again.

He looked at me confused, when he realized that I was faking my stupidity.

"I guess you could say that." he smiled.

"Oh...a smile...how rare the occasion! I need a camera!" I laughed.

He laughed and shook his head.

"Haven't changed a bit...have you?"

"Not that I know of...other than some girly things, but...same old me!" I smiled and shrugged.

He nodded and slowly walked over towards me. He then leaned in and whispered in my ear.

"That's what attracted me to you in the first place..." he whispered.

I looked at him and shook my head.

"Really? Cuz...that was my excuse for you..." I smiled.

He laughed and wrapped his arms around me. I was a little bit shocked, but I hugged him back. We then separated and smiled at one another.

"I'm gonna head back to the fire now..." I said, starting to walk away.

"I'll come with you..." he stated.

I nodded when he came up and took my hand. I looked at him and he removed his hand.

"No...it's cool..." I said, taking his hand.

He smiled and we walked back to the fire surrounded by the guys.