Sequel: Second Time Around

Zach, the Son of Wolverine

Childhood memories

At a quiet place close to Alberta in Canada the spring started to change to summer. The sun was shining and some warm breezes warmed up the air even more. Logan was in the garage making sure his motor cycle was in a good shape for the summer’s small trips down to the pub. He had been doing this all morning while his wife Laura had been cleaning the house and their sons Jimmy and Billie had been playing in the sun. Logan and Laura had been married for six (almost seven) years. They were living in a small forest cottage near an Indian reservation, among with their two twin sons Jimmy and Billie. The cottages were the ones Logan had met Laura in for the first time when she had taken care of him after the Indians had found Logan after a “bear attack”. The cottage had just three rooms but it was big enough for the little family.

Suddenly the calm atmosphere broke. Laura came running towards the garage.
“Logan!” she shouted. Logan looked up on her. Laura had a worried expression on her face.
“Logan!” she shouted one more time and run up to him.
“What’s the matter babe?” Logan asked while he pulled his arms around Laura.
“I can’t find Jimmy. I’ve looked everywhere but I can’t find him”
“Laura, calm down. I’m sure he is here somewhere. He will be fine; he is a big boy now.” Logan kissed her forehead.
“He will not be fine!” She shouted and get loose from Logan’s grip.
“Logan, Jimmy is just one and a half years old. I don’t want to think what can happen to him out there in the dangerous forest.” Laura started to bite her nails, which she always did when she was nervous or worried. Logan walked up to her and took her hands in his.
“Don’t worry hun. I’m sure Jimmy was just playing Hide and Seek with Billie.”
“Yeah, I hope you’re right” She said and smiled to Logan.
“Let’s go back to the cottage and see if we can find Jimmy” Laura nodded and they both walked back to the cottage.

When they got back Logan and Laura saw a child with dark hair playing with blocks in the green grass.
“There you have Jimmy… or is that Billie? I can’t tell with his back turned to us.” Logan walked up the lonely twin and saw that he had blue eyes.
“Nope, this is Billie.” Logan saw Laura was getting more and more worried after they got back and only found Billie. Logan sat down so he got in the same level as Billie.
“Billie, where is Jimmy?” Billie placed a green block on a red one and then looked up on Logan and smiled.
“Jimmy not here” he said.
“Billie, where is he?”
“Forest” Billie pointed at the forest and then to continued to play.
“My baby Jimmy is in the big forest all by himself? This is not good. What if something has happened to him?”
“Laura calm down. Everything will be fine. With my super sense of smell I will find him in no time.” He stood up in his full length.
“I’ll come with you”
“No Laura, you do better here looking after Billie. Trust me. I will find Jimmy and bring him back unharmed.” Logan smiled to Laura and started to walk towards the edge of the forest.
“Be careful” She shouted after Logan.

The forest, so many smells and sounds Logan could pick up with his super human sense. He sniffed in the air; he was on the right way. Logan couldn’t understand what Jimmy was doing in the forest but Logan wasn’t worried. He couldn’t pick any smell for an animal or Sabretooth so Jimmy was probably just on little expedition on his own. Logan stopped at a ten meter high spruce.
“Hmm, that’s stage. Jimmy’s smell goes upwards…” Logan thought but when he had thought the last word he turned and looked up in the spruce. There, high up in the top of the tree sat Jimmy.
“Daddy” Jimmy giggled and waved to Logan.
“Jimmy, just stay there. Daddy is coming to get you.” In that moment Logan started to climb the spruce. The branches creaked underneath Logan’s heavy weight. It was not easy to climb a tree gracefully with Adamantium covering all your bones in your body.

Finally Logan got up to Jimmy. It was quite high up and he couldn’t understand how Jimmy even got up here.
“Jimmy, what are you doing up here?” Logan looked serious at Jimmy but Jimmy just giggled.
“I am a bear. Raww!”
“Okay bear-boy lets get you back to your Mummy, she is worrying to death about you.” Logan grabbed Jimmy and put him on his shoulder while he climbed down.

Laura came running towards them when Logan and Jimmy got out from the forest. She was carrying Billie just to make sure she didn’t leave him for a second.
“Oh thank God he is unharmed” she came up to them and put down Billie on the ground so Laura could hug Jimmy in her arms.
“I told you so, Hun.” He smiled at Laura.
“Yeah” she kissed Jimmy on his forehead. A tear ran down her cheek.
“So where was he?” Laura looked at Logan.
“Ehm… he was hiding behind a rock” he lied.
“Logan, I can tell you are lying. Tell me, I promise not to freak out if that’s what you think.”
“Okay I can’t lie to a beautiful woman like you. Jimmy was up in a tree pretending he was a bear.”
“A tree? How did he get up there?” Laura looked a bit worried.
“Does it really matter?”
“No, not really I’m just happy my baby Jimmy is back in my arms” Laura kiss Jimmy once more.