Status: Still Have Much More to Post

Bella Dawn Sanders

Chapter 5: Letting Go

When I woke up it was early morning I found both Bella and Matt gone, I got out of bed and went in search of them. I found them in the dining room and Matt was feeding her breakfast. I just had to stand back and watch this, As Matt went to give her another bite of cereal she turned her head and it got all over her, Matt groaned "Baby girl you’re making a mess."

I couldn't help but chuckle, causing both of them to look at me.

Bella said "Momma mess!" I smiled and walked over to them, taking a paper towel from the roll on the counter, and wiping off Bella’s' face.

"You little monster, be nice for daddy and stop making a mess." I told her sternly.

She looked up at me and pouted, I sighed and shook my head, she looked just like Matt when she did that. I moved the stuff off of her high-chair and picked her up resting her on my hip "Let's go get you cleaned up and ready for school little missy."

She turned to look at Matt still pouting, Matt chuckled and said "Momma makes me go to school when I make that face to hun, sorry but it's not going to work."

I laughed and said "I'll take you back to your house after we drop her off so you can get ready for school."

He nodded and said "Ok, I'll just watch TV in the living room or something."

I nodded before taking Bella upstairs to get her ready for school. Once she was cleaned up and dressed I called Matt in to come get her so I could go get ready, and he could spend sometime with her before we had to leave.

20 minutes later I was done and we were all in the van on the way to the daycare center. When we got there Matt got Bella out of her car seat and I grabbed her bag of stuff. We walked in and were greeted once again by Mrs. Roberts, "Hey Teresa, Matthew, and Miss Bella."

I smiled and signed her in "Hey Mrs. Roberts," I finished signing her in, "Just call my school if anything happens today and I'll be here to pick her up after school gets out."

She nodded and said "Alright, have a good day at school."

I smiled and turned to Matt, "Matt you need to put her down, she'll be fine and we have to get to your house so you can get cleaned up so we can get to school on time."

He looked at me then at Bella with sad eyes and hesitantly set her down on the ground, he knelt down still holding her small waist so she would stand without wobbling, "I'll see you later princess, I love you." He kissed the top of her head.

Bella grabbed his nose giggling "Love, daddy!"

Matt let her go to Mrs. Roberts and stood up, I chuckled to myself and said "Alright big guy, get used to it, we'll see you later Mrs. Roberts, Bye baby girl!"

Mrs. Roberts picked her up resting her on her hip; Bella waved at us and said "Bye, bye!"

Matt and I walked out of the daycare and back to my van. As we were driving to his house Matt started shaking his head "Dose it ever go away?" he asked looking at me.

I looked at him questioningly, "Dose what ever go away?" I asked back not knowing what he meant.

"The worry." He answered.

I smiled and shook my head "Nope, it just becomes second nature, none of it ever goes away Matt, she's your daughter!"

"Our daughter!" he corrected with a smile.

I smiled as well as we pulled into his drive way, "Where's your car?" I asked suddenly realizing he didn't have his car.

He smiled sheepishly and said "I left it at school yesterday."

I sighed and shook my head "Should have known, anyways go get cleaned up I'll sit and wait." We got out and walked into his house. I sat in the living room as he went upstairs and got ready for school, half and hour later he came downstairs dressed and ready to go. "Damn took you long enough." I complained as we walked back to the van.

Finally we made it to school and to my surprise we were on time, a few minutes early even. As we got our stuff out of the back of the van Matt turned to me and asked "Do you want to come eat lunch with us today?"

I thought about it for a minute 'us' meant the rest of the guys, our group of friends that abandon me with Matt when I got pregnant, I was hesitant. These guys and their girlfriends were supposed to be my best friends, the only one who actually didn't abandon me was Brian's girlfriend, Shawn, Matt seemed to sense my hesitation and put a finger under my chin turning my head so I was looking at him. "Please eat lunch with us, the guys and the girls feel really shitty for what happened, and I want them to know Bella. Terry they are our best friends, I know what they did and what I did was wrong, but we all make mistakes, and for this one I can speak for them when I say 'We're really sorry."

I sighed and said "I know, I know, Alright I'll eat lunch with you guys, this week just keeps getting interesting."

Matt and I made our way to our first period.