Slowdance on the Inside

chapter 25

[Amanda's pov]
"Amanda can you go across the street and get me a cup of coffee please?" Asked my mother as I mooched around her studio.
"Sure," I replied taking the money that she was waving around in her hand.
It was just over two weeks since I'd seen Adam and I'd started to feel better about the whole thing, I'd always known that he had a girlfriend so I should have expected something like this to happen.
We'd had a good couple of days together but that was in the past now, Adam Lazzara wasn't the only fish in the sea.
I walked across the street and sighed as I saw the size of the queue inside the coffee store, from growing up here in New York city and having a caffiene addicted mother, I was used to this.
Eventually I got to the front of the line and waited as my order was filled, after paying for it I squeezed my way out of the store and walked back over to the studio.
Once I got inside I realised that my mothers clients had arrived, there were so many people standing around that I couldn't see who they were.
I walked in to the office and placed the cups on the desk, sitting down I opened a few sachets of sugar and stirred them in to my coffee.
"Thankyou sweetheart," said my mother walking in.
"Oh that's ok," I replied leaning back in the chair.
"Hey! why don't you come in and say hi?" She asked.
"I don't think so," I replied.
"But your friend is here," she said.
"What friend?" I asked looking over at her.
"Adam silly," she replied laughing as if I'd just asked her the simplest question ever, like what one plus one is.
"Adam's here, why?" I asked, starting regretting coming here today.
"Well I'm such an amaing photographer that they wanted to work with me again." She replied ruffling my hair.
"Great," I sighed trying to remember what I'd been telling myself over the past couple of weeks.
"Come on, he doesn't look too happy. Maybe if you come out and say hi he'll feel a little better." She said as she started to walk out of the office.
"Maybe later," I mumbled.
After a while I left the office and lurked in the shadows, unsure whether to stay or leave.
After a few minutes Adam came in to sight looking as if he hadn't slept in days, at the same time someone came and stood besides me.
I turned slightly rto see that it was Matt, he smiled at me slightly before I turned back to look at Adam.
"What happened to him?" I asked.
"He broke up with his girlfriend," replied Matt.
"But she's pregnant!" I gasped in suprise.
"Yeah, with someone elses baby." He said.
"Oh my god are you serious?" I asked.
"Yeah he found out the day before yesterday," he replied.
Once again I began to feel my heart beat racing, Adam was single now!
But pretty soon that feeling was replaced by guilt, he was obviously in pain and here I was feeling happy about it.