Maybe I'm Dead

Awkward Awakening

I didn’t remember what happened that night anymore, it’s all hazy and irritating. I remember the girl and her amazing strength and freakishly green eyes (well, I say freakish as a compliment) but that’s about it. Oh, and I remember snow. Lost and lots of friggen snow.

The sun rose the next morning waaay too soon. The horrible light burned through my newspaper-covered windows and attacked me with its satanic rays. Groaning, I yanked my blanket off and slowly sat up. Only three more days until I had to go and make a first impression on a class of people that I would spend four years trying to shape my future with... oh god. You think I’m being negative?

I moved painfully slowly out of bed, knowing that if I didn’t get up soon my mom and sister would think that I was dead. I stepped onto the ground and glanced down at the floor... or mess of clothes and magazines rather. I’d only been here for a couple of days and somehow I’d already trashed my room to the highest degree. Ungh.

I slowly shuffled across my floor towards the door (which had already been plastered with My Chemical Romance posters) and slowly creaked it open. As soon it opened, the sweet scent of muffins swirled around me... my sister, Devin, was baking. This was defiantly an up side to the day!

“Hey, Theo!” my sister called from the kitchen, obviously hearing me leave my lair.

“Your baking... my day is suddenly better,” I called down to her over the balcony.

Our new house had an open plan. The second floor was more of a balcony to be honest. It wrapped around three of the four sides of the main room and had all of our bedrooms and a bathroom on it. The downstairs was a living room with a large arch in one wall. Said arch led into the ridiculously large kitchen! Devin was all excited about it but I just thought that it was a serious waste of house space. We could have used that room for something like a media room, or a place to store my guitars or all the other shit I can’t fit in my room.

I walked around to the stairs leading to the main floor and took a space at the kitchen table, dropping my head down with a sigh. I tried to distract my mind from the horrible pain in my body with the wonderful scent of baking muffins; hopefully my mom wouldn’t make me do anything today. I would try and use the excuse that I almost died if she did.

Suddenly the door bell rang through the house, but I didn’t even twitch.

“Devin? Could you get that?” our mom called from somewhere upstairs, obviously she didn’t know I was awake yet or she would probably have asked me since Devin was baking.

“Theez?” Devin asked, forcing me to look up at her.

She was looking at me over her shoulder while pulling a tray of muffins from the oven. I took this as a request to go and get the door for her.

“Yeah... you’re lucky I love you Miss Sister,” I smiled, shoving away from the table.

I ruffled my hair a little as I walked; I didn’t want to look like a total zombie to who ever was at the door. I un-locked our heavy black lock and it slowly pulled open. There stood the girl, her copper hair cascading in waves around her hips and her shocking green eyes gleaming at me.

“Hello!” she smiled to me in her bright, crisp voice, “how are you feeling today?”

“Hi, I’m alright... um, thank you. Come in?” I offered, stammering and blinking. I must have looked like a complete retard, but I was so friggen shocked to see her!

She smiled a model-esc smile and glided past me into the house. She wore a black dress that seemed to belong in the renaissance time... yet some how it looked wonderfully gothic-modern on her. Her luscious naturally red lips were neat and shiny. They complemented her pale skin and green eyes yet didn’t make her look like Christmas face.

“Uh, excuse the mess. We’re still moving in,” I told her, referring to the stacks of boxes scattered randomly throughout the house.

“Oh it’s fine! I totally understand,” she laughed spinning around to face me; her dress flowed around her knees as she spun and bounced back into palace as she stopped.

“Alright!” I smiled, finally managing to half-way collect myself enough to start acting like a normal human.

She glided closer to me and held out her hand, making me realize that she was holding something.

“Here, I found this in the snow last night after I brought you home. I thought you might need it back,” she told me, handing me my cell phone.

That’s right! I forgot all about loosing it in the snow last night, I was a bit distracted by the fact that I had been saved by super girl.

“Oh thanks so much! My mom would have killed me if she found out that I lost another cell phone,” I laughed, gratefully reaching out to take the slim piece of plastic.

My finger tips gently brushed hers as I took it and I was relived to find there was no electrical current or coldness to her skin (yes I read Twilight; I was thinking maybe she could be a vampire. This was kind of how it happened right? Just the other way around, instead of Edward saving Bella, it would be Bella saving Edward! There’s a thought to think about...)

“Your welcome! So how do you like the neighborhood?” she asked, gliding in the direction of my maroon couches.

“Uh, I don’t really know. I haven’t seen much of it yet! The only parts I’ve seen were the village and some snow,” I joked, following her sitting on one of the couches.

“Well I’m sorry your welcome here wasn’t as spectacular as it could have been! Trust me, these kinds of snow storms are something that become much easier to manage then when you first face them. I’ve learned how to easily maneuver through them since I’ve lived her all my life,” she explained to me, taking an invite to sit on the couch next to me.

“Oh! Well that explains how you were able to save me last night... I was thinking possibly super woman or maybe figment of my imagination,” I grinned, damnit wasn’t I awkward?

“Oh, being a super hero would be a lot of work. I don’t really think I’m up to it!” she laughed and then she stuck her chest out and placed her fists on her hips looking a bit like superwoman.

“Devin! Who was at the door, dear- oh! Hello!” my mom exclaimed as she rushed down the stairs to find me sitting on the couch with a beautiful stranger.

“Oh, mom? This is...” I trailed, shit I didn’t know her name!

“Jersey, Jersey Vinetti,” she informed me and my mother.

“She’s the one who pulled me from certain snowy death last night. She came to return my phone,” I explained to my mom, holding the phone up for her to see.

“Oh! Thank you so much dear! I really can’t thank you enough for saving my boys life... is there anything we can do for you?” my mom asked coming to join us in the living area.

“Oh no thank you, it was my pleasure!” she assured, “I just came by to make sure he had his phone back, so I think I should be on my way now,” she slowly stood onto her heeled feet.

“Um, thanks again though. Really, I’d be dead if it weren’t for you last night,” I thanked her honestly, standing up along with her.

“Oh you’re welcome! I’m glad I was there to help,” she smiled beginning to head for the door.

“Well, thanks again! Feel free to come by if you ever need anything!” my mom called as I rushed ahead of her to get the door.

“Thank you!” Jersey called back to my mother, “the offer stands the same for you and and the rest of your family!”

I held the door open and walked her down the porch like a good little boy. My mom drilled manners into me at a very young age.

“Well, thanks a million for stopping by to drop my phone off. You didn’t come far, did you?” I asked her once the door was closed behind me.

“Actually, I live right across the street in that house over there,” she explained to me, pointing a slender black-finger-nail-painted finger in the direction of a giant palace at the end of the road.

“Oh... you live in that really big one there? At the end?” I asked in amazement, trying not to sound rude.

“Yup! My dad owns a big company and my mom inherited a bunch of money from her family when they died,” she explained, lowering her hand to brush away the hair that had been blown into her face.

“Wow your lucky! I wish I could live in a house like that!” we both laughed and then she reached forward to pull me into a firm hug.

“If you ever need anything, just come up to my house. Like I told your mom, you’re always welcome,” she smiled into my ear.
I hugged her back after a brief moment of shock and grinned, though she couldn’t see.

“Thanks. Me and my mom are here for you too if you ever need us,” I told her, but I don’t know why a rich girl would ever need to come to my house?

“Definitely... I’ll be sure to see you’re around,” she said, and then she was pulling out of our hug and confidently striding down the walk way away from my house.

I stayed standing in the cold air watching her go, listening to her heels clicking against the cement walk way. Her dress and her hair billowed in the freezing winter wind, but she seemed un-effected by it in all ways... she really must be super woman. Becoming extremely freezing, I folded my arms together and rushed back inside my house where it was warm and still smelled wonderfully of muffins.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm actually starting to formulate a plot for this story! I dunno though... I kinda like it^^
I'm getting REALLY sick of my other story (the one that's not a one-shot) so I think I'm going to write another MCR story to make up for it. Anyone have any ideas/requests? I promise not to fuck it up too badly XD lol.
Lots of love!
Mz. Lee