Finding Her

8. Starting school

Kairas POV

I woke that morning alarm clock ringing in my ear, remembered what happened the other night and smiled to myself. I sat up in my bed and looked around the room, I saw Frank in the corner of the room playing my guitar. He has been washed dressed and is totally ready for school,
“Morning,” I say as I climbed out of bed, walking to were he was playing, he put the guitar down and patted his knee, I sat down and cuddled into his chest. Things were moving fast and it was weird but it felt right.
“Morning,” he says replying to me.
“Sleep well?” I asked.
“Yup, you?” I nodded my head and looked into his eyes
“How long have you been up?” I asked worried if he had been up all night.
“Not long,” he told me kissing my forehead. I cuddled into him not wanting to let go of him. I looked up at him; his eyes were a soft brownie green they were beautiful.
“You’re not up for this are you?” I asked him looking deeper into his eyes.
“For what?” he asked, he might have been worried about me or he might not understand what I was on about.
“Us…” I say, I wondering what he would say.
“I…I just think we are moving a little fast, you know…I really like you and I want to be with you, last time I had a relationship we moved fast and it was over in under a month, and I don’t want that, I want it to last,” He said in a concerned way, his voice was a deep tone and it was cute the way he told me, he didn’t want it to end in under a month and that was sweet. I nodded and we both got up, I went away to get dressed, I came back and we were just about ready to head off to school, Aunt was just off the phone to the Dean of the school, he said he was delighted to have me come to the school and I can start today, just go to the Deans office before school starts and I’ll get my time table. In a way I was excited but I was afraid as well, I’ve never moved school before and it was certainly going to be different from my school back in Scotland, we had stupid uniforms and we always had to wear a tie, the time table was strict and everyone had to arrive on time or you will get a detention. Not my kind of school I was hopping that this one would be totally different, I might have been asking for too much.
Me and frank started our walk to school, we showed me his house and said me had to meet up with the ways…I had no idea what he was on about but I just nodded. We came to a beautiful house, flower garden, the flowers were bright loving colors, the house was a cream color and stood out more from all the other houses, it was almost as beautiful as my aunts house. The gate was a black but it was taking in just as beautiful as the rest of the house. Frank and I walked up to the house hand in hand, he let go of my hand and knocked lightly on the door, all of a sudden there was a crash, bang then a very loud ‘ Shit’ at the end. The door opened and a tall guy about 5’8ft stood there a backpack on his shoulder, he was wearing jeans with a black Ramones tee, his hair was a light brown with blonde streaks hardily noticeable unless you tried to see, it was obvious that this wasn’t his natural hair color. He gave a smile, he seemed like a nice guy he opened his mouth and said “C’mon in, Gerard needs to repair from falling down the stairs…again” he laughed,
“Again…how many times does he have to fall,” Frank said with a laugh, “Oh Mikey this is Kaira, Kaira this is Mikey, he my best friend” He added. I smiled at Mikey and shook his hand
“Pleasure, to meet you” I said.
“Pleasures all mine” he said and let go of my hand Frank followed Mikey into the hallway and I followed Frank, we walked past the stairs and into what seemed like the kitchen, there was a boy, I remember his face from the plane, of course that’s the boy that through the shoe at my head, His long hair covered some of his face, his face was paler that I thought. I smiled at him, and he returned the smile. Mikey went over to the coffee machine, “Kaira? Do you want some coffee?” He asked politely.
“Yes please, two coffee one sugar, lots of milk,” I conformed him, he let of a laugh and turned around to the machine. Frank sat opposite Gerard, Frank patted his knee as for me to sit on it, I smiled and sat on top of him, Gerard looked up and gave Frank a look, I wasn’t sure on what he was meaning but Frank nodded and a smile showed on Gerard’s lips.
“Don’t be afraid of Gerard, he doesn’t bite…much” he whispered in my ear “Mikey’s a cool kid he wouldn’t even hurt a fly so don’t worry about him either…there are three other people you will meet, Bob, Ray and Matt” He added before kissing my cheek. I smiled slightly, I was a bit worried about these other people I kept on getting images of Vampires, Ghosts and Black Magic, I came out of my daze when Mikey put coffee down in front of me and Frank, one for each.
“The Vampire mug is yours Kaira, the Ghost one is Franks” Mikey told us, I looked at him weird…I guess he liked that sort of stuff, like Zombies and evil things that will hurt you if you hurt them, weird guy. I nodded and picked up the Vampire mug and took a few sips, I turned to face Frank slightly he put his arm around me and Mikey gave Frank the same look as Gerard did a few moments ago and Frank replied in the same way, but Mikey looked different after Frank nodded he didn’t smile, I would have thought he would be happy for his best friend, I shrugged it off and looked around the room, I was a 14 year old girl with 3 guys in the same room as me…Usually guys would stay far away from me, they’d hate me, I looked down at my feet frank must have noticed cause he nudged me a little, I gave him a fake smile and continued to look at my feet in knots with Franks, I was lost for words and I was in a daze.
“We better be off, or we will be late,” Mikey said bring me out of my world I looked around the room for a clock I found one and it read “8.20” I got up from Franks knee and moved to the sink to put my cup away, this house was weird the outside is beautiful…I just wish I had the same feeling about the house when I first saw it, the more I stayed in the house the more I wanted to get away, we finally left the house a few moments after headed in the direction of the house.
Frank and I walk hand in hand, I felt safer when I was with him, he was like my vampire wanting to protect me from anything and everything Frank and Gerard didn’t really speak but Frank and Mikey did, I let go of Franks hand and walked beside Gerard.
“Hey Gerard,” I said
“Hey Kaira, how are you?” He replied
“I’m good and how are you?” I asked back
“Been better,”
“Why what’s wrong?” he hasn’t replied, “Gerard? Please don’t ignore me,”
“I’m not,” He snaps back
“You are, you want to talk about what’s wrong? Or do you want to keep it inside so it eats you?” I ask him he slows down a little
“I’ll let it eat me,” he told me, I wasn’t going to push him into telling me what was wrong cause I barely know him, I’ll drop it…for know.
Frank and Mikey had caught up and I was back with walking with them, something was wrong about it though, Mikey wasn’t the guy I thought he would be, Frank wasn’t saying anything and Gerard was in a mood, was I the only happy one here? It seemed like it.
We arrived to school and Frank showed me into the Deans office, He sat there with me, like he didn’t want to leave.
“You must be Kaira, I’m the Dean of this school, as long as you follow my rules everything should be fine between us, okay?” I nodded, “The rules are easy, don’t skip class, don’t bully, no music during class unless its Music class, no chewing gum and listen to what the teachers say, it is there job to tell you what to do and help you to learn,” he told me in his strong Canadian accent, I knew he wasn’t from around here in fact I knew he was Canadian cause he sounded just like my old French teacher and he was Canadian. The Dean noticed Frank beside me and smirked Frank looked away. “ You will be in the same class as Mister Iero, come back to be if you have any Questions come back and we will hopefully see you soon,” he added. Frank was unsure, he opened the door and left.

Franks POV

I hated that man, he was a rapist, I didn’t want to let Kaira in with him alone just in case he did something to her, and I wasn’t going to let him, not now not ever.

“Kaira, could you tell me when he wants to see you, in his office…please,” I asked her not wanting to make eye contact.
“Um…yeah sure, can I ask why?” She asked.
“You can ask why, but I wont tell you why, please just don’t see him…ever,” I tell her.
“What if I bump into him?” she asks.
“Then turn and say you need the toilet and climb out the bathroom window,” I say, I don’t think she realizes how serious I am.
“Frank please, tell me why,” she begs, she has turned to face me; I couldn’t resist those eyes, those beautiful brown eyes.
“He isn’t a nice man, he hurts a lot of children that’s why okay?” I told her, I didn’t want to get into to much detail about it… and in fact I think I was the only kid who got raped by him, at least twice a week. She gave a worried nod and kissed my cheek lightly. I smiled to myself and returned a kiss.
“Get a room,” said a voice from behind, I smiled, as I knew who it was.