Status: Completed

Eyes on Fire

9.

"Well, why don't you come inside? We have plenty of room." Esme offered. And for a second I forgot all about the human. But only for a second. "Actually, I don't think that would be so wise. Maybe, some...other time. One when I won't attack a member of your family." I said, giving a friendly smile. Alice nodded, letting go of my hand. "We'll see you in the near future." She pranced back to Jasper's side, leaving me to run of towards the forest again.

"Well if I ever get tired of Laurent, I can go live with them." I said to my self, shrugging. It was pretty calm for a while. I just kept running and never looked back. That is until I smelled her. I froze and looked around. Another nomad. She was close. In fact she jumped down right in front of me. "Who are you?" She hissed. I clenched my fists together and closed my eyes. I did not feel up to fighting. "Hey did you hear me-" "You're in my neck of the woods princess!!! So shut up!" I growled back, jabbing my finger into her chest. Her eyes tightened. "No it's not. This territory belongs to James and his coven." I raised an eyebrow.

"Exactly, so why are you still here?" Her eyes widened. "Victoria?" She fell down as if begging for mercy. "Wa-" "Please don't tell James, I promise I wouldn't ever step on his land again. Please don't tell him!" I let this work over in my mind. I could use this to my advantage. "You're just lucky. I'm in a good mood today." I sighed, walking off. "Wait! Victoria, where is James?" I froze. Don't explode don't explode, don't-

"What's it to you?" I growled in her face. "You weren't another mistress of his were you?" Crap. "What are you talking about-" Then it hit her. "Wait, you said another! He's had lovers!?!? But why would he do that?" I shrugged,wanting to drop the subject. "Victoria...did he cheat on you?" I froze in my tracks. This was only making me realize how wrong this was. "Yes. I ran off at the first sign of evidence. Maybe start my own coven." "Oh! really? do-do you need any help?" She asked jumping up and down. "Uh...Sure?" "Yes!!! I'm not alone anymore!!! My name's rain. I was turned about five months ago! It'll be nice to have someone older traveling with me!" Wow. Five months. She's older than me. This should be interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY!!! Finally an update!