Sequel: Chasing Echoes
Status: Completed

Forever & Always

Chapter 39

Image

It had been two weeks scents the brunch and we where now in Denver, a lot had happened in those two weeks. Ethan and I where a couple again and he was staying on Mazz’s bus with Chace, speaking of Chace he had left to do Gossip Girl yesterday and I hated to say it but Mazz didn’t seem sad at all. I had asked Mazz about her fight with Nick and all she said was he was giving her a talk about being pure, I knew she was lying but I didn’t press it because I knew she would tell me when she was ready. Also Joe still isn’t speaking to me all I get are texts or shots of him calling me a slut and giving me a disapproving look when he sees me.

“Hey baby.” Ethan smiled.

Ethan hopped up onto the stage and set next to me, he leaned over and kissed me. I smiled and returned it, I liked Ethan a lot I really did but I couldn’t help and think about Joe. I seen my band walk in with their stuff it was my night, with four girls every night we all rotated and tonight it was me and Mazz, I was going first though.

“Julia!” I screamed.

I hadn’t seen Julia scents tour started she had to leave because her mom was sick and I hadn’t talked to her, but now she was back. I jumped off the stage and ran down to her and threw my arms around her neck and hugged her.

“Ahh I missed you Kourtney.” Julia said.

“I have so much to tell you girl you’re going to die when I get finished but first things first that’s my boyfriend Ethan.” I pointed to Ethan and he waved.

“Wait what happened to Joe?” Julia asked.

Just as Julia asked that Taylor and Joe blew threw the door and walked hand and hand to the stage right past me and Julia.

“And that’s answers my question.” Julia frowned at me.

“Yeah I’m fine though.” I smiled and walked with Julia on stage.

----

It was a little past 4 and we where going on at 8, everyone had gotten throw rehearsal and was out shopping. I had chosen to stay and was setting on the stage trying to write a song. I flipped the song on my iPod and Last Call by Lee Ann Womack came on and I put down the paper I was using and started to sing.

“I recognized your number
It's burned into my brain
Felt my heart beating faster
Every time it rang
Some things never change
That's why I didn't answer

I bet you're in a bar
Listening to a country song
Glass of Johnny Walker Red
With no one to take you home”

I heard a loud bang and turned to see Joe picking up a mike stand he knocked over, I took out my iPod and stood up and tired to help straighten out the mike.

“I got it!” Joe hissed.

“What are you even doing aren’t you suppose to be out shopping with your girlfriend holding her purse?” I snapped.

If he was going to be an ass to me I was going to be a bitch to him.

“Funny.” He remarked sarcastically. “Actually I’m here to practice but I didn’t know it was sluts only so I’ll go.”

Joe started walking away from the mike and to the stairs, I hated him I didn’t see why he always put me in the category of slut, from what I seen he has did more with a girl then I ever have with a guy.

“What the fuck is your problem with me!” I screamed and it bounced off the walls.

“My problem is you’re a god damn fucking whore!” Joe whipped around.

“Please I haven’t did shit! You’re the one with your hand up your girlfriends dress!” I kicked the broken mike stand out of the way.

“Well at lest I don’t sleep with random people!” Joe shot back.

“You must be talking about someone else I haven’t slept with anyone!” I screamed. “What happened to you this is not who you where 4 months ago, I don’t even see that sweet guy in you anymore!”

“Me! Why don’t you take a good look in the mirror slut!” Joe yelled walking away.

“Well at lest I kept the promise we made! But I guess forever and always is just a fucking lie to you!” I screamed.

Joe stopped and turned around and walked up to me.

“You really want to get into that! You think you kept the promise please you broke it first or do you not remember the night you slept with Ed Westwick? I got to say I loved waking up and seeing pictures of you sucking his face and leaving his apartment, really put me in a great fucking mood!” Joe screamed in my face.

“Can you fucking blame me? You never called or texted I tired to talk to you, how am I not sure you where off with other girls! I never slept with Ed either and when I seen we kissed on Perez I was horrified I knew I broke the promise I though you would understand out of everyone. I was drunk and it didn’t stop me from feeling horrible I never left my apartment till the day you guys came back in town and then you show up with Taylor!” I screamed and pushed him back.

“Want to know why I never called or texted because I was afraid if I did I would jump on a plane and come out their just to be with you! I though about you everyday for every second of it, I couldn’t just get by with calls and texts back and forth I wanted you! I though you would wait for me but I was wrong!”Joe yelled. “You’re just a cheep thrill to any guy who gives you the time of day.”

I was so pissed at him he had no right to call me a cheap thrill. I pushed him back and he ended up losing his balance and as I watched it play out I regretted it, I watched Joe fall off the stage and landed on the floor with a thump. I screamed and ran down the stairs and to where he was lying, he was out cold. Shit, I pulled out my phone and called 911. When the lady came on I explained everything to her and she said they where sending someone and in under 10 minutes the ambulance was their and carrying him away to the hospital. I got in the ambulance and they asked me questions about Joe and what happened to him, I just told them he slipped off the stage. When we got to the hospital they took him behind some doors and I stood out in the waiting room, I send Kevin a text which he replied with a call.

“Is he ok? Where are you?” Kevin asked in a panic.

“I don’t know they haven’t told me anything and its about 10 minutes away from the hotel I don’t know what’s it names but it’s a huge building.” I said crying.

“Ok where about an hour away but where coming keep us posted.” Kevin said then hung up.

I fell into one of the chairs and just put my hands in my pockets and watched the door, it had been over 45 minutes and there was still nothing. I got up and walked to the lady behind the counter, she looked up at me.

“Is their any news on Joseph Jonas?” I asked.

“Are you his related to him?” The lady asked.

“No I’m his girlfriend.” I lied.

“She can come back.” The doctor said coming threw the door.

I ran to where the doctor was and followed him down a white hall way that had pictures and everything everywhere; as I passed them I looked at them.

“Mr. Jonas will be fine it was a just a concussion by tomorrow he should be ok to leave but we want to keep him over night.” The doctor said and I nodded.

The doctor opened a door and saw Joe lying their asleep and I ran in.

“I’ll give you some privacy.” The doctor said then left.

I set on his bed and took his hand, this was all my fault and I felt horrible. I looked and saw he had a bump on his head and touched it lightly with the tips of my fingers. It was a huge knot I bent down and kissed it lightly. As I held his hand I just talked.

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean for any of this you just piss me off to know end, I get so frustrated with you because you change your mind. I hate when you call me a slut it drives me up the wall I swear I never slept with anyone everytime I tired I though of you sadly.” I just shook my head and cried as I spoke.

I knew he was still asleep and wasn’t listening to me.

“Kourtney shut up.” Joe said groggy.

“Oh my god you’re up.” I hugged him and he screamed in pain and I let go. “Sorry.”

“It’s fine, I can’t believe you pushed me though you’re crazier than I though.” Joe laughed lightly.

“I didn’t mean to I would never….” I rambled on but he cut me off.

“I know you didn’t mean to its fine.” Joe smiled.

Joe pulled at my hand and brought me down to him, I laid my head on his chest and he put his arm around me and held me close to him. I felt his IV tube and he ran his fingers throw my hair.

“I probably shouldn’t be lying on you will get in trouble.” I said and started to set up.

“Oh well just don’t leave.” Joe pulled my back down.

I lay next to him with my head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat on the machine, we didn’t talk for a long time just listened to the beep. Joe tangled his hand up in my hair and kissed my head, I heard his breathing slow down and knew he fell asleep, and I fell asleep after him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww!
(:

Love,
Kourtney