Status: Completed

Eyes on Fire

8.

"Damn it Laurent! Contain yourself!" I growled pulling him off of the dying man. "Jeeze." I sighed shaking my head. "I swear, for a three hundred year old you sure don't act like one." I hissed, chasing him off. "Guess that leaves me to clean up this mess." I sighed. "Daddy?" She called. I froze in place. This was her father? "Shit." I cursed under my breath, jumping up onto one of the rafters. "Daddy you left your lunch at home. I was bringing it to you. Daddy?" She looked around the quiet dock, shaking. She was scared, but I couldn't comfort her. Then her father's boat drifted closer into view. I hadn't cleaned him up yet! Shit! "Daddy? Daddy!!! Oh my God! Dad!!!" She ran over to his side, dropping his lunch behind her. She jumped in the boat, looking over his wounds. He had bite marks everywhere. Obvious bite marks. Damn it Laurent, you need to be neater! "Oh my God! Dad, what happened?" He didn't answer at first. Then she grabbed his face. I had never wanted to kill someone so badly. Wait? Am I jealous? "Dad! What happened to you?" He coughed several times and raised his hand to her cheek. "Stay put. Don't attack, don't attack, don't attack!" I whispered harshly to myself. "Tiaret? Is that you? Oh my little lioness. It had eyes as red as blood. Razor sharp teeth and long, dark..." He began another coughing fit. One which suddenly stopped.
"Daddy? Daddy!!! No DADDY!!!" She screamed holding his hand against her face. I looked away, unable to see her in pain. If I had looked I wouldn't have been able to hold myself back. I would have tried to comfort her then and there and she would have seen me. I couldn't afford that. She drove home that night after the police took his body away. I raced to her house hoping to get there before her, although I knew I would. I hid in a shadow of her garage, waiting for her to arrive. I suddenly felt something in my back. I had backed into the fuse box. Quite forcefully too. I had broken it. "Aw crap." I groaned. Her car pulled in, oblivious to my presence. I followed her silently into the house, hiding in every dark corner, watching her pained expressions. It stayed the same throughout everything. Eating dinner: pained. Washing the dishes: pained. Throwing the garbage away: pained. I couldn't watch anymore. I ran to the garage for some air, although I knew I didn't need it. "Hello? Who's there?"
There was a light flowing over all the objects in the area. I watched from behind the box I was hiding behind as she grabbed a bottle of water. When she tried to open it, the flashlight slipped and fell, the batteries flying all in opposite directions. "Shit." She whispered, getting on her knees and feeling around for it. I approached her cautiously, not wanting to be heard. But there was a battery I didn't see which I easily smashed with my foot. She spun around, creating a gush of air that threw her scent in my direction. I lost control. But only for a second. I was on the floor, my knees on either side of her, trying not to injure her. "I-I don't want you to remember me." Or at least not the pain I'm going to cause you. I kissed her neck gently. Lovingly. We were the only two people in the world at that exact second and she didn't even know my name. I began to kiss her neck a little harder. Sucking the skin so my bite wouldn't hurt as badly.
She groaned in protest, making my next actions only more painful for both of us. "I'm going to take it all away." I whispered into her skin. "Wha-" I cut her off by sinking my teeth into her neck. Her scream made me want to die. I was hurting her. Me. and I couldn't stop. Her blood was even more delicious than I could have ever imagined. And I couldn't stop. I didn't. I stayed with her all night. Holding her frail body in my arms. I had killed her. I know I had. "I am never going to forgive myself." I whimpered. Wheezing. If only tears could flow from my burning eyes. If only. I put my head down into her chest. She was gone. I had to face it. Then she groaned. I lifted my head to look at her face. Alive. Alive. Alive, she's alive. I "cried" again, happily this time. But the the venom spread further. She screamed and wailed in her unconsciousness. The pain to unbearable for her fragile human body. But not for long. I had to find Laurent. I couldn’t let her know. I had to fool her.
I shot off to find Laurent. He had just left another home. “Really man? Another one?” He narrowed his eyes. “Okay, you owe me so I’ve decided to use it now.” There was a smirk on his face. I'd pay for this later. I knew it. "I’m listening…” He mused.
“I -I kind of turned a human girl." I rushed, rubbing my neck,embarrassed.
"Can you run that by me again?" He asked,sarcastically cupping his ear towards me.
I groaned and whispered again. "I turned someone."
"What?"
"Damn it! I turned someone and I need your help, you happy!?" He smirked wider and crossed his arms across his chest. "I'm listening."
"I don't want her or Victoria I did it, so could you say you did it?"
"And if anyone asks why?"
"Say you were lonely. Tired of being a third wheel." He groaned quietly, but agreed. "Thanks man." I sighed. "Come on I'll show you." I said shooting off towards her house.
It was a long three days. Watching her cower in pain while I could do nothing to help. I loved her. And I had caused her so much pain. Suddenly it was quiet. Her groans and moans had suddenly stopped. Victoria sat next to me, excited to meet Laurent's new mate. The first thing she did was hiss at Laurent, flailing against the back wall. I stifled a chuckle. "Hello little one." He calmed her. "Can you come down now?" he said offering out his hand. She eyed it carefully for a second. "It's okay sweetheart, we won't hurt you." Victoria soothed. "Come here angel." She opened her arms. When she flew into her arms my heart gave a soft, barely there thump. My mate and my mistress. And they had no idea. Laurent chuckled, shaking his head. "You think she'd know the man that turned her. Her own...father." This must have hit her hard. She clawed at Laurent hissing, "You are NOT my father!" Victoria caught her waist and pulled her back, securing her in her grip. "It's okay. That's not what he meant hun." She cooed, stroking her hair. Even though it was my mate I didn't want her touching Tiaret. I held my self against a box. "My name's Victoria. And that's Laurent." she growled at the mention of his name, making my chuckle. "It's okay he's a friend. And that," Victoria said indicating me. "Is James." The look on her face when she first saw me was to beautiful for words. She had completely changed. She still had her tiny, yet strong build, but she looked more mature. Her eyes were no longer the amazing turquoise color they had always been. They were a fiery red. A lustful red. Blood lust.
"James is my mate." Victoria said sweetly, breaking me from my thoughts. Oh yea. "Mate?" The girl asked, although I swear I heard a hint of disappointment in her voice. "Oh that's right. You don't know yet." Victoria grabbed her seriously, making me want to rip her head off. "You're a vampire now." She only stared back, unable to speak. "So are we." She said indicating herself, Laurent and me. She looked...puzzled. Adorable. Suddenly she collapsed to thew floor and clutch at her throat. Every muscle in my body tightened. I couldn't help her and I knew it, yet I wanted to help however I could. It, made it just that much harder when she began to claw at her throat. "No angel don't do that." "Make it stop." She cried. "Make. It. Stop." I choked. She nodded and looked to Laurent. He nodded to and off she went. Victoria ran from the house at first but slowed when she noticed the neighbors. "You know them?" She asked pointing to the old woman who lived across the street. She nodded. "They came to my grandfather's funeral." She nodded and continued to walk until they hit the edge of the forest. Then they shot off. I waited a few seconds then chased after. They had found a hiker. He was looking around, scared out of his mind. There was a breeze. I could smell his blood. It smelled delicious, but I held back this was Tiaret's meal. Not mine. "He...smells...Delicious." She purred, a smile creeping across her face. "Help yourself." Victoria chuckled. He froze when saw her. "Oh, hello. Are you lost too?" She smiled wickedly, preparing to crouch. "Not exactly." She whispered seductively. When she crouched down, I felt my heart thump again. "Beautiful." I whispered. Several spine tingling growls escaped Tiaret. It took him maybe only two seconds to catch on before he ran, dropping all his belongings behind him. She pounced majestically, chasing him immediately. She jumped above him, landing so that he ran into her. "Hello love." She purred, rubbing around him. A human! He was a human. Food! I can't believe I was jealous of him. She dove at him, drinking from his wrists. when she pulled away her eyes were shinier, somehow. Fulfilled. The first time I'd spoken to her was a month later. It was painful to hold my self back and I remember wondering..."Why did I ever turn you?" Then she smiles. And I remember.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think I actually did a good job on his point of view. I never could anyway.

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!!!

--Xander