Status: Still Have Much More to Post

Bella Dawn Sanders

Chapter 2: Taking Responsibility

"Mr. Sanders how nice of you to join us on time for once in your life." Mrs. Jones said.

My heart started pounding in my chest, Rlease, please, please don't let him sit by me. I kept thinking to myself, but as luck would have it he sat right next to me.

The class began a minute later and I could feel Matt stealing glances at me every second he could. It was starting to annoy me, I turned to glare at him "What Matthew?" I hissed.

"You came back?" he asked shyly, which was very unchacteristic of him.

I just nodded curtly and turned back to my doodling. A few minutes later a piece of folded paper landed on my desk. I opened and recognized the hand writting as Matts How are you? he asked.

Fine, no thanks to you I responded.

I threw the note back to him and heard him sigh as he read it. A few minutes later it was back on my desk. What have you been up to? he asked.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head as I wrote Oh I don't know Matt, taking care of our daughter Isabella maybe (note the scarsam)

I threw it back to him and watched as he read it, he shook his head and muttered to himself so low that I couldn't really tell what he was saying but it sounded like "Stupid, stupid, stupid, I am so fucking stupid." Well, if thats what he was saying I would have to agree with him.

He threw the note back at me Terry, I'm sorry

I sighed and worte Sorry dosen't cut it Matt. You walked out on me when I needed you most, you walked out on Bella YOUR DAUGHTER, Just leave me alone. You've got a new pet from what I hear.

As he read what I wrote he quickly responded Lindesy? I don't care about her Terry, I don't even know why I asked her out, I guess I was just trying to act as if everything was alright, even though its not. Look Terry I miss you, I still love you and I really need to talk to you after class please?

I didn't even respond to him I just scoffed and rolled my eyes. When class ended I just packed my stuff and walked out. I didn't care if he wanted to talk to me, I didn't want to talk to him.

But Matt being the stuborn ass that he is wasn't going to have that, he chased after me. "Teresa wait!" He called as he ran towards me.

I turned around and glared at him "What the hell do you want me to say Matthew?" I gritted through my teeth.

He stood infront of me "Will you just listen to me for a damn minute, please Terry?" He pleaded. His noramlly vibrant hazel eyes were dull with a pleadeing saddness that not even I could ignor, even though I was pissed beyond hell at him I still loved him (not that he'd find that out any time soon) I couldn't say no to him with the face he was pulling on me.

I just nodded telling him to talk. He sighed and began "I know I can't say this enough Terry but I'm sorry, truly I am so fucking sorry. I've been beating myself in the ass since I walked out your front door two years ago and I've been too much of a pussy to come and tell you, but I'm standing up for myself now, I know you hate me but I was wondering if I could............ I don't know."

I sighed and said "Matt, I don't hate you I'm just uber pissed at you for what you did to me but if you want to see your daughter all you have to do is ask, she is your daughter too after all."

He nodded "Ok, can I see her today?" He asked.

I smiled slightly and nodded "Yeah, of course, after school. But Matt if you're going to be in her life, you need to actually be in her life and not come and go as you please, and if you are going to commit to this you and I need to set some ground rules."

He nodded "I know just tell me what they are and I'll abide by them."

Finally he's growing up and taking responsibility for his actions I thought to my self. "Ok, now we need to get to class, I'll meet you in the parking lot after school."

I went to walk away but Matt grabbed my arm. A million volts of elecricity surged through my arm at his touch, I turned to look at him "Thank you Terry!" He said.

I nodded for it was all I could do with out breaking down right there. His mere touch brought a flood of painful memories racing through my mind.

I walked off and went to my next class to finish out the day only seeing Matt one more time during lunch.
♠ ♠ ♠
tell me what you think please!!!