Unbelievable, Unforgettable.

Bad Introductions

The car slowed as it reached the gates and a man with thin hair that blew like wisps of dirty blonde smoke in the wind came out and after a brief talk with the driver he pulled the gates open and let them through.

Damien watched as they passed the green grass littered with wet brown leaves, the trees were bare and unwelcoming, a small smirk flitted across his lips as he saw the stray apples dipping as the wind howled around them. He pulled the strap of his 'man-bag' over his head and checked his watch. It was one o'clock, great, just great.

The car slowed considerably as students poured out of the doors, so far only half of them had noticed the car but soon the last thing that Damien had wanted was suddenly all around him. Hopefully they wouldn't know it was him...at least they wouldn't until he got out of the car.

=======================================================================

Andie sat in the corner of the sixth form common room; she had managed to get the best chair, that is, the only chair in the room that wasn't broken in some way or another. The lunch bell had just gone and the room filled for a brief five minutes before emptying. If Andie had been paying attention she would have thought it odd that she was now the only person in the common room and that although the door opened nobody actually made it very far into the bleak room.

Engrossed as she was in her book Andie didn't feel the electricity zipping around the school. She didn't hear the excited screams from outside not at all dimmed with the windows open. She was oblivious to all the hustle and bustle happening just outside the sixth form building.

=======================================================================

Damien smiled and waved at the students, he saw teachers yelling at the students, apparently mobiles were banned in school but that wouldn't stop them from taking pictures if him. At least they were better than the cameras of the paparazzi, Damien regretted that thought as a particularly bright flash was thrust into his face and three girls fell onto him. Whether that was accidental or on purpose Damien couldn't tell. But it didn't matter; he just had to get into the building without being torn apart by the hormone crazed teenagers.

"Holy Christ...I knew you were recognised but I never thought that they loved you this much!" Quil's voice was low behind Damien's ear as the driver and bodyguard helped to clear a path along with several teachers. Damien smiled and turned back to his best friend.

At nineteen, Quil was out of education and had been attending an arts school until he was fourteen when had been spied by the producer of the growing soap opera, Crossroads, while doing a performance at a fundraiser for the school. He was the closest to Damien in age and while they were rivals in the soap, in real life they were probably the closest pair of teenagers the BBC had seen. Damien clapped a hand on Quil's shoulder and quickly stole his portabella hat.

"It is hard being the most adored member out of the whole cast of Crossroads." He sighed melodramatically, placing a hand over his heart, his soft grey eyes closing in despair. Quil shoved him forward, retrieved his hat and turned at the sound of another car pulling up. He pulled back on Damien's shoulder and they both stood, waiting for their producer to come out. The tall man stepped out of the car and beamed before taking a deep breath and nodding as if he hadn't spent hours going over all the public schools in the country trying to pick the perfect one. He strode forward and met the head teacher with a firm handshake before introducing his assistant. Together the entourage of cast, crew and teachers made their way into the building, already discussing what would happen.

First of all Damien was to settle into sixth form life, partially on his father's request that he finish school and partially to get a real sense of what it would actually be like, Quil would be the assistant to the drama teacher and would pick out any that showed talent or promise for the shooting that would happen throughout the summer. Crossroads was unique in that it would be using real school children with actors in its soap for the small amount of clips that would be shown of them in school.

=======================================================================

Distantly the school bell rang; Andie only just heard it as it ended. With a sigh in her heart she put the ribbon between the creamy pages and gently placed the book in her bag. Andie stood and slowly walked to the door, tying the belt of her coat as she went. Her hand went out to the handle but before her fingertips had even thought about touching it the handle turned and the door was pushed open, Andie's hand snapped back to her chest as she stepped to the side, instantly withdrawing to the relative safety of the other door.

The other door suddenly opened and Andie threw out a hand to stop it from colliding with her. She heard the low cry of pain made by a voice she didn't recognise but was soon lost in the loud voice of the deputy head who was sweeping through the common room followed by a tall man, a woman and two teenagers, one was laughing openly at the other who was holding his arm, glaring at the laughing boy.

Andie stepped back until she met the wall and it was only the sound of the doors closing that alerted the teacher of her presence.

"Andrea, wonderful, just the person I’ve been looking for, come over here please." His voice was accompanied by a quick beckoning of two fingers. Andie suddenly felt herself being the centre of attention and the boy that had obviously tried to open the door stopped holding his arm, drawing himself up to his full height which was quite tall.

She reluctantly stepped forward, seething with anger for being called Andrea and not even in the correct way and for being put into a situation that she couldn't get out of. She ignored the two boys though she knew that they wouldn't ignore her, the strangers were staring at her, the hideous questions quite openly displayed in their eyes. Staying a firm three feet away from the deputy head she tilted her head in question, shifting her folder onto her hip.

"Andrea-" Andie winced inside -" This is Lawrence Scott and Kim Walsing, they're the producers of Crossroads, I’m sure you're a big fan. They're accompanying and touring the sixth form block, I’m sure that I don't need to introduce these two gentlemen-"

"You do." Andie cut him off, the laughter fell from Damien's eyes and he exchanged a glance with Quil who shrugged. The atmosphere of the room turned sombre and Kim Walsing raised an eyebrow at her employer. He raised his eyebrows in response and smiled pleasantly at the deputy head that seemed quite at a loss for words.

"Quil Hargreaves. Pleasure to meet you Miss Andrea; this is my colleague Damien Woods. He's going to be studying here, while I barge in on the drama lessons and help the teachers teach. Are you a drama student by any chance?" Quil stepped forward his hand held out. Andie looked at him then at his hand and shook her head. Quil's confidence faltered but he only let that show in his hand as it closed over empty air and quickly fell to his side. Quil stepped back and smiled. "Shame, you look like a drama student." He shrugged and when Andie had turned her gaze onto the deputy head he shot a look at the producer that was confused, intrigued and shocked at the response of this particular student.

"Andrea, Damien has opted for all the same subjects as you, I was wondering if you could show him around the school?" Andie narrowed her eyes at the deputy, she hated him, no, hate was too weak, she loathed him, despised him. She didn't want this. Why did the new kid in school have to be someone everyone recognised? It wasn't meant to happen with new kids; they were supposed to be unknown! Andie sighed and shrugged, moving her folder to her chest and wrapping both arms around it.

"If I'm going to show him around we'd better get going. Mr. Lane gets annoyed if people are late." She said, already backing away from the deputy head. The sooner she was out of this room the better, she'd show the new kid to this class then it would be the end of the day and someone else could take over, who wouldn't want to anyway? The deputy head nodded his assent and with a few brief words of luck to Damien he invited the producer and director into his office, no one realised that Andie was standing at the door waiting impatiently for her new fellow student.

Damien pulled a face at Quil who laughed and punched Damien's arm, together they walked towards the door that was slowly closing, the girl they only knew as Andrea having already left the room. Damien and Quil shared another look with their director and producer, both nodded in earnest and the two boys jogged lightly out of the room, the hallways were empty and they saw the girl easily, her fingers tapping an irregular rhythm on her folder. As soon as she saw them coming she slipped through the double doors, her platinum blonde hair the last thing they saw of her as she turned the corner and disappeared out of sight.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay this was long in coming i know i'm sorry.

it's a bit longer than the last one and it is slightly confusing but it'll work out i'm sure.

comments would be lovely ^__^