Sequel: Chasing Echoes
Status: Completed

Forever & Always

Chapter 45

Image
Before the worst, before we met, Before our hearts decide it´s time to love again, Before too late, Before too long, Lets try to take it back, Before it all went wrong. - Before the Worst by the Script.

I had walked about a half a mile in New York City totally barefoot and barley clothed I’m sure I looked like a retard and I would end up getting my picture taken. Maybe not though I didn’t look like a street walker.

“Kourtney! Kourtney!” Someone yelled.

“What the hell!” I screamed then turned around and saw Chace running towards me.

I shook my head and sighed while he ran towards me. When he got close to me he hugged me tight, it was weird. I was never close to Chace expect when we worked on Gossip Girl together but we never hung out or talked like about stuff.

“How did you find me?” I asked letting go of him.

“I had a cab follow yours a little after you left. Mazz was in tears and freaking out because you left so I though I should come find you since I’m the only one who can get around New York. Plus I though you needed clothes and shoes and you left your purse.” Chace smiled and held up my purse.

“Thanks. I’m surprised you would even do anything for Mazz though after what was said back their.” I said taking my purse.

“Well I mean I liked Mazz a lot but I wasn’t in love with her. I always knew she was in love with someone else, she just never would talk about him. I’ll be fine though I’m more worried you, and everyone else in that room. You and Joe kind of destroyed each other, well you more destroyed him and he destroyed Mazz.” Chace laughed.

“Yeah I know it’s kind of how it works with me and Joe.” I shook my head.

“I’m sorry. But come on lets go get you cleaned up.” Chace put his arm around me and laughed.

I put my arm around his waist and we talked about random things and laughed at everything. We had went into store after store, I still hadn’t changed I had just put on some shoes and that’s all. Chace and me where carrying a ton of bags as we walked into his apartment, I saw it was messy but I figured it would be. Chace closed the door behind us and ushered me to the bathroom then threw some towels at me laughing.

“Thanks for this Chace.” I smiled.

“Your welcome I just though you needed a friend, since your where either messed up or assholes.” Chace smiled and closed the door behind him.

I smiled and locked the door, it was nice to have a guy friend that hadn’t hit on me or I had been involved with. As I turned on the shower I heard my coat vibrate over and over, I pulled out my cell and saw it was Joe calling me, I just hit ignore and got into the shower. After my shower I got out and saw my phone was still going off, so I rapped a towel around me and saw it was Joe calling me again and I had 25 messages from him. He was the last person I wanted to talk to he was the reason my best friend was upset, as I looked down at the phone still ringing I got more pissed. I threw it in the sink and turned on the water and watched my phone spark as it was ruined. I smiled and just let the water ruin my phone while I put on green and white dress, then I tired to fix my hair. I looked at my hair it had gotten so long it was down to my belly button and my bangs where grew out, I needed a hair dresser bad. I just threw my hair up and put on my shoes then walked out and saw Chace asleep on his bed. I smiled and grabbed some paper and wrote him a note saying thanks for the day and I would text him when I got a new phone, and couldn’t wait to return to Gossip Girl. I walked back in the bathroom and grabbed my phone that had been ruined by the water and my bags then opened Chace’s apartment door quietly and left. When I walked back into the New York air it was a little warmer but I was ok with it, while walking to get a cab I saw a hair salon and decided I needed a haircut anyways so I just walked in it. After about two hours of work my hair was layered out and it went right past my chest and my bangs where long and sweep to the side like they had been before. Also my hair had blonde highlights all threw out it, it looked really good and I liked it a lot.

----

It was a little past midnight when I strolled into the hotel with a smile on my face, I waved to everyone working and they all smiled. On the elevator ride I made sure my newly done hair was still fixed and looked straight and it did, when I heard the ding I walked down the hall. I saw Joe was outside my door setting on the floor, he had his glasses on and his hair looked like hell. He looked like a mess, I knew it was because of me. I just acted like I didn’t see him and dug in my purse for my card.

“Please don’t hate me, I’m sorry I fucked up. I just can’t lose you please don’t hate me.” Joe said.

I noted he was slurring his words, what the hell was he drunk. I dropped my bags on the floor and bent down, he wouldn’t put his head up so I grabbed his hair and pulled his head up. Joe smelled like he had just rolled in a bar, I shook my head I couldn’t believe he was drunk. I sighed and opened my room door.

“Just stay here.” I said.

I picked up my stuff and brought it in my room, I saw Taylor and Demi weren’t in the room. Great his own girlfriend isn’t even here to help him. I walked to Mazz’s bed and woke her up.

“What’s wrong?” She asked hugging me.

“Nothing I’m fine but I need your help.” I pulled her out of bed.

I showered her Joe who was outside and was now singing and badly I mite add. Mazz shook her head and looked at me disapproving.

“Mazz we can’t leave him out here, he’s underage also he doesn’t need his rep and his brother’s trashed. Think of Nick. I know he fucked up this morning and I know I hate his guts but he needs our help so please Mazz.” I begged her.

Mazz finally nodded and we helped Joe up, we pretty much dragged him into are room. While Mazz shut the door and went to get some coffee I dragged Joe into our bathroom.

“I like your hair it’s so pretty.” Joe played with my hair and fell over.

I sighed and helped him up, and leaned him against the wall while I turned on the shower water. I turned it on ice cold he didn’t deserve hot water, he was a fucking idiot. First this morning when he ruined everything Mazz had with Chace and now he was drunk as hell and I couldn’t get him to do anything. I finally got him to stand up right and started undressing him I threw him into the cold water and he screamed from how cold it was.

“It’s cold!” Joe yelled.

Joe tired to push open the door and I backed up against it and held it shut. I started crying and still held onto the door and he finally gave up. I opened the door and I was still crying, I seen him shaking and in the corner. I shook my head and turned the water on warm and leaned against the wall.

“Why do you do this to me Joe?” I asked shaking my head.

“I’m sorry.” He shook out.

“No, your not.” I just closed the door and left him in their.

Mazz came back with coffee and took it into him while I set on my bed. I got up and snuck into the boy’s room and grabbed him some clothes then ran back to my room. I walked into the bathroom and Mazz was helping him out and shoving coffee down his throat.

“Mazz just go to Nick’s room, I’ll take care of it.” I said.

Mazz nodded and left Joe against the wall and I heard the door open and close. I walked up to Joe and got him dried off then helped him get dressed. While I dragged him to my bed I was shoving the coffee down his throat. When I set him on the bed he just laid back and started to fall asleep, I shook my head and went to clean up the bathroom. Once I got it cleaned up I walked back into the room and heard him snoring, I wanted to cry I couldn’t believe he did this to his self. I set in a chair facing the window and looked out it and waited for him to wake up. After a while I got sick of it and walked to bed and laid behind him and held onto him and just waited.

----

I rolled over and nothing was their, I looked around and saw Joe was gone. I got out of bed and heard him in the bathroom, I walked in their and saw him against leaning against the wall. I walked over to him and set down next to him, I pulled him to me and hugged him tight. I was exhausted and just held him while I fell asleep.

----

I heard Better than Me by Hinder playing on my radio and rolled over, I was in my bed and Joe was gone. I knew he was really gone this time and just sighed and looked for a note but there wasn’t one. I figured the song was like his note to me, I just shook my head and went back to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Better than me - Hinder.

anyways let me know what you think?
its like the before chapter but this time the tables where turned.
its needed trust me.

let me know of any errors.

Love,
Kourtney.