Power, Passion, Betrayal, It's All in the Family

Waking up in Vegas

It was almost a year since my little bundle of joy was born. Anthony was healthy, happy and growing at a steady pace. Michael and I couldn't have been happier, actually I think we could. Speaking of Michael he was acting Don of the family since his father's health wasn't very good, and his father was planning on retiring soon anyways. Carmella had just convinced me to go to Las Vegas with Mike to get away from New York for a few days, she also convinced me to part with Anthony as well.

I knew Carmella would take good care of him for me but a small part of me didn't want to leave him behind. It was early when Mike had awoken me to get up so I could get showered and get breakfast. As soon as that was done we were out the door and into the car and arriving at the airport. The next thing I knew Michael was awaking me, he looked down at me with a smile on his face. I couldn’t help but smile back at his loving face; he then kissed me before standing up.

“I guess this is our stop,” I joked, Michael smiled.

“I guess so, now hurry up we got to go, I have a meeting with Fredo and Moe Green,” he replied seriously. I stood up and grabbed my bag and we headed off the plane. I knew today wouldn’t be a good day to joke around with Michael since he meant business. I also knew that he would lighten up come bedtime.

When we arrived at the hotel men walked us up to the room where we’d be staying. Two guys were standing on either side of the door. Both of them looked very intimidating with their suits and fedora's so I moved slightly closer to Mike. Noticing my tenseness he gave me a reassuring peck on the forehead.

As soon as the door opened a band started playing and Fredo rushed over to the two of us enveloping us in a hug. When he pulled away I happened to notice Johnny and Sonny were here as well I smiled at the both of them. Sonny then came over and gave me a hug and helped me put my bag in the bedroom as Michael dealt with the others.

“So how’s my nephew doing?” Sonny asked.

“He’s fantastic Sonny, he’s growing up so fast I brought pictures for you and Fredo,” I replied with a big smile on my face. He then hugged me once more and gave me a kiss on my cheek.

“You wouldn’t believe how much I missed you Adriana,” Sonny said letting out a sigh.

“I missed you to Sonny I wish things didn’t go the way they did,” I responded.

“Then again if it wasn’t for you I’d probably be dead, in a way I’m happy it ended this way,” Sonny responded sounding jovial, Johnny then walked in and gave me a hug.

“I think you better get out there Sonny, Mike looks like he’ll blow his top anytime now.”

With that I went to the doorway as both men excited the room. I watched in the shadows as the rest of the conversation went on. Moe Green was saying that he didn’t need people like him taking over the casino and stormed out of the room. Fredo then tried to get Mike to change his mind. I knew Michael wouldn't it takes a lot to change his mind.

“I won’t Fredo, Vegas has made you soft I can’t stand to see you like this,” Mike spoke, “never go against the family again you hear me.”

With that everyone said goodnight and left Michael and I alone. Letting out a sigh he walked over to the chesterfield and sat down. I walked behind him and started rubbing his shoulders.

“Look Mike we’re leaving tomorrow let’s make the best of this night.”

He looked up at me and smiled, standing up he picked up my hand and led me to the bedroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait my mom's been off work for two months and my writing mojo went away. Now that she's back to work it came back, plus the computer is in the living room and I didn't want them peering over my shoulders I hate that.