"Well, We Were Born to Die..."

the end.

It was the morning of the wedding. I decided that it was now or never. I took the leather pouch out from under the floorboards I had hidden it last night. There was still time to take care of this business before the ceremony. It wasn't to be held until the late afternoon. If I was lucky, then they hadn't even started eating breakfast yet.

I got dressed quickly and rushed to the kitchen. I soon found that I was right; breakfast was still being made. I snuck into the place where the tea was sitting out, waiting to be taken into the dining hall by a maidservant. No one was around. "This is just way to easy, " I thought silently as I slipped the vial from under my skirt. I realized that it would be impossible to figure out which cup Alexandria would be drinking. I panicked. Someone would be coming soon to take the tea in. I then had the thought that she always dined with her mother, and I didn't care if her mother died. She was a horrible person too, after all. She had platted this entire thing anyway. I pulled the cork out of the the vial and poured a drop into each cup. I heard someone coming, so I quickly fled the kitchen without being seen. I hid in a nearby corridor waiting to hear the results of my deed.

I sat and listened silently for a few minutes. Then, a sharp scream pierced through my thoughts like a spear. The scream was quickly cut off.

I had done it. She was dead. I knew it.

About four or five servants ran past me. I pretended like I didn't know what was going on. I asked one of them what had happened.

"They're dead! They're dead! Alexandria and Prince Vincent! Poisoned!" The servant answered me. She ran past me. I didn't believe her. That was impossible. The prince could not be dead! I ran into the dinning room. There, sure enough, were the bodies of Alexandria and the prince. I was stunned into silence. That potion was not meant for him! How could this have happened? Without a second thought, I ran to Elton's room. I burst through the door screaming. I was hysterical.

"Elton! Elton! I killed him! I killed him! I killed him! I didn't mean to . . . I never wanted this to happen . . . " My word were drowned out by my sobs.

"It's okay! It's going to be okay!" He tried desperately to calm me down. It didn't work.

"NO! It's not going to be okay! This is all your fault! You wanted this to happen all along! You wanted me to kill them! You wanted me to kill my prince!" I pulled out the vial of potion I still had in my bag. I lunged at Elton, and pushed him against the wall. He was so shock at my actions, he didn't respond immediately. I took that opportunity. I pressed the vial into his mouth and forced him to swallow the liquid. In seconds he collapsed. I let go of his body and let it fell to the floor. I turned and stormed out of the room. It was over. I had nothing left. Elton, my dearest friend. Dead. By my own hands. The prince, my truest love. Dead. By my own hands. I had nothing left. Nothing to live for.

I walked through the screaming servants and the king's men and maidservants. Without stopping once, I climbed to the highest tower in the castle. I stood by the wide window, and without another second's consideration, I swallowed the rest of the contents of the small silver vial. The last thing I heard was the sound of it shattering against the stone floor.

en fin.