Perfect Match

Perfect Match

"I saw him today," said Scarlett to her friend.

"Really? Where?" questioned Katrina as she stopped swaying on the swing.

"He was walking with his new girl from the restaurant. You know the one that we went out for most of our dates?" Katrina nodded. "Yeah, well they were being all lovey dovey mushy crap. It seriously made you want to puke."

"Are you sure that you're just not jealous?" teased Katrina.

"No! Why would I be jealous? I've had him before anyway. She's most probably just another victim of his sick games."

"You have to agree though. She's stunning, not the kind I'd see him go for."

"Yeah. Long brown hair. Brown eyes. Flawless body and perfect face. Basically just totally perfect," Scarlett said sadly, feeling the lump in her throat rising making it difficult to speak.

"Hey, c'mon now. She may look perfect but what's on the inside that counts. You’re a beautiful girl with a big heart. Brian was stupid to let you go. He'll realize after a bit what he missed out on," Katrina assured her best friend and laid a perfectly manicured hand on her shoulder.

"Why would he want me when he's got Michelle or whatever her name is. She's basically the girl of every guy's dream. Not to sound stalker-ish or nothing now but you know when everyone said he had a sparkle in his eye when he saw me or talked to me? Well now you can see it when she's with him. It' almost blinding it's so strong."

"I'm sure that's not true. There's plenty more fish in the sea. Some nicer than him and hotter. I know we'll go to the pub tonight and get utterly smashed. Everything on me, like a late birthday piss-up!" Katrina laughed and pulled Scarlett up from the swings that they had been sitting on.

"I wanna be everything your man's not
And I'm gonna give you
every little thing I got
Cause you are more than a man needs
That's why I say you're truly my destiny..."

'Matt' flashed on Scarlett's phone so she excused herself from Katrina and answered the call.

"Hey Matt!"

"Yo. What are you doin' tonight?"

"Hitting the pubs. Fancy joining us?"

"Yeah that's what I was gonna call you about. Meet us at Johnny's at nine Scar.”

"Yeah, okay then. See you later."

"See ya baby girl"

"We're meeting the guys at Johnny's at nine, so let's get started." Scarlett told Katrina. "Last one to the car's the rotten egg!" she shouted and took off running.

"HEY! YOU CHEATED!" Katrina accused Scarlett as she bent over her waist trying to get her breath back.

"Nope, you just need to quit smoking."

"Don't tart this again, please! I don’t want another lecture."

"I haven’t got any time now anyway so come on!"

At 20:57 Scarlett was panicking after Katrina had reminded her that she would most probably see Brian and his new girlfriend tonight so she wanted to phone Matt saying that she wouldn't be able to go and sit down in her pyjamas and slippers eating tubs after tubs of Ben & Jerry’s and watching movies, but Katrina had made a deal with her. If she could manage being in the same room as Brian without making any rude comments or anything to his girlfriend she would treat her to spa and a shopping trip in New York.

Katrina parked her car behind Johnny's and they both made their ways towards the doors where many people were smoking at the entrance.

"SCARFACE!" Jimmy and Johnny yelled at the top of their lungs when Scarlett came to view of the others.

"How many times have I told you not to call me that? Especially in public" she groaned while giving them tight hugs.

"Dunno, about a thousand times I think. Maybe more, maybe less. Who knows?" Jimmy answered.

"Anyway ladies, what can I get you tonight?" Mike asked from behind the bar.

"Just the usual for me please Mike. You?" Katrina asked Scarlett.

"Get absinthe with me Jimmy please?" She asked him.

"Hell yeah. I'm not paying though!"

"Oh and get me five tequila shots as well please Mike"

"Somebody's planning on getting drunk," he said.

"Why not? I'm not the one who's paying for all of this anyway," she replied with a smirk.

"I'll bring them to you ladies."

Katrina, Scarlett, and Jimmy walked towards the booth where everyone else was and they greeted each other nicely, until Brian and Scarlett were left to do the introducing.

"Scar, this is Michelle my girlfriend. Michelle this is Scarlett." Brian introduced them with a nervous smile on his face, as if he was afraid of Scarlett's reacting would be.

"Hey, nice to meet you," Scarlett said with a fake smile but was being polite anyway.

"You too," Michelle replied nicely, a genuine smile plastered over her face.

The tension seemed to ease a bit after that and everyone was a bit shocked at Scarlett's reaction seeing as Brian and her went out for four years and only recently finished in a messy break-up.

"Here you go ladies, JD for you Kat and absinthe, and five tequila for you Madam...and Jimmy of course," Mike told us and set the drinks in front of them.

"Planning on getting drunk Scar?" Matt asked.

"Completely and utterly smashed Mattie! C'mon drink up!" she told everyone and gave Brian a small smile. Then she set the lemon between her thumb and index finger and the salt on the table than downed shot after shot after shot.

One thing that she learned that night was not to dwell on the pass for too long, and to move on once you know for sure you've lost it. Seeing as Brian had already done but she was glad that he picked a girl that was just as crazy as he was; a perfect match. The only thing that she hoped was that there was a guy out there matching her thoughts of perfection.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was posted before but it got deleted for some reason. :/