Sequel: Second Time Around

Zach, the Son of Wolverine

The Monster in the shadows

The Howlett family had decided to do some ”family” activity. Logan had come up with this brilliant idea that they could go camping outside New York. The twins and Zach had got very surprised when Logan had suggested this. Jimmy didn’t like to sleep in a tent and it wasn’t safe for them to leave the institute. Logan said they needed to do something like a family. Along with them was also Adie, Jimmy’s girlfriend. A few months ago Adie had moved in at the institute, it was around the time Zach and Jimmy had the “tent punishment”, the punishment was that Jimmy and Zach would live in a tent in the garden for a week to learn how to cooperate better with each other. Jimmy didn’t want to sleep in the tent because he was scared of small spaces. The only way Logan could make him sleeps in there was if he also would let Adie sleep in tent with Jimmy. A few fights later Logan had let Adie come over. After a week their punishment was over, but Jimmy wanted Adie to stay, move in along with Jimmy at the institute. Yet again after a few fights Logan let Adie move in. Jimmy really loved Adie and she really loved him back. Adie was the only person who could make Jimmy fell calm, other than Billie but not in that way.

Anyway, back to the family activity. Everyone helped to put up the camp; it consisted of three tents, one for Jimmy and Adie, one for Billie and Zach and one for Logan. During the day the three brothers ran around in the forest as wolves sniffing on everything. Almost acting like puppies. None of them had been in the forest like this before all together. To be transformed into wolves just made it easier to run around. They run between the camp and forest, particular Jimmy who wanted to be with is girlfriend too.
At the sunset it was time to get back to the camp. It was dinner time. Logan and Adie had cooked some beans and bacon. Zach didn’t like beans and bacon but he was so hungry after had been running around all day he ate it way a big appetite. It had never tasted so good with food. Jimmy and Billie ate like they never had seen food before because they loved beans and bacon, and they were very hungry too.

It had become dark and it was time for bed. The brothers feel asleep at once, the fresh air had made them so tired. Before Logan went to bed he walked around the camp to make sure it wasn’t any uninvited “guests” around. He scented noting and went to bed. Not knowing that it was something out there in the dark watching them all.

It had just started to get light; the clock was about six in the morning. Zach came yawing out of his and Billie’s tent. He needed to pee and went back behind some bushes. When Zach was done he started to walk back to the tent, he yawed once more. At that moment a big hairy hand covered Zach’s mouth and an arm came around Zach’s waist. He tried to move but he couldn’t, Zach felt how he started to get carried into the forest. He had to do something so he bit the hand which was covering his mouth. The thing that was holding him snarled mad because Zach had bit it. Zach’s mouth got free.
“DAD!” Zach shouted. He was about to shout it aging but his mouth got covered again and Zach disappear into the forest far from the camp.

Logan woke up in a flash. He had heard Zach’s shout, and he knew that something had happed. Logan run out from his tent and started to scent. Logan picked up this familiar smell that he had hoped not to smell in his area.
“Sabretooth” Logan said mad. They had to hurry.
“JIMMY, BILLIE! WAKE UP!” They twins looked tired out for their tents. Billie rubbed his eyes and Jimmy yawed big.
“Dad, what’s the rush? It’s too early.”
“We must hurry up; Sabretooth has got your little brother.”
“WHAT?!” both the twins shouted and came out from the tents.
“Just tell me that you are joking” Jimmy said and looked worried at his dad.
“Do I use to joke about thinks like that?” Logan looked very serious.
“No” Jimmy mumbled quiet and looked down into the ground.
“I need one of you to come with me and rescue Zach, the other one have to stay here and make sure nothing happens to Adie.” The twins just looked at each other. Both of them wanted to come with Logan but they knew they couldn’t after all Sabretooth could come and kidnap Adie too and that would be a disaster.
“Who’s coming with me?” Logan said and looked at the twins. They both thought about it, and then Jimmy said to Billie:
“I’ll go, Bill you keep an eye on my girly” he said solemn.
“I’ll keep two eyes on her” he said and smiled to his brother and in that moment he turned into a wolf ready to strike any enemy.
“Okay, let’s find Sabretooth and your green haired brother!” Logan said and took off with Jimmy close behind him.

Sabretooth and Zach arrived to small glade, Zach was still trying to get loos from Sabretooth grip but he couldn’t. Zach bit Sabretooth’s hand again.
“Ouch you’re little… Why do you have to keep on biting me?” he snarled mad and looked at his hand to see the wound heal that Zach had caused him.
“What do you want with me?” Zach shouted.
“Simple, to kill you. I’m not so good on chit chat so let us get to the point.” Sabretooth grinned evil. His big hands closed around Zach’s neck. He lifted up Zach so he could look him right into his eyes. Sabretooth started to squeeze his hands more around Zach’s neck so he couldn’t get any air. Zach started to gasp for air and Sabretooth just started to laugh.
“This will be a real pleasure to kill you as it was to kill your mother.” At that time they heard a load roar and out from the bushes came Logan with his claws out.
“Get your hands of my son, bub.” He tackled Sabretooth so Zach got loose and landed on the ground. Logan and Sabretooth started to fight and they disappeared into the forest. Jimmy came out from the bushes where Logan had come from earlier, his claws were out. Zach was coughing and tried to get some air, Jimmy run up to him and got on his knees next to Zach. Jimmy’s claws got back in.
“Zach are you okay?” He said worried and helped Zach to sit up.
“No” Zach said and burst into tears. He lent himself against Jimmy and started to cry.
“Zach its okay, Sabretooth won’t hurt you anymore.” He smiled and pated Zach on his back.
“It’s not that. Sabretooth killed my mum” Zach started to cry even more. Jimmy’s smile disappeared and he turned pale.

After a while Logan came back to the glade, his cloth had some scratches and some blood on. He walked up to Jimmy and Zach, Zach saw still crying.
“How’s Zach?” he asked. Jimmy just looked solemn and Logan knew it had happened something.
“Not so good. Zach says that Sabretooth killed his mother.”
“Oh… I…, let’s get Zach back to the camp.” was the only thing Logan could say. He bent down and took Zach in his arm. Logan and Jimmy walked back to the camp; none of them said a word on the way back.
♠ ♠ ♠
The story I never wanted to write... I'm so sorry Zach.