Sequel: Second Time Around

Zach, the Son of Wolverine

Nightmare and claws

Zach tried to get loose but he couldn’t because he was ones again strapped down to the strange operating table, in that strange room. He couldn’t believe it. Zach was back at the place where he had been kidnapped and taken a few months ago.
“No, no! This can’t be happening to me!”Zach thought and he felt the fear and panic growing inside of him. He just wanted to get loose and run away, away from this nightmare. Come back to his warm and safe bed back at the institute. There could nothing of this happen to him. Usually felt Zach so big and mature but now he felt so small, like a little kid that just want to huddle into his mother’s arms and hide from all the bad things.
“Fancy you could drop by again” It was Stryker. He grinned when he looked down at Zach. The fear and panic disappeared and instead the inside of Zach were filled with rage.
“YOU ARE NEVER GONNA GET AWAY WITH THIS. NEVER! MY DAD AND MY BROTHERS ARE GOING TO SAVE ME JUST LIKE THE LAST TIME” Zach shouted to Stryker. Stryker just laughed and grinned evil.
“Don’t be so sure about that” he said and pointed to the middle of the room. Zach looked to where Stryker pointed. He opened his eyes wide.
“No, this can’t be true. Dad! Jimmy, Billie!” Zach's dad and brothers layed in a pile on the floor. There was blood beneath them, they where died.
“Oh yes. They are died and you can’t do anything about it” Stryker said and started to laugh.
“No….” Zach said and he felt the tears rolling down his cheeks. Stryker just stood there and laugh about Zach’s misery.

Zach woke up in a flash. He was back in his room at the institute. It had just been a nightmare. Zach breathed heavily; his pillow was wet of tears and sweat. Every since Zach had been kidnapped he had been dreaming that horribly nightmare. The most horribly thing with the nightmare wasn’t to met Stryker again, it was to see his dad and brothers dead, lying there on the floor. He sat up in his bed and put his head in his hand. Zach couldn’t get that image out of his head. At that moment is started to stick in his hands and arms. Zach lifted up his head and started to look at the top of his hands. Suddenly he felt this pain in his arms. It felt like someone dragged a knife under the skin in his arms.

At that moment six bone claws, three on each hand, broke out from Zach’s knuckles. Zach didn’t say a word he just sat there and look at his hands. The blood from his knuckles dropped down on his sheet. But Zach didn’t care, he just sat there paralyzed. Zach felt that he had been sitting like that for hours but infact it was just a few seconds. Then Zach just like “woke up” and came back to the reality. He had to get these claws back in, Zach didn’t want anyone to see them, particular not his dad. What would he do if found out that Zach had got claws just like he and Jimmy? Would he treat him different? Perhaps he would throw Zach out from the institute? First of all, Zach needed claw down. He took some deep breaths and slowly he saw how his claws went back in.

When Zach’s claws had went back in and his wounds had healed, Zach fell back into his bed. What a way to start of your morning. He was to awake to fall back into sleep so Zach looked at his alarm clock on his bedside table. 7.45 in the morning. Okay, Zach could rather go downstairs and get some breakfast because he was also starting to get hungry. So Zach went up from his bed and began to walk down to the kitchen.

Downstairs in the kitchen Logan sat and read the newspaper. He had been up since 7 and trained. When Zach entered then kitchen he looked up and smiled to his youngest son.
“God morning Zach. What are ya doing up at this time in morning? You use to sleep to half past 8.” Zach didn’t want to tell his dad of what had happen.
“Ehm… I was just too hungry to go back into sleep that’s all.” Logan saw in his son’s eyes that he hadn't told him the whole truth. He put away the newspaper.
“Zach…. don’t try to fool me. I can see in your eyes that something is wrong.” Zach didn’t answered he just looked down into the floor.
“You had a nightmare didn't you?” Zach looked up on his dad.
“How could you…..?” he said confused
“Zach, it wouldn’t be strange that you had one after you had been kidnapped and held at that horrible place. Come and sit so we can talk about it. I promise you that it will feel a lot better after that. “Logan said and smiled.
“Yeah” Zach said and smiled back. Then he walked over to his dad and sat by the table. He was going to tell his dad about his nightmare but not about the claws.