Slowdance on the Inside

chapter 14

[Adam's pov]
I woke up to find myself laying upside-down on my bed, sitting up I laughed at myself as I wondered how I had come to be in that position.
As I did so I suddenly remembered that I was meant to be meeting Amanda at eleven, crawling to the top of my bed I retrieved my cell phone from in-between my pillows.
Flipping it open I cursed as I saw that it had just turned eleven, I considered bypassing having to take a shower but after sniffing myself a little I realised that that probably wasn't the best idea.
I quickly jumped up from the bed and grabbed some clothes before running in to the bathroom, turning on the shower I placed them on the floor and then got in, as he water hit my face I began to feel more awake.
As I turned the shower off I could hear the phone in my room ringing, I stepped out of the shower, wrapped a towel around my waist and quickly ran in to my room.
Just as I reached out my hand to pick up the phone it stopped ringing, sighing I turned around and walked back into the bathroom to brush my teeth and get dressed.
As I left my room I looked down at my cell phone to see that it was already 11.25am.
"Oh shit!" I said to myself, wondering where all the time had gone.
After stopping on what felt like every floor I finally arrived at the lobby, stepping out in to it I looked around for Amanda.
I didn't really expect for her to still be here, but I still felt dissapointed that she wasn't.
I didn't really feel like going back up to my room, so I asked the concierge for directions and went out to buy some gifts for my family and friends.