Sequel: Second Time Around

Zach, the Son of Wolverine

I came, I saw, I kicked ur ass

It was a warm spring day. The temperature was perfect, not to warm and not to cold. Zach had left the institute and was skating around in one of the big parks in New York. Logan didn’t really like that Zach was outside the institute alone. He could understand why, after all, Zach had got kidnapped outside the institute and his dad didn’t want it to happen again. Zach thought that his dad was to overprotective; okay it just meant that Logan cared about him, which meant a lot for Zach. But at the same time it was a bit irritating. Zach could take care of himself; his dad had taught him how to fight. If that Stryker guy tried to kidnap Zach again, he would kick his fat ass.

Zach passed alot of different people while he was skating around on his skateboard; joggers, parents with perambulators and so on, people you expected to meet in a park at noon. He laughed at a business woman in red high-heels, who had stepped into a pile of dog poop. Some people must watch where they step. The business woman didn’t noticed that Zach laughed, she was to busy swearing and was trying to wipe away the poop from her expensive shoes.

Suddenly, something or someone big tackled Zach so hard; so he fell of his skateboard while he was riding on it. The skateboard rolled of by itself before if stopped after a few meters. Zach landed on his side. He had scratched his elbow, but the wound healed really fast.
“Well, well. Who have we here? Isn’t it Snottyhair?” Someone said and Zach recognized that voice to well. He really hoped it wasn’t the one he though it was. Zach looked up and saw a round guy with crop blond hair. The guy was one head taller than Zach.
“Butch” was the only thing Zach said. Butch was Zach’s old bully from elementary school back in his home town. Butch had made Zach’s time in school a real misery. Whatever Zach did or say, Butch was there and teased him. He had never let Zach be.
“So you do remember me?” Butch said and grined at Zach. Indeed Zach remembered him.
“What the heck are you doing here in New York? I thought I had seen the last of you.”
“It none of your business Seaweed.” At that moment Butch’s cell phone rang, he looked at the display and sighed, and then he answered.
“No mum. I won’t be late for the opera this evening!” Butch said irritated before he hanged up.
“Oh, where were we?” Butch said and grinned at Zach.
“Oh, right….” he continued and without any forewarning he kicked some gravel in Zach’s eyes.
“Ah, my eyes!” Zach tried to rub away the gravel. He eyes became red and they were filled with tears.
“That was because you poured green permanent paint on me.” Zach knew what Butch was talking about. On Zach’s last day in school, before he moved to the institute, he had paid back for all the years Butch had bullied him, with pouring green paint all over Butch. At the time Butch had realized what had happen, Zach was already on his way to the institute.
“And now for the final revenge...” Butch lifted up Zach in his red and black striped shirt so they where face to face.
“This is not going to hurt…. much.” said and Butch made himself ready to punch him.

“Don’t be so sure about that, bub.”
Someone had stopped Butch just before he was about to punch Zach. Bub? Did the person just say bub? Zach knew who it was, who had stopped Butch.
“Dad!” Zach said relieved. It happened so fast. Zach got lose from Butch grip and Logan lifted up Butch in his old t-shirt.
“Listen here very carefully, punk, if you even touch just a hair on my son’s head again... It's you who're gonna become a head shorter.” With a snitch, Logan’s claws on his left hand came out. He put them a centimeter from Butch’s face. Butch became pale. He looked very scared.
“You got that?” Logan said and Butch nodded. He had his eyes glued on Logan’s claws.
“Good. Now… get out of my sight” Logan said and let go of Butch. At once, as soon as Butch got his freedom, he started to run the fastest he had ever run before. Logan and Zach looked at the running Butch.
“I think you made him wet his pants” Zach said and saw Butch running out from the park.
"Yup, I use to have that effect on people" Logan said and Zach laughed. It was quit right, his dad used to scare the living shit out of people, literally.
“Dad?” Zach stopped laughing and looked at his dad.
“Yup?” Logan continued to look where Butch had disappeared.
“You just didn’t happen to pass by when Butch attacked me? You have been stalking me to make sure that I didn’t get kidnap again?”
“Ehm…. I just was going to have a beer when……”
“Dad!
“I think we should head back to the institute. “ Logan started to walk towards the closest gate out form the park.
“Dad…You are avoiding the subject…” Zach said and run up to his dad.
“Hurry up Zach. The Professor will become mad at us if we come back to the institute to late.” Zach just rolled his eyes. Since when did his dad care about coming in time to something?