Status: Completed

Eyes on Fire

5.

I turned off my truck and grabbed his lunch. As I walked up I heard animalistic noises and several sickening crunches. "Daddy?" I came around the corner to see several empty boats. "Daddy you left your lunch at home. I was bringing it to you. Daddy?" When his boat came in he was laying, covered in blood, in the center. "Daddy? Daddy!!! Oh my God! Dad!!!" i ran over to his side, dropping his lunch behind me. I jumped in, examining his wounds. He had bite marks everywhere. "Oh my God! Dad, what happened?" He didn't answer me at first. When I grabbed his face and shook slightly he woke up. "Dad! What happened to you?" He coughed several times and raised his hand to my cheek. "Tiaret? Is that you? Oh my little lioness. It had eyes as red as blood. Razor sharp teeth and long, dark..." He began another coughing fit. One that which suddenly stopped.

"Daddy? Daddy!!! No DADDY!!!" I screamed holding his hand against my face. That was the last breathe he took. Later that night, although little did I know, I would take mine too.
I had lived with only my father. My mother died the night I was born. I drove home that night after the police sent his body to the hospital for examination. When I pulled into the garage I noticed that the lights were out and when I tried the switch nothing happened. Being my inferrer human self I dismissed this. The next events were thanks to my foggy human memory. All I remember is going to the fridge for a bottle of water. I think there was a flashlight in my hand. But there must have been because I remember a crash then everything went dark. something-or someone, sped past, I looked around to find no one. suddenly I was on the floor, a man on top of me. I remember being to sorrowful and broken from the prior events of that day to resist anything this man was going to pull. lips caressed my throat for a short while before something sharp penetrated it. I screamed in pain and flailed around before loosing all strength and passing out almost immediately.
When I awoke Everything was clearer. I could hear a thousand things at the same time. My neighbors talking to the police outside, a dog barking down the street, the man standing in front of me breathing. Wait a second! I looked up to his face. He had long dark dreadlocks and...red eyes. I hissed flailing myself back against the wall, crawling higher to get away. my eyes sight had been improved to. I could see every thread on his clothes. But the one thing that dumbfounded me was that I could hear the heart beats of the people across the street as well as the blood pumping through their veins, but with him...nothing. Almost as if he were dead. "Hello little one." He calmed. "Can you come down now?" he said offering out his hand. I eyed it carefully for a second. "It's okay sweetheart, we won't hurt you." A woman's voice said. She came around the man so that I could see her. She was the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen. She had long blazing red hair that flowed just below her shoulders. "Come here angel." She offered opening her arms to me. I immediately shot down to cower behind her. The man chuckled, shaking his head. "You think she'd know the man that turned her. Her own...father." It felt as if my heart had been punched out of my chest. "You are NOT my father!" I roared, lunging at him. The woman caught my waist and pulled me back against her, wrapping her arms around me. "It's okay. That's not what he meant hun." She cooed, stroking my hair. "My name's Victoria. And that's Laurent." I growled at the mention of his name. "It's okay he's a friend. And that," She said indicating a man I hadn't seen before. "Is James." I looked over to him. He was beautiful. Even more beautiful than Victoria. His dirty blond hair was tied into a loose, wavy ponytail. He had only baggy pants and several bracelets on. He had an amazing build. I had just met this stranger and I was already in love. "James is my mate." Victoria said sweetly, breaking me from my thoughts. "Mate?" I asked confused.
"Oh that's right. You don't know yet." She turned to look me straight in the eyes and grab my wrists loosely, as if trying to get a message through. "You're a vampire now." I only stared back, unable to speak. "So are we." She said indicating herself and the two men behind her. I looked at them confused. I wasn't frightened. Wasn't disgusted. Just dumbfounded. A sudden, burning pain hit my throat. I collapsed to thew floor and clutch at my throat. I tried to claw it out but Victoria caught my hands. "No angel don't do that." "Make it stop." I cried in pain. I raised my head to look her straight in the eyes. "Make. It. Stop." I choked. She nodded and looked to Laurent. He nodded to and off she went. Victoria ran from the house at first but slowed when she noticed my neighbors. "You know them?" She asked pointing to the old woman who lived across the street. I nodded. "They came to my grandfather's funeral." She nodded and continued to walk until we hit the edge of the forest. Then we shot off.
Not long after we came across a lost hiker. He was looking around, scared out of his mind. As soon as I saw him there was a breeze. It blew to my nose and every muscle in my body tightened. It made my throat burn like nothing I'd ever felt before. "He...smells...Delicious." I purred, a smile creeping across my face. She gestured her arms towards him. "Help yourself." She chuckled. I did as recommended and shot down to him. He froze then saw my face. "Oh, hello. Are you lost too?" I smiled wickedly, preparing to crouch.
"Not exactly." I whispered seductively. I crouched down like a lion, hands on the ground, clawing at it while my backside was raised in the air, my legs ready to push off. Several spine tingling growls escaped my throat. It took him maybe only two seconds to catch on before he ran, dropping all his belongings behind him.
I pounced, chasing him immediately, enjoying the feel of wind in my face. I jumped above him, landing so that he ran into me. "Hello love." I purred, rubbing around him. He shivered slightly, making it painful to wait any longer. I dove at him, drinking from his wrists. his blood was the first I'd ever drank. I pulled away and wiped at my mouth but when I turned around to look at Victoria she was gone. I was in the boat yard again.

"Damn Flashbacks." I mumbled and continued to caress the man's face. The wind blew my hair into my face, causing me to smell my own sweet perfume. It was then that I realized that Laurent hadn't changed me. His voice didn't seem familiar when I woke up because I had never heard it before. The voice I heard had been fuzzy due to my weak human senses, but I remember hearing that voice almost exactly one month later. The first time James had talked to me. When he touched me It sent electric shock into my skin. It made my heart give a thump. He looked like he was in agony when I was "crying" because he couldn't stand to see me like that. I am his creation. His masterpiece. A part of him. I hated Laurent when we first met. I was immediately in love with James. I never felt a bond to Laurent because it was to James. James had turned me. Not Laurent.
♠ ♠ ♠
See? Told you.

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!!!

--Xander