Status: Completed

Eyes on Fire

2.

I shifted uncomfortably, shaking the entire tree. "Tiaret! Stop moving! I'm trying to relax here." Victoria hissed, here eyes still shut as she leaned against James. "Sorry Vic. I'm bored." A low growl sounded from Laurent's throat. "You always are." I spun around to face him, crawling towards him in a cat like form. "I. Am. Bored." I growled at him. He chuckled and rolled his eyes. "Down kitty," he opened his arms towards me, pulling me into an embrace. "Relax." I did as he said and rested my head against his chest. It was silent. Perfectly still and relaxing. Like I would never move.

About five minutes later, I shifted again."Again!? Come ON!!!" James hissed, lunging at me. "Eep!" I squeaked, jumping from the tree. James wasn't to far behind me. We ran around the large field, finding it to small to contain us although we knew if we ran out of the woods we'd be caught. "Ah! James, stop!" I giggled, barely escaping his grasp. "Vicky help!" I screeched, jumping out of James's lunge. "Nah, I'm enjoying the view." She chuckled, tightening her wrap around herself. Stupid James and his lack of a shirt. I came to an abrupt stop, James running into me, causing up both to fall against the ground. He landed on top of me, his face barely lingering above mine. I thanked Laurent for taking away my ability to blush. But then there was something I though I would never feel again. a heart beat. My heart beat.

The reason I had froze was blood. Pure, clean blood. And it smelled good. "James." I whispered.

"Yeah?" I love you. "Can you get up please? You're smashing me." I joked. My throat was tight. I had almost told him. "Oh sure, sorry." He chuckled, jumping back up onto his feet. "Here." He offered his hand out to me which I quickly took. I swear I felt a spark of electricity when we touched. I did my best to change the subject. "I smell blood. Pure blood." Laurent and Victoria were suddenly at James's side. "Which direction." James asked, his hunger kicking in. A wicked smile crept across my face. "The boat yard."
♠ ♠ ♠
the main character's name means lioness

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!!!

--Xander