Status: Completed

Eyes on Fire

10.

"Are we there yet?" I shook my head. "Now?" "No." "Now?" "Nooo." I hissed, a little more annoyed. "No-" "NO!" I boomed, turning around so we were face to face. "I'll tell you when we are there. Okay?" She nodded, frightened. "Good." I hissed, walking farther ahead.

"How do you know that he was cheating?" I froze. "Excuse me?" I didn't turn around. "H-how d-did you know he had lovers?" I worked it over in my head. I've never been very good at lying. "I saw them. In the boat yard. They were about to make love." I whispered to her. Her eyes widened and she stopped dead in her tracks. "WHAT!?" There was another smell in the forest suddenly. A smell I knew only to well. Victoria SHIT! "Shh." I hissed, covering her mouth.

The wind blew softly, sending my senses on overdrive. She stepped into the clearing, her wild red hair blowing every where. "Hello Tiaret. How's my favorite little vampire?" She asked me. SHIT! "Tiaret? This is Victoria, now who the hell are you?" Rain asked, stepping in front of me. Victoria let out a musical laugh. "You're only in my way, newborn." She slapped her across the face, sending her flying into a tree.

"Victoria! Wh-" I wasn't able to finish as a punch flew at my nose. "YOU WHORE!" I slammed hard against a tree, sliding to the ground. "What? Vicky, it's me!" Her eyes were redder than usual. "I know it's you! How dare you!?" A sharp pain came to my stomach when she kicked me. "I brought you in, treated you like my daughter!" She grabbed me by the hair, flinging me half way across the forest. But before I landed, she was there, catching me and slamming me into the ground. "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?!" I cried loudly when she kicked my spine. My ears were met with a sickening crack. But it wasn't from me. Suddenly her head fell in front of me and my hair was let down.

I screamed loudly at the sight of the woman who had once been like my mother, now dead on the forest floor besides me. "It's over Victoria." A deep, accented voice met my ears. "Laurent? Laurent!!" I cried, flying into his arms. "Daddy, She wouldn't stop. It hurt so badly." I sobbed into his shoulder. "Shh, shh, angel it's okay." He soothed, running his fingers through my hair. "Come on." He said, picking up an unconscious Rain. "Where are we going?" I was surprised he'd even want me anymore. "Home."
♠ ♠ ♠
almost done! Maybe two more chapters.

--Sinderella Plague