Slowdance on the Inside

chapter 19

[Amanda's pov]
Two months had passed since I'd returned from London, and two months had passed since I'd seen or heard from Adam.
It was Friday afternoon and I was sat eating lunch with my friend Evie, she was talking but I wasn't really listening, my mind was obviously elsewhere.
"Earth to Amanda," she said shaking me from my trance.
"Hmm, what?" I asked looking over at her.
"What's wrong?" She asked frowning.
"Oh nothing," I replied playing with my food.
"I have perfect vision Amanda, I can see that something is on your mind." She said shaking her head at me.
"Really it's nothing," I replied trying to avoid looking at her, she reminded me too much of my mother right now when she has pms.
"Oh I see, you're thinking about that guy. What's his name again? Alan or something like that?" She said placing her hand under my chin and moving my head so that we were face to face.
"Ok I'm thinking about him, I just don't understand what happened. I thought that he liked me but obviously I was wrong." I sighed.
"Well he did kiss you, obviously he must like you but...I don't know. Maybe he feels bad that he almost kinda cheated on his girlfriend or something." She said stroking my hair.
"You're probably right, I just wish he'd at least have called me you know?" I asked pitifully.
"I know sweetie. Anyways look my brother's friend, you know the DJ he said he could get us in to this big party tomorrow night." She said grabbing my arm.
"I don't think so," I said shaking my head.
"I don't believe I asked you if you wanted to go, I'm telling you that we're going." She said standing up and grabbing her bag.
"You know I'm not a party person," I said standing up and following her out of the restaurant.