Slowdance on the Inside

chapter 26

[Adam's pov]
We spent an hour or so taking pictures, I knew that the reason why we had to keep trying again and again was me.
I'd hardly slept since the other day, sure I hadn't wanted to be with Vienne anymore and I certainly hadn't been ready for parenthood, but when I saw the outline of that little baby on the screen believing that I was the father none of that seemed to matter.
To learn that it had all been a lie just moments later felt as if my heart had been put in a blender.
I stepped outside the studio and leant against the wall, lighting up a cigarette and taking a nice long drag of it.
"I'm sorry," said Amanda standing next to me.
"For what?" I asked turning towards her.
"Matt told me about your girlfriend, I can't imagine how you're feeling right now." She replied stroking my arm.
"I'll be ok," I said looking her in her eyes.
"Well I should leave you alone," she said turning to walk back inside. "If you still have my nuumber and want to talk then call me."
"Amanda wait." I dropped the cigarette butt to the floor and grabbed her by the arm.
"What?" She asked softly.
"I wanted to call you so many times when I came home, but I just...what would I have said? Oh hey I really like you but my girlfriend that I was planning to leave so that I could possibly be with you is pregnant. Sorry!"
"SDo you really feel that way about me?"
"Of course I do."
"Then forget everything that has happened in-between London and now, we can start anew, pretend that we only just got back.
"Do you think that will work?" I asked.
"It's worth a try right?" She shrugged.
"Yeah," I replied wrapping my arms around her, bending slightly so that my lips met hers.
Have you ever seen those movies where the two people kiss and it's like the world stops at that moment, and then a million fireworks go off. That's exactly what that kiss felt like.