Sequel: Chasing Echoes
Status: Completed

Forever & Always

Chapter 50

Image

I walked around the dress shop with Mazz, Julia, Angela, Taylor, Nicole, Lyndie, and my mother. Everyone but me needed a dress for dinner tonight we were having a formal dinner because my mom wanted to impress the Jonas’s.

“How do I look?” Mazz asked coming out in a royal purple dress that had a sliver belt setting on her hips.

“I love it Mazz it’s very you.” I laughed.

“Thanks I know. So are you and Jonas hooking up again?” Mazz whispered.

I knew she was talking about Joe, I just shook my head no and walked away from her smiling as I thought about him. I heard Mazz’s heels click on the floor as she followed me to the back of the store, I turned and looked at her and she smirked.

“OMFG! You hitting that again aren’t you?” Mazz asked excited.

Taylor and Julia both snapped their head’s and looked at me and Mazz, Julia sent me an all knowing smirk while Taylor just glared with hatred in her eyes. I just rolled my eyes and flipped Taylor off and started looking through all the dresses.

“Answer me.” Mazz pulled my arm.

“There isn’t nothing to answer were not together just friends.” I looked at her.

“You’re telling me you spend all day with that damn boy and didn’t get anything!” Mazz seemed shocked.

“Yes, now lower your voice.” I covered her mouth.

“Do you still like him?” Mazz moved my hand.

“No, well not really, kind of, yes...” I sighed.

“Well get him back girl.” Mazz smirked evilly.

I knew she had a plan by the look on her face, she told me to stay and ran back into the changing room. I tapped my foot on the title floor and waited for her to come out of the dressing room, after what seemed like forever Mazz appeared in her normal clothing. I seen my mom, Julia, Taylor, Angela, Nicole, and Lyndie all come out with dresses as well and handed them to a lady working the counter. I moved to the front of the line and while the last rang up the dresses I dug into my purse, I seen a little blue box lying on top of my things. I knew the box I threw it Taylors head a couple weeks ago, I seen a note with my name written on it and it was Joe’s hand writing.

“What are you smiling at?” Mazz asked trying to look over my shoulder.

“Nothing, here just pay for these I need to get some air.” I threw my card to her and ran out of the store.

I ran outside the store and dug into my purse and pulled out the note, I ran my nail over it and ripped it open. I pulled the note out and started to unfold it when something hit the ground, I bent down and picked it up. It was the picture of me and Joe kissing I seen on his phone forever ago and had lyrics to a song on the back of it. I smiled and put the picture back in the envelope and made a reminder to look at the song later on. I went back to the letter and leaned on the window and opened it.

Dear KAR,
I never got over you and I need to make this right. Meet me in your room tonight before dinner so we can talk. Joe


I smiled and put the letter in my purse then pulled out my phone I went down to Joe’s name and pressed text then started writing him. I was finishing up the message when everyone walked holding their bag and laughing, I hit delete I would just talk to Joe when I got home.

“What are you so happy about?” My mom asked linking her arm with mine.

“Nothing, nothing at all.” I smiled.

-----

When we got back to the house they boys had left and went to play baseball at the park, Taylor of course wanted to go to the park so see Joe so I just gave her my keys and let her. I might as well let her spend the last minutes with her soon to be ex boyfriend happy, because in less than 4 hour’s he would be mine again. Angela and Mazz went with Taylor to make sure she didn’t wreak my car or kill someone. After they left my mom and Denise went to make dinner and I walked up to my room. I dug through my suitcase till I found my laptop and turned it on. I jumped on the bed with it and pulled up my lyrics to a song I had written a verse of while Joe was away.

And I stare, at the phone
He still, hasn't called
And you feel so low you can't feel, nothing at all
And you flashback to when he said
Forever and always


I frowned at the lyrics and closed down that song page and brought up a new blank one. I tapped my fingers on the side trying to think of something to write, I smiled and got an idea. I typed as fast as I could while the lyrics bounced around in my head, after I got done I reread the whole thing.

You're on the phone with your girlfriend, She's upset
She's going off about something that you said
She doesnt get your humour like I do

I'm in the room, its a typical Tuesday night
I'm listening to the kind of music she doesnt like
And she'll never know your story like I do

But she wears short skirts, I wear t-shirts
She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers
Dreaming bout the day when you'll wake up and find
That what you're lookin for has been here the whole time

If you could see that I'm the one who understands you
Been here all along so why can't you see?
You belong with me
You belong with me

Walkin the streets with you in your worn out jeans
I cant help thinking this is how it ought to be
Laughing on the park bench thinkin to myself
Hey isnt this easy?

And you've got a smile that could light up this whole town
I havent seen it in awhile, since she brought you down
You say you find I know you better than that
Hey, Whatcha doing with a girl like that?

She wears high heels, I wear sneakers
She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers
Dreaming bout the day when you'll wake up and find
That what you're looking for has been here the whole time

If you could see that I'm the one who understands you
Been here all along so why can't you see?
You belong with me

Standin by, waiting at your back door
All this time how could you not know that?
You belong with me
You belong with me

Oh I remember you driving to my house in the middle of the night
I'm the one who makes you laugh when you know you're about to cry
I know your favorite songs and you tell me about your dreams
I think I know where you belong. I think I know it's with me.

Can't you see that I'm the one who understand you?
Been here all along so why can't you see?
You belong with me

Standing by or waiting at your back door
All this time how could you not know that
You belong with me
You belong with me

Have you ever thought just maybe
You belong with me
You belong with me

I smiled and ran down the stairs past Denise and my mom and into my dad’s office, I plugged the printer into my computer then hit print. I smiled as the lyrics printed out, I grabbed the paper once it was done and walked into the living room. I heard my phone start blaring and saw it was Mike calling, I hit answer.

“Hello Mike.” I said brightly.

“I’m glad I got a hold of you.” Mike said.

I heard all the boy come in arguing and took my attention off what Mike said and walked out into the hall. Kevin Sir. and my dad were laughing while Nick and Kevin attacked Chris. Joe and Andrew where hitting each other with their hats and I smiled and watched them.

“Kourtney!” Mike screamed.

“I’ll call you back.” I clicked the end button.

I leaned on the wall with my arms crossed and smiling at them, I watched Joe talk to my family. I knew my brothers and dad approved of him, hell I think they loved him. I seen Taylor walk in and hug Joe and kiss him in the middle of my family and they all frowned. I coughed and Joe and Taylor broke apart and everyone turned and looked at me. I smirked and Taylor glared, then walked up to my room to get ready for dinner tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the suckyness but it leads to something better.
their is only maybe 2 chapters left.
(:

Let me know of any mistakes & what you think.

Love,
Kourtney.