Status: Completed

Eyes on Fire

7.

I can't tell you how many people I slaughtered that I found running in the forest. The rage built up in me was enormous. No amount of blood could stop the burning in my throat now. The pain I felt was stronger than anything I'd ever felt. The pain of being unable to be with the one I loved. Victoria was the only thing in my way but if I hurt her in any way possible, physically or mentally, I would never forgive myself. No matter how much I loved him. I suddenly smelled the sweetest blood I've smelled in my life. I stopped dead in my tracks and let my hunger take over. I sprinted of in the direction of the scent, letting it lead me to a large home. There was the scent of other vampires as well, but the strongest was the scent of that of a human. A delicious smelling human. Looking around I memorized my threat. Four male, three female. This wouldn't be easy but at least if I failed and they killed me I would be out of my misery. I ran to the front door and prepared for a break in.

"Bella!" I froze in my tracks. They talked to it. They know it. This was not their prey. These were the vegetarians. Alice. "Alice?" I called. All their chatter went silent. "Alice Cullen?" They were all out side now. all looking me in the face. "Where is Alice Cullen?" I asked. A petite dark haired woman stepped forward. "Hello Tiaret." She sang softly. "I knew you were coming." She offered out a close to white hand to me. I hesitated for a moment just staring at it. "It's alright. I won't hurt you." I took it slowly, gripping it firmly, but not to firmly. "I have heard of you." I whispered. "The vegetarians?" They all smiled. I noticed all their eyes were a soft golden color unlike my dark red. "And you?" The tall blond asked. "Are you a vegetarian?" I shook my head slowly, now ashamed of my massacre that occurred not but 5 minutes ago. "Oh. Well that's to bad." The woman at his side smiled and stepped forward. "I'm Esme. And this is my family. Carlisle." The tall blond. "Jasper." The pained looking one at Alice's side. "Alice as you already know. Emmett and Rosalie." The large brawny one and the beautiful blond at his side. "And this is Edward and Bella." She said, motioning to the two in the far corner of the patio.

He was standing protectively in front of her. I noticed that her eyes were still brown. Then a breeze passed. I gasped, backing up and falling to the ground. They all gathered around me, making sure I was alright. "Get the human inside." I growled, looking up to Edward. "I can only hold back for so long." He nodded and ushered her inside, following close behind. "I am a newborn." I hissed. "I have already done things I am not proud of. I was born to be a lover." I said, crawling back onto my feet.

"Oh, well that's not so bad-" Emmett began.

"Of a man who already had a mate." I said, feeling my self begin to wheeze. A single tear fell from my eye again. "You say you are a newborn, then how is it you cry?" Carlisle asked me. I shrugged, wiping at my eyes. "He said it was because he made me feel human again. He's the only reason I've ever really cried since I was...reborn. My father was murdered by my best friend. I am a member of his coven and I have wheezed for that, hoping for tears many times but the only way I've ever cried is him." All the females had pained looks on their faces. "I love him back but his mate is like a mother to me. So I was unable to betray her. Not that I ever would anyway. But It just hurts so much that she doesn't know. Actually the real reason I came here was I was hoping if I attacked your human you'd kill me. And put me out of my misery." Another tear rolled my cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter's going to be in James's point of view.

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!!!

--Xander