Status: Still Have Much More to Post

Bella Dawn Sanders

Chapter 6: Lunch and Broken Bones

The lunch bell rang after 3rd period and I groaned knowing that lunch was going to be interesting, a certain sense of dread spread it's way through my body as I made my way to 'the spot' where we all used to meet for lunch. I stood back taking a few deep breaths before I made my way over. Everyone was already there, Jimmy, Leana, Johnny, Grace, Zacky, Katie, Brian, Shawn, the Berry brothers Matty and Jason (JB Diz) their girlfriends Danni and Heather and last but not least was Matt. I walked up slowly, Matt, hazel eyes found my mine and he walked over to me. "Hey, you ok?" he asked noticing my nerves as they showed clearly on my face.

I took a deep breath and said "Yeah, I'll be ok I'm just a little nervous."

He chuckled and said "It's alright Terry, you don't need to be nervous everything's gonna be alright."

I sighed and we made our way over to everyone else. Zacky, who was my best friend other then Shawn and Matt was the first to come up to me. I looked up into his aqua colored eye and saw the sadness and regret of the past two years staring back at me, "Terry, I'm sorry, I was you're best friend I should have been there for you."

I smiled slightly and wrapped my arms around his waist and said "I know you're sorry Zack, it was a shitty thing to do but I'm over it, I don't like holding grudges especially against my friends."

Zack hugged me back then slowly everyone else came up and joined the hug saying they're sorry. Finally once all of the apologizing was over we all sat down and started our normal lunch, all of the girls were sitting in their boyfriends laps just like old times the only difference was I wasn't sitting in Matt's lap instead I was sitting next to him with no bodily contact what so ever. All through out lunch they all asked about Bella and Matt and I happily told them about her, we planed to get together at the beach this weekend and have our normal beach day. I was bringing Bella along so she could meet everyone else as well and Katie was bringing her two nieces and Lea was bringing her baby sister.

Everyone was so happy to have things returning back to normal, we all laughed as Jimmy and Lea bounced around scaring the freshmen, just like old times. I couldn't help but look at Matt, he smiled at me, and I smiled back, he held open his arms inviting me in, I hesitated but it was so hard to resist, I always felt safe in his arms. I finally just said 'fuck it' and crawled into his arms wrapping mine tightly around his muscular torso, that feeling of safety and relief washed over me. Matt kissed the top of my head "Hey, you doing ok?"

I looked up and him and smiled "Yeah, I'm fine, thank you for stepping up Matt, I'm so happy you are taking responsibility for Bella and for coming back into my life. It just hasn't been the same since you left."

Matt sighed and squeezed me tighter "I'll never forgive myself for doing that to you or Bella, Thank you for letting me back into your life and Bella's I love you both with everything I've got and nothing in the world is ever going to change that."

I smiled and said, "I know Matt, Thank you."

He sighed and kissed the top of my head again and we both went back to laughing at Jimmy and Lea. I think they may have been high; it was quite funny to watch.

But as fate would have it the lunch bell rang and we headed to our 4th period classes. During my 5th period class though I got called down to the office. As I made my way through the empty halls I got a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach, my motherly instincts were telling me that something thing had happened to my daughter. When I reached the office Ms. Strom was sitting at the desk waiting for me, "I got called down here, what's going on?" I asked.

Ms. Strom sighed and said "Teresa I just got a call from Bright Start Daycare saying your daughter broke her arm."

I felt the tears welling in my eyes "Oh my god, I have to go, fuck I need to get Matt, Uh Ms. Strom can you tell me what class Matthew Sanders is in I need to get him."

She nodded knowing that Matt was my daughters’ father. "He's in English with Miss Windom."

I nodded "Thank you."

I ran out of the office and to my last class to grab my stuff "Where are you going Ms. Boltera?" My teacher asked.

I threw my backpack over my shoulder and said "I have to go my daughter broke her arm at daycare, I have to go take her to the hospital."

My teacher nodded "Oh alright go on then I'll see you tomorrow."

I literally ran out of class and ran to Matt's class I walked in and Miss Windom looked at me "Do you need something?" she asked in her nasally voice.

I nodded and caught my breath "Matt Sanders."

Matt turned around as soon as he heard my voice he saw the pained expression etched on my face and asked "Terry what's wrong?"

I managed to say "Bella broke her arm at daycare we need to get her and take her to the hospital."

Before I even finished my sentence Matt was packing his backpack, "Excuse me, where do you think you are going Mr. Sanders?" Miss Widom asked sounding outraged.

Matt simply said "I'm leaving to go get my daughter, she's hurt and she needs to go to the hospital where the fuck do you think I'm going."

Miss Windom slammed her fist on the desk and said, "You most certainly are not leaving my class, your girlfriend can take care of this."

Matt started getting pissed now "I'm sorry but until you have kids don't tell me that I can't go be with my daughter when she needs to go to the hospital, and Terry can't drive look at her, she about to get hysterical, she'd wreck her car, so weather you like it or not, my daughter and my girlfriend need me and that is way higher on my priority list then your fucking class so I am leaving, give me a referral get me suspended do what ever but I am taking care of my family first."

Matt flung his backpack over his shoulder and walked up to me wrapping a comforting arm around my shoulders "Come on Terry let's go."

I tuned out Miss Windom as she ranted about Matt leaving class when he was told not to. Matt and I walked down the hall towards the parking lot. Matt asked, "Where are your keys?"

I took them out of my pocket and handed them to him knowing I wouldn't be able to drive, I was freaking out; I could tell Matt was too but he was much more composed and in control of his emotions then I was. As we reached then van Matt took my backpack from me and put it in the trunk along with his then we both got in and started making our way to the Daycare center. As he was driving Matt reached over and grabbed my hand lacing his fingers through mine and giving my hand a reassuring squeeze, letting me know he knew how I felt. Matt quickly parked and we both got out rushing into the Daycare we were immediately met by the piercing cries of our little girl. I couldn't hold back any more tears flowed freely down my cheeks. We walked to where we heard the cries coming from. Right when Bella saw us she screamed "Momma, Daeeeee!"
♠ ♠ ♠
ok tell me what you guys think!!!