Sequel: Chasing Echoes
Status: Completed

Forever & Always

Chapter 12

Where am I? It was warm and soft, wait I can hear someone.

“Video girl rocked my world for a whole two seconds
And now I know I’m not about to be another victim…”

I opened my eyes and saw I was on a soft but where is the question. I looked around it was a recording room but I knew it wasn’t mine. I rolled over and saw someone with messy dark hair setting in a chair. I knew it was Joe.

“Hey let me guess that song is about me?” I smirked.

Joe turned around and I saw he had on glasses and his hair was 50 different directions. He looked cute almost in the geeky boy next door way.

“No, Kevin fell for a video girl a while back and they like dated for a month and he loved her and stuff. Long story short is she was using him for the fame and money, but now he likes some girl he ran into like a month ago I can’t think of her name though.” Joe laughed.

“Oh cool it sucks the relationship didn’t work but the song is good.” I smiled.

“Yeah, it’s kind of funny he is like running around looking for this girl he ran into twice.” Joe looked throw some papers.

“Aww I hope he finds her.” I smiled.

“Yeah me to he deserves to find this girl.” Joe said.

“So what time is it?” I asked.

“About 6 a.m. Why?” Joe asked.

“Shit, I have to go.” I got up.

“Wait why?” Joe asked grabbing my arm.

“I need to work.” I sighed.

“Stay for a couple more minutes.” Joe begged pulling me down onto the chair with him.

“Sorry I can’t I love my job and if I want to keep it have to go. Plus I have to get ready I have something big coming up.” I smiled and played with Joe’s messy hair.

As much as I love setting on Joe Jonas lap I knew Mike would be pissed if I wasn’t on time. Plus I didn’t want any of the other Jonas’s to see me in here and blow everything. I sighed and got off Joe’s lap and walked to the door.

“Hey meet me at the roof tonight, please.” Joe smiled.

“Why should I?” I smirked and leaned on the door.

“Because it will be worth it.” Joe smiled.

“Ok but I can’t stay late.” I smiled and walked out.

I looked behind me and watched to make sure Joe wasn’t watching where I was going then turned the corner. I walked down to studio and didn’t see anyone. I really didn’t want to tell anyone that I was kicked out there was enough pressure on everyone I didn’t need them looking for somewhere for me to stay to. I could just sleep in the studio for now and if Mike asked I would just say I was working late. I knew I had to get a new phone but I couldn’t go looking like I did. I went to the closet were I hid my stuff and got my brush and started brushing my hair. Once I did that I took off my shirt and changed into a tank top and sweater. I put everything back and walked out of the room. I needed to go get my phone soon and make it back in an hour or Mike would kill me for being late. I ran out to my car and drove to ATT, I wanted the IPhone like Joe had. I walked in and there wasn’t anyone really so I just walked up and order my phone. As soon as the dude programmed my phone I ran out to my car and drove back. I ran up the stair and into the studio.

“Kourtney you better have one hell of a reason to be late!” Mike yelled.

“I had to get a new phone mine broke.” I smiled and held up my new white IPhone.

“Fine, just get to practicing because you don’t have much time to practice and you need to nail this. This tour will be huge I want you to get it.” Mike said pushing me in the recording room.

“Why are you so bubbly?” Julia asked.

“I’ll tell you later.” I winked at her.

“You better hoe.” Julia laughed.

“Shit girl you got the IPhone.” Brian took it and started playing with it.

“Give it back Brian.” I said reaching for it.

“Hold on I’m looking.” Brian pushed me away.

“You have the black one!” I yelled.

“But I don’t have the white one.” He pointed out.

“Stop arguing and get to writing I need Kourtney to perform something fresh and new.” Mike yelled over the speakers.

We all sighed and set in a circle on the floor and throw idea’s back and forth. After 2 hours we still had nothing.

“How about we do a song about how bubbly you were this morning?” Julia suggested.

“Or you could write about a boy?” Adam shrugged.

“Wait that’s a good idea I’m using it.” I smiled and flipped open my computer.

“Wait what is?” Brian asked.

“Both of there’s.” I pointed to Adam and Julia.

We spent the rest of the day coming up with the lyrics and music for it. It actually turned out to be one of the best songs I had written. Well with my bands help of course. Mike had loved it to and I would rock it.

“Guys you should go home it midnight.” Mike announced over the speakers.

“Midnight!” I yelled.

Shit scents I was writing all day I had lost track of time and forgotten about Joe.

“Whoa girl did you miss a hot date or something?” Jordan asked as I put on my shoes.

I ignored him and closed down the computer and then ran out of my studio and down the hall to the roof door. I ran up the step as fast as I could and pushed open the door. I saw Joe walking out and ran to him.

“I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to show up late.” I rambled on.

“Hey claim down. I just got up here too and I though I missed you so I was leaving.” Joe smiled.

“Oh why were you so late?” I asked.

“My date ran long she just wouldn’t let me leave.” Joe said.

“Oh.” My face fell.

That’s the last thing I wanted to hear right now. My heart was kind of crushed right about then. Ok I know I shouldn’t like him but a part of me already did.

“I’m kidding. I just had to work in the studio late. We wrote a couple songs and needed to get them recorded.” Joe laughed.

“Asshole.” I muttered.

“Just set down.” Joe said leaning me over to a spot with a blanket down.

I listened and just set down. Joe set across from me so we were facing each other and pulled out a guitar.

“What are you doing seriating me?” I laughed.

“Maybe, I guess will just find out.” He smirked.

He looked at me to make sure I was ready and I just nodded. He started playing and I heard that velvet voice I love start to sing.

“A drop in the ocean
A change in the weather
I was praying that you and me might end up together
Its like wishing for rain as i stand in the desert
But i'm holding you closer than most,
Cause you are my heaven.

I dont wanna waste the weekend
If you dont love me, pretend a few more hours, then its time to go
As my train rolls down the east coast I wonder how you keep warm
Its too late to cry
To broken to move on
And still i cant let you be
Most nights i hardly sleep
Don't take what you dont need from me

Its just a drop in the ocean
A change in the weather
I was praying that you and me might end up together
Its like wishing for rain as i stand in the desert
But i'm holding you closer than most,
Cause you are my heaven.

Misplaced trust and old friends
Never counting regrets
But a grace of god i do not rest at all
In new England as the leaves change
The last excuse ill claim, i was a boy who loved a women like a little girl
And still i cant let you be
Most nights i hardly sleep
Dont take what you dont need from me

Its just a drop in the ocean
A change in the weather
I was praying that you and me might end up together
Its like wishing for rain as i stand in the desert
But i'm holding you closer than most,
Cause you are my,

Heaven doesnt seem far away anymore no no
Heaven doesnt seem far away
Heaven doesnt seem far away anymore no no
Heaven doesnt seem far away

A drop in the ocean
A change in the weather
I was praying that you and me might end up together
Its like wishing for rain as i stand in the desert
But i'm holding you closer than most,
Cause you are my heaven.

You are my heaven”

I looked at him in awe by far it was the prettiest song I had heard in my life. Joe just stared at me waiting for a reaction, after I didn’t give him one he put the guitar down and set on his knees in front of me.

“Are you going to tell me what you think or leave me hanging?” He smiled a little.

“It was amazing did you write it?” I asked.

“Yeah, I was just thinking and came up with that.” Joe smiled.

“Well it’s beautiful I love it.” I smiled.

“I’m glade.” He said.

After that we just kind of looked at each other I saw him move in a little. He slipped his icy cold hand on my cheek and brushed my hair out of my face. I leaned in closer to him, I wanted this more then he did. I kept moving closer till I could feel his breath and closed my eyes. I felt him get closer.

“Kourtney.” He said.
♠ ♠ ♠
humm wonder if he knows?
guess you'll find out next chapter.
:)
The song is called A Drop In The Ocean - Ron Pope.

Comment & Sucribe.<3

Kourtney.