Sequel: Second Time Around

Zach, the Son of Wolverine

Air Horn

Logan knew that Zach had played a prank on his brothers, again, when he found Zach hiding behind a mattress, in the training room at the institute. He had found Zach there in the morning, but now it was afternoon and Zach hadn’t moved from his hiding place. He must have done something really bad. Logan decided that he had to ask the twins what was going on.

The twins was laying on theirs beds and reading comic books. They looked up when Logan entered Jimmy and Billie’s room. The room was in a mess like it always was, comic books and cloth all over then place. It was just a matter of time before the room started to smell. Logan had told the twin that they had to clean their room, but even if they did it, it always ended up how it had looked from the start.
“Jim, Bill! What have Zach now done to ya?” Logan stood in the door opening.
“He woke us up with an air horn.” The twins said mad.
“Okay. I guess you will attack him with you find him.”
“YEAH! We haven’t found him yet...but it smells like he's here somewhere. I can smell that there are sandwiches here, somewhere.” Jimmy said. Billie nodded to an acquaintance with his twin brother.
“I know where he is. “
“WHERE?!” the twins shouted. They stood up from their beds and threw away the comic books so they hit the wall and slided down on the floor.
“In the training room, behind the mattress, he has been hiding there all day. “
Without saying anything to their dad, Jimmy and Billie had run past Logan and left the room. Logan knew where they where going.

Zach is lying behind a mattress that was leaning against the wall in. He had been hiding there all day because he knew that his brothers would be furious on him after he had waked them up with the air horn. So he decided that he had to hide there until they weren’t so angry anymore. Zach had made himself some sandwiches to eat during the day. The training room was just one big room with a lot of space and that were most of the students trained.
At that moment Jimmy and Billie had run into the room and grabbed Zach before he knew that they had found him. They draged him out and pushed him up against the wall
“Hey! What did I do?” Zach knew exactly what he had done.
“YOU KNOW WHAT, YOUR LITTLE PUNK!”
“You don't need to shout. I'm right infront of you.” Zach said and smiled.
Jimmy and Billie growled.
“No, really, what did I do? I have no idea myself.” Zach grinned; it was so much fun to tease his brothers’ even if he knew it wasn’t any good idea.
The twins slammed Zach backwards against the wall. Jimmy and Billie were really pissed at this point.
“Don't play dumb, Zach!” Billie said followed by Jimmy. “We know you aren’t, your idiot!”
“Okay you are right. Can you put me down now?” Zach had to find himself beaten before anything bad happened. His big pranks used to end up in that he got injured.
“No” the twins said and Zach saw in theirs eyes they where up to something.

Jimmy and Billie started to walk away from the training room with Zach hanging between them. They held him in hooked arms around his arms. Zach didn’t have any change to get loose. They walked down the corridor up on the 2: nd floor then up to the 3: rd. Zach had no idea where they were going. First he thought they were going to the twins’ room but when they pasted the room he wasn’t sure so anymore.
“Hey, where are you taking me?”
Jimmy and Billie didn’t answer him. They came up to a big window and stopped. The window took almost up the entire room on the wall in front of them. It faced the same side of the institute as the main entrance.
“Guys?” still no answer from the twins. They just put Zach back on the floor, still holding him. Billie then let go of Zach and walked over to the window and opened it, Jimmy was still holding hard around Zach's arm. When Billie came back to Jimmy, he helped holding Zach once again. The twins smiled a mad grin to Zach.
“What are you two planning now?” Zach looked confused at his brother. They didn’t say anything, they just continued to grin.
“Guys? This is not funny anymore.” Zach started to get worried.
Suddenly Jimmy and Billie walked up to the window with Zach. They pulled him up and then the twins held him outside the window, and it was a long way down to the ground...
“STOP ANNOYING US!!” The twins shouted.
“Threat doesn’t help. Besides you can't kill me. You know I got healing powers.” Zach said cheeky to his brothers. He knew they wouldn’t let him fall.
“True, but we can leave you hanging here” Billie said
“You see the thing sticking out there on the wall?” Jimmy pointed at some ornament that was decorating the façade.
“We'll hang you there and we’ll don't help you back inside.” Jimmy and Billie grinned while they hung Zach on the ornament. When they where done they shut the window and walked away, thinking it was one of theirs best pay backs ever.

Zach hanged there on the ornament, and that wasn’t so bad but after a while he heard that his shirt started to creak. That wasn’t any good sign.
“Guys... I think my shirt will break.”
Jimmy and Billie didn’t hear Zach because they had headed down to the kitchen for a relaxing cup of tea. The shirt started to creak more and more and then it broke. Zach fell headlong to the ground far down there.

Logan saw what happen, but he couldn’t stop Zach from hitting the ground. He ran up to Zach. He didn’t move, and there was blood under his head. Logan picked Zach up in his arms and started to carry him. He walked into the kitchen where Jimmy and Billie sat.
They both turned their head around when their Dad entered the kitchen.
“Huh?” they said. And when they saw Zach in Logan’s arms, they spit out their tea.
“WHA?!” the twins shouted and they stood up.
“Was this necessary? Just because he woke you up with an air horn you let him fall from the third floor? If he wouldn't have his healing power he would be dead by now.” Logan said with a mix between sadness and anger.
“But...but...” was the only thing Jimmy and Billie could stutter out. They couldn’t believe it. Their little brother was now injured and is was their fault.
“Look at him. These wounds will not heal in a few seconds. Be very happy he can't die.” Logan looked sad at Zach in his arms.
“But...we didn't know he'd fall.”
“But now you know. Jimmy. Here, you have to carry him down to the observation room.”
Jimmy took Zach in his arms and looked down sad on him. He, his dad and twin brother started to walk towards the observation room.

They entered the room. Jimmy laid Zach on the observation table and then he walked to Billie. Jimmy and Billie looked at each other with a solemn and sad expression.
“You must be very pleased with yourselves. “ Logan said. The twins looked on their dad.
“No...” they said quiet.
“Come over here and help me clean the big wound in back of Zach's head. Now!”
Jimmy and Billie shivered by the feeling of seeing their little brother in an almost dead state.
“Why?” they said quiet and looked at their dad, you could almost think of their ears being pulled back and their tail between their legs.
“Don't just stand there. Come and help me. Jimmy, find something that we can use to clean the wound. Billie, find some bandage.”
Jimmy and Billie did that their dad told them. When they had found what they should, they walked to Logan and gave him the stuff. Logan first cleaned Zach's wound. When he was done he put the bandage around Zach's head.
“I don't know how long Zach will be like this. You see, his healing powers aren't as developed as mine and yours. For me it would take between one half, to two hours to recover from a wound like this.”
“What will happen when he wakes up?” Billie said. Jimmy looked away and then he went and sat down on a chair further away.
“Nothing. His wound will heal and he will be himself again.” Logan looked at Billie.
“No...I mean, what will he think of us?” Jimmy said and scratched his head agonizing.
“I don't know. It depends. Jimmy, what's wrong?” Logan now looked at the green eyed twin.
“I...I just feel very bad.” Jimmy looked away.
Billie looked at Jimmy with a sad expression.
“I do to, Jim.”
“I will stay here and look after Zach until he wakes up. “ Logan said with a mix of a worried and sad expression.
Then Jimmy just stood up and walked fast out the door without looking or saying anything to Billie or Logan.
“Jimmy...” Billie stopped the rest of the sentence and then looked at Logan
“He...we... didn't want to hurt him...just make him hang there...just a fun way to pay back at Zach...” Billie looked down,
“I know Billie. But I don't know what to say really. I didn't see what happen. I just saw Zach fall. Billie, go after your twin brother. I’ll stay here and I will tell you when Zach wakes up.”
“Mmm...yeah I better look what Jimmy is doing...I have a bad feeling that he's not right...” Billie said and walked out of the observation room.

A day later Zach woke up, his head hurt a bit, but that wasn’t so strange after a fall from the 3: rd floor. Logan sat at a chair next to the table Zach laid on.
“Zach, you’re awake. How do you feel?” Logan said relieved when he saw Zach had waked up.
“Good. Dad I would like to talk to Jimmy and Billie. Tell them that it wasn’t their fault that I fall. Can you please get them for me?”
“If that’s what you want I get them for you.” Logan said and smiled to Zach. Zach smiled back. Logan walked out from the room to search for the twins.
♠ ♠ ♠
Written togther with my best friend on MSN.