"Well, We Were Born to Die..."

the end is near. will you be ready for it?

Thoughts of our plans for tonight distracted me from even my reading in the library. I just couldn't focus. I just sat and thought for hours. I still wasn't sure weather it was the right thing to do or not, but i was decided. I was going to go through with this. And the more I thought about what Alexandria was planning with to do to the prince, The more I hated her. By The afternoon, I was filled with such fury towards her and her mother, that I could hardly wait for nightfall to come, so that I could get the means to destroy her.

And not nearly soon enough, nightfall did come, and Elton found me in my room, just as he was expecting. when he let himself into my room, I saw that he was dressed in a long brown traveling cloak, and he had another similar one draped over his arm. He walked toward me.

"Are you ready?" I nodded. "Here. Put this on. It's brisk out there tonight." He held out the other cloak and gestured for me to put it on. I did. It was thick and a bit large for me.

As we walked out of the castle, I was quickly glad that I had the cloak. It was very cold out. We walked for a bit. Elton knew the way. I followed him for several minutes. I paused for a moment to look up at the sky. It was dark. There was no moon. The only light we had to go by was the little starlight trickling through the tall tree branches above us. We continued walking.

It seemed like a lifetime before Elton finally announced that we had reached our destination. When he said this, I thought he was crazy. The only thing I saw around us were more trees everywhere I looked. Only after closer inspection of our surroundings did I noticed a small dark house covered with trees. We walked towards it.

When we got to the door, Elton knocked lightly three times, and then opened it.

"You know, it might be better if you wait outside. The apothecary doesn't like strangers in his house. This shouldn't take long, " Elton said, looking apologetic. I nodded and stood by the door as he went inside.

For about six minutes I waited. All around me was silence. I didn't hear anything from the house or anywhere else in the forest. This made me a little uneasy. I jumped when I heard the door open behind me. It was Elton returning. I noticed he had a leather pouch in his arm.

"Did you get it?" I asked. He walked towards me and handed me the bag. I took it without another word and opened it. I reached my hand in a pulled out a small sliver vial. It was filled with a sort of iridescent violet liquid. I glanced up at Elton. He met my eyes and gave a small nod. I replaced the vial in the pouch and tied it shut. We walked back to the castle in silence.