House of Jealous Lovers

As Cruel As School Children

"Dude, I'm so kicking your ass right now!" Danni yelled over the music.

"You're just lucky I prefer drums to the guitar!" I yelled back, struggling to hit the right buttons on the controller. "I fucking hate guitar!"

"But it's so easy to play!" Brian laughed.

"You say that cuz you play this Godforsaken instrument for a living!" I argued.

"You're really a better drummer than anything," Danni laughed. "Unless we're playing the Latin songs, then you're the better singer."

"That's just because I speak Spanish!" I laughed.

"Exactly. No one can sing Mars Volta like you," she teased.

"Fucking Christ! My fingers are about to fall off!" I said, failing miserably to hit the correct buttons.

Everyone was sitting around the living room, watching Danni and I battle each other to a System of a Down song on guitar. I was failing the song miserably as we continued to play, unable to move my fingers that fast to hit the correct buttons on time. Everyone thought it was funny that I was so uncoordinated with playing the guitar since I was the only one that really struggled with this instrument. I just happened to be the better drummer because it was easier for me. Jimmy loved that I was the drummer, saying that we were drumming buddies for life.

"London, you really need to stick to the drums!" Johnny laughed. "You suck so bad."

"Like anyone else can do any better against her! She's like a freak of nature when it comes to this game! No one can move their fingers at such an inhuman speed." I laughed.

"I think I can keep up," Brian grinned.

"Is that a challenge?" Danni mused.

"Fuck yeah it is! I'm so taking you down," he yelled.

"Oh shit, this will be good," Matt laughed.

"I think Danni's gonna wipe the floor with him," Sas said.

"Hey! You're supposed to be on my side!" Brian whined.

"Just because she's your girl that doesn't mean she's gonna side with you all the time! She'll always choose the women's team over you," Jimmy laughed.

"Yep. That's just how it is. Women keep men around for sex and then when we've grown tired of you, we ditch your sorry asses and team up with the other women of the world in order to plan world domination. That's just how it is," Val said.

"You're all an odd bunch," I laughed, failing to hit more buttons.

"Well, Syn you're up after I hand London her own ass on a silver platter," Danni grinned.

"Aw fuck it! I give up!" I said, throwing the guitar away from me.

"It's no fun to win by forfeit!" Danni whined.

"Then kick Syn's ass and you'll have your fun!" I replied.

"Party pooper!' she said, sticking her tongue out at me. "Alright Haner. You're up," she said with an evil grin.

I just shook my head and took a seat near Jimmy on the couch, cradling my left hand in my right. Jimmy smiled at me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders, urging the two of us closer. I leaned in closer to him, resting my head on the front of his shoulder as his hand rested on the outside of mine.

"What's with the sad face Shortcake?" he asked, noticing the present pout on my face.

"I hurted my hand playing the stupid guitar," I said, sounding like a five year old.

"Aw, how sad," he replied teasingly. He brought my aching hand to his lips and kissed each finger, causing me to smile a little at the sweet gesture. "Any better?" he asked.

"All better," I smiled. "You're like a magic medicine man with those lips," I laughed.

"Oh yeah. They're actually made of morphine so they are designed to take the pain away and replace it with a nice stoned aftereffect."

"No wonder I feel a little loopy," I said.

"That's just my charm working you over, not my magic lips," he laughed.

"Well Doctor, I think the pain's returning so I need another dose," I grinned, leaning in closer to him.

"I think you're right," he replied, planting a soft kiss on my lips.

"Ugh, you guys are so fucking cute that it's completely nauseating," Val scoffed, causing Jimmy and I to pull away from each other.

"Like we didn't have to suffer through the same thing when you and Matt got together," Jimmy said.

"That's different," she shrugged.

"How so?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Cuz we're just cool like that," Matt said, wrapping an arm around Val.

"Sure, just keep telling yourselves that," Zacky said, rolling his eyes.

"Oh my God! He speaks!" Johnny laughed, patting Zacky on the arm.

Things between Zacky and I remained awkward to say the least. Since that afternoon I realized that I wasn't over him completely, things have been turned up a notch on the tension scale. When we were in a big group like we were now, he sat off by himself, across the room and watched me like a hawk with this unreadable emotion on his face. I wanted to call it jealousy but then I shook my head of the thought, knowing that it was such a preposterous notion.

There were times though, where it was just Zacky and I alone and that was when the danger occurred. I would have to do all I could to fight off the strange magnetic pull between us. He never made the situation easier, which might have been most of the appeal for him. He sensed that things were different between us and knew that I was slightly uncomfortable around him so he played that up; trying to get me to break so he could find out what was really going on.

Today was no different than the other days. He was sitting in the chair across the room from Jimmy and I, watching both of us intently and glaring the entire time. Morgan wasn't with him. He said that she had gone out with her girlfriends for the day so that left him with nothing to do but come here. I honestly didn't care. Lately, she and I have been having a hard time holding our tongues when we were around each other.

"Ha, ha, fuck you Johnny," Zacky laughed with no humor.

"Sorry but that's what I've got Danni for," he winked.

"Seriously! Over share!" I called out, covering my ears.

"Oh you know you're used to it by now!" Danni laughed. "Uh! Take that Gates!"

"Fuck, I can't believe I'm losing to a girl!" he whined.

"And I thought you could keep up," Val teased.

"He shouldn't have written a check that his pretty butt couldn't cash," I giggled.

"Hey! No talking about his ass! That belongs to me," Sas grinned.

"Possessive much?" Jimmy teased.

"So is there a general plan for tonight or are we gonna break off and do our own thing?" Danni asked as she swayed to the music while playing her guitar.

"Well, Val and I are going to her parents' again so count us out," Matt said.

"I don't wanna go out tonight," Sas said. "I just wanna go take a nice long nap!"

"You're just so excited about that nap, aren't you?" I laughed.

"Well, I need like all the sleep I can get," she winked.

"Dear God, no more sex comments!" I laughed, pretending to pray.

I felt Jimmy rubbing my arm, causing me to look into those pretty blue eyes of his. He gently smiled at me and leaned in closely, his lips right near my ear.

"Do you wanna go out with me tonight?" he whispered quietly, causing me to grin.

"Like a date?" I questioned as he nodded. "Why Mr. Sullivan! Of course I would!"

"Good. I feel like taking you out to dinner," he grinned.

"Is it some kind of fancy thing that I have to dress up for?" I asked, giving him a questioning look.

"Nope. You don't have to like wear a dress or anything," he said. "God forbid you actually decide to dress like a girl."

I lightly punched his arm and giggled, "Jerk."

He laughed at me and kissed me quickly before we settled into each other once again, watching as Danni kicked Brian's ass at 'Rebel Yell'. Val glanced at me with a raised eyebrow, asking for more information about what Jimmy and I were talking about. I winked and she just rolled her eyes, assuming I was talking about dirty things.

"Well, I gotta go see my mom for a bit but I'll be back later to pick you up," Jimmy said, leaning in to give me a kiss.

"Alright. I'll see you later," I smiled.

"Later Rev!" Johnny waved.

"See you guys later," he laughed, walking to the front door.

I got up from my spot on the couch and walked into the kitchen, looking for something to drink. I wound up grabbing a water and shut the door. I jumped up onto the counter top, taking a swig of my water, and just trying to have a moment to myself before rejoining my group of friends. I felt a small smile on my face when I thought back to my conversation with Jimmy before.

Val walked into the kitchen, leaning against the entryway with her arms folded over her chest and staring at me curiously.

"What was that whole thing between you and Jimmy just then?" she asked.

"What?" I asked, taking another sip of water.

"I'm just curious as to what you two were talking about is all. It's been a long time since I've seen you happy with someone," she smiled.

"I've been happy before," I argued.

"Not like you are with Jimmy. This is one of the first times I've seen you happy since high school. I know that it was rough dealing with falling for your best friend and everything but I'm glad that you're finally getting out there and allowing yourself some happiness," she said, slowly approaching me.

"Thanks Val. I appreciate that," I said, setting my water bottle aside.

"Do you think it'll get serious between you two?" she questioned.

"Maybe. I'm not sure. It's too early to tell yet, especially since we're just trying to get over past pain but we're trying to make it work," I shrugged. "I kinda hope we can."

"What were you two talking about anyway?" she smiled.

"He just asked me out to dinner tonight," I shrugged. "It was cute. He seemed a little nervous."

"Jimmy's always been the shy romantic. Who knew that the crazy drummer would be such a softie in the end?" she chuckled.

"Oh I know. It's kinda hard to believe sometimes. I'm usually expecting him to do something crazy with Brian like they used to back in high school," I replied.

"Oh they still get pretty damn crazy but most of that stuff happens when we're touring," she said, grabbing a water for herself.

"Maybe I'll join you one of these next times," I said. "Even though you bastards were supposed to take me to Japan," I added with a mock glare.

"Gomen nasai," she laughed teasingly.

"Ah! Don’t apologize to me jerk! Especially in Japanese," I pouted.

"Maybe Jimmy will take you to Japan for a vacation one day. I'll have to suggest it to him if talks of a wedding comes up between you two," she said, bumping her hip into my thigh.

"You're a piece of work, you know that?" I laughed, hopping off the counter.

"Matt reminds me every day," she said, rolling her eyes. "So, what time are you going tonight?"

"No clue. Jimmy said he would pick me up after he's done visiting his mommy," I shrugged.

I looked over to the doorway and thought I saw someone standing there but shook myself of the though, thinking I had lost my marbles momentarily.

"That's just so cute," she said, poking me as we walked back into the living room. "I'm glad you've got a little date tonight."

"Date, wha?" Danni asked, eyes still concentrating on hitting the right notes to 'Purple Haze'.

"Our little London's all grown up! She's going out on a date with Rev tonight," Val gushed, pinching my cheek.

"Gah! Knock it off!" I protested, swatting her hand away.

"You say that like she's never been on a date before," Brian laughed, now sitting on the couch.

"I just like embarrassing her. She makes it so easy," Val winked, walking back to her spot near Matt.

"Ugh, you guys are just meanies. I'm going to my room," I laughed, shaking my head.

I walked down the hall and shut the door behind me. I flopped onto my bed and found the remote for my stereo. I turned it on and heard The Sounds blaring loudly from the speakers as I smiled a bit.

Suddenly, it hit me that I was going out with Jimmy tonight, on a real date like normal couples did. I felt a little giddy at the aspect of a date, especially since it's been so long since my last real date with a guy. I looked down at my clothes and realized that I didn't want to go out looking like this. I wanted to look a little more presentable, since I was sure Jimmy would probably clean himself up too.

I rolled off the bed and started stripping off my clothes, walking into the bathroom in my bra and boy shorts to start the shower. I turned the water on, letting it get hot as I took off the remaining undergarments I had on and stepped in, letting the warm water fall over me.

I couldn't really explain the feeling I was experiencing at the moment but it was making me hyper and bouncy all at once. I sang along to the music loudly as I washed my hair and body. I was anxious now that Jimmy and I were going out. I wasn't sure what this meant for the two of us, especially since the lines were definitely blurred with our relationship still. It was unclear if we were still together as part of the original plan or if we had fallen into something more. Though I was leaning more towards falling into something more than we had intended, I still felt some pull to Zacky that was unexplainable. I still wanted to be with him as well, though I knew that it would never happen. There was still this little piece of my heart that would always hold a soft spot for Zachary James Baker, whether he deserved it or not.

After fifteen minutes and four songs into the CD, I shut the water off and stepped out of the shower, wrapping a large fluffy towel around my naked body. I found another towel and placed it over my head, rubbing it around in order to dry my hair a bit as I continued singing loudly.

"We'll be the same tomorrow cuz we've all been painted by numbers. We're dancing as we borrow. You said it was love. I said I'd like you to be mine!" I sang loudly, walking towards my closet, towel still over head.

"This is cute. Is this your regular shower routine?" a familiar voice said, making me jump.

"Jesus fuck!" I screamed, tightening the white towel around my body insecurely. I turned around and found Zacky lying in my bed, hands folded underneath his head and watching me curiously. "Zacky! What the fuck? You scared me!" I scolded.

"Sorry," he grinned, staring at my body.

"So, is there a reason you've barged into my room while I'm obviously showering?" I questioned, feeling uncomfortable about the present situation.

"I was bored out there watching Danni stomp everyone's ass at that fucking game," he said through a laugh. "So I decided to come in and check on you but you were in the shower so I decided to wait for you here," he added, patting the mattress underneath him.

"Well, do you mind at least turning around? I kinda need to get changed," I said, swallowing hard.

"Now why would I want to miss out on a chance to see such a beautiful girl like you naked?" he winked, smirking at me.

"Oh fuck it," I sighed, turning back to my closet and grabbing a pair of boy shorts.

I slipped them on underneath the towel. I was still facing the closet doors when I dropped my towel to the floor before slipping on my black and white lace bra. I felt rather uneasy about standing there in my underwear in front of Zacky, though he's seen me in less before. I guess I was just still trying my best not to give into my sexual attraction that had been nagging away at me for years.

"So, I heard you have a date with Jimmy tonight?" he said, stepping behind me.

"Yep. He's taking me out to dinner," I said, smiling at the thought.

"Where to?" he questioned as I grabbed a pair of skinny jeans.

"No clue. No where too fancy though," I shrugged, slipping on my pants.

"Why not? Jimmy not willing to drop that kinda dough on a dinner date?" he asked in an amused tone.

I scoffed, "Yeah right. I'm sure Jimmy would be fine with big and fancy but I hate extravagance. You should know that by now. I hate getting all dressed up when I can just go to my favorite hole-in-the-wall places and feel completely comfortable," I explained, looking for some kind of shirt to wear.

Zacky didn't say anything. I glanced over my shoulder to check and see if he was still standing behind me but he was sitting on the foot of my bed, staring at his fidgety hands in his lap. He seemed a little down about something but I wasn't sure what it could be. I decided to just turn back to looking for something to wear tonight and leave him be.

I found a black tank top and decided to throw that on as well as a blue and green plaid short-sleeve button-up, unbuttoned at the top a bit to reveal my cleavage. I realized that I looked a little scene but disregarded the thought as soon as it popped into my head. Danni would definitely bust my balls for it but I didn't care. It was comfortable.

I whizzed right by him and into the bathroom to finish getting ready. I realized that Danni was still holding my hairdryer hostage so I just brushed out my damp hair and added some product to it to give it more volume when it dried. I fluffed it up a bit with my fingers and laid the bangs over my right eye, like I usually did. I found a blue bow tie clip and clipped it to the left side, satisfied with my hair for the moment.

I applied the usual black eyeliner and mascara and decided that since I was wearing blue and green, I would wear both colors of the eye shadow. I applied the green first, stopping at about half way on my eyelid and then applied the blue. I grabbed an applicator brush and started blending so the colors would look like they faded. I smiled at the end result, noticing how much my violet eyes stood out against the harsh, bold colors.

I walked back into my bedroom, seeing Zacky rifle through the different CDs in my collection as I took a seat at the end of the bed.

"You listen to a lot of random shit," he commented, breaking the long silence between us.

"Yeah I know. Unlike you kids who only listen to metal and punk, I tend to branch out and listen to a lot of different stuff," I teased.

"Hey! I listen to other music," he said in defense.

"Hardly. I already know what's in your CD player in your car out there," I grinned.

"Really now? What's that then?" he challenged, folding his arms over his chest with a cocky grin.

"Misfits, hands down," I replied, watching his smile turn into a frown.

"Lucky guess," I grumbled.

"Just keep telling yourself that Zack. You're just so damn predictable," I laughed.

He took a seat next to me on the bed and sighed. I looked at him curiously, wondering what he was thinking. In this moment, I felt like making some kind of physical contact with him as to comfort him but didn't feel so safe in doing so. I was afraid that if I did something, it would wind up in me attacking his lips with my own.

I took a silent, deep breath and placed an apprehensive hand on his shoulder, as a comforting gesture when he looked up at me, his eyes laced with some new kind of emotion I hadn't seen before. It seemed like regret but I couldn't be sure.

"You smell good," he muttered quietly, almost sounding shy in his admission.

"Thanks," I laughed a bit. "You too?"

He laughed awkwardly and we fell into another awkward silence. I still held my hand on his shoulder, waiting for something else to be said but there was nothing. I was beginning to wonder if our friendship had completely gone out the window at this point. It was just beginning to morph into this new, unknown, awkward mess that I didn't like in the least.

"You know, I feel better just being around you like this," he said with a shy smile.

"What're friends for?" I said, forcing a smile and ignoring the tugging pain in my heart.

He looked a little hurt by that last statement but I shook it off, thinking that I was only seeing what I wanted to see. He nodded, forcing a tiny smile and standing up from his spot on the bed. He seemed vulnerable somehow, though I wasn't sure. Zacky never made himself appear vulnerable in all the time that I knew him.

"Shall we join then out there?" he asked.

I felt a little confused by the awkwardness between us in the last fifteen minutes so I decided that I needed to be around everyone else to loosen up a bit. I nodded and got up, flipping the stereo off as we exited the room. Zacky walked ahead of me a bit, getting to the living room first.

"London! You need to get your sexy ass on drums!" Val said, holding the guitar controller.
I laughed, "Alright," I nodded.

I walked over to the drum kit that was already set up and ready for me. I took a seat on the stool and grabbed the drumsticks off the ground. Danni had the other guitar controller in hand and stood near Val, both of them smiling.

"What are we playing?" Danni asked.

"Muse!" I cheered gleefully.

"How'd I know you'd want that?" Danni said, rolling her eyes.

"Who's singing?" I questioned, looking around for a vocalist.

"No one," Val shrugged.

"No one wants to sing," Johnny laughed.

"Fuck that! If someone holds the microphone for me, I'll do both!" I laughed.

"Someone's just trying to be a sav then, aren't they?" Brian laughed.

"C'mon! I can do it! I know the words perfectly so it should be no problem!" I smiled.

"Fine, I'll hold it for you," Johnny said, grabbing the microphone and pulling his chair closer to me. "Just don't hit me in the face with your drumming."

"I'm not making any promises," I laughed.

We continued playing for a few songs, everyone switching up instruments. I avoided the guitars at all costs and stuck with drumming or singing, since I was an expert at both. I proved to everyone that I was capable of drumming and singing at the same time, as long as it was a song I knew. They seemed impressed, which made me laugh.

I was in the middle of singing the Spanish words to the Mars Volta song when Jimmy walked in, dressed in dark jeans and a black polo shirt. He obviously changed before coming over, which was exactly what I predicted.

Jimmy walked up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and kissed the top of my head as I continued singing.

"You know, it's sexy when you sing in Spanish," he said lowly, causing me to giggle a bit through the lyrics.

"Hey! No distracting our vocalist! If we don't get a high score, I'm blaming you Sullivan," Brian laughed, continuing his attempt at playing the drums.

"Fine. I'll just stand here quietly until you're done," he replied, holding me a little tighter.

He swayed with me from side to side as I sang quietly into the mic. When it was time for the long solo at the end, I snuck in kisses whenever I could before going back to singing the one or two words I had. Finally the song ended and I handed the mic off to Val, who was sitting on the couch watching.

"Seriously, the Spanish is a turn on," Jimmy murmured into my ear quietly.

I giggled a bit, looking up at him with a small smile and kissed his cheek. I briefly caught Zacky's eye, noticing his gaze on me. I bit my lip and tried to tear my own eyes away but felt as if he was trying to draw me in with his sadness that seemed so evident in his eyes. I looked away from him finally; back up to Jimmy's electric blue ones.

"You ready to go?" he asked with a tiny smile.

I nodded and we waved everyone else off. We headed out to his car, Jimmy opening the door for me before getting in himself, and pulled out of the driveway. We drove in comfortable silence, his fingers entwined with mine in the center of the seats as metal music played quietly in the background. This was the kind of silence I didn't mind. Lately with Zacky, our silences were awkward but with Jimmy, I was completely content. We never really had to have much conversation because we were pretty understanding about each other's feelings. It was just the kind of friendship we had before this whole relationship thing took off.

"So, where are we going for dinner?" I asked, turning my head to look at him.

"I was thinking we could go to your favorite sushi bar," he smiled, glancing at me quickly before looking back through the windshield.

"Mmm! Sushi! Yay!" I cheered.

"I guess I know how to get on your good side then," he chuckled.

"Definitely! I love sushi."

"I remember. Was that the reason you wanted to go to Japan with us?"

"Partly. I love Japanese culture. It's so vastly different from ours so I wanna experience that one time. When I'm not doing that, I wanna stuff my face with yummy sushi," I laughed.

"I'll be sure to remember that the next time we decide to trek out to Japan. "

We pulled up to the little Japanese restaurant and got out of the car, Jimmy opening my door for me. It was slightly humorous to see Jimmy acting completely chivalrous now when not too long ago, I was just another one of the guys. It was a nice change to be treated kindly.

This particular sushi bar was always crowded on Friday nights but I didn't really mind it. I loved their sashimi so the fact that Jimmy even remembered that sushi was my favorite meant a lot. I guess he wanted to do something special for me tonight.

We were seated, looking over the menus in silence as I decided on what I wanted. I set my menu aside and studied Jimmy's face while he looked over the menu. I smiled a little, noticing his eyebrows furrow a bit on his forehead as he concentrated on the menu.

"You know, it's rude to stare," he said from behind his menu. "But I'm just that sexy so I'll let it slide. You just can't help yourself," he chuckled.

"Arrogant motherfucker," I smiled.

"You like it when I'm cocky. It gives you reason to call me names," he replied.

"I just like to remind you that you're not just the famous drummer of an amazing band," I shrugged.

"I know. I appreciate that you never really changed your opinion of me after we got big," he smiled sincerely.

"What? Did you think I would become a gold-digging whore or something?" I laughed.

"No. I wasn't sure what to think. A lot of people we used to know started using us after we took off, you know?"

"I remember," I nodded.

"Kinda just shows who your real friends are at the end of the day. I'm glad that you were one of them," he smiled.

"You never know. Maybe I'm just using you to get to Japan!" I laughed.

"I fucking knew it!" he laughed, shaking his head. "I always knew you had ulterior motives."

"What can I say? I'm just a greedy little leech," I shrugged.

"Not that I mind it. I'm pretty sure you're the hottest leech I know," he grinned.

"Now I know you're lying!"

He leaned across the table, eyes never leaving mine as our faces were centimeters apart and whispered, "You know I'm not."

I blushed and leaned in the rest of the way, capturing his lips with my own briefly. As much as I wanted that kiss to last, I reminded myself that we were in public and I hated subjecting people to PDAs so I pulled away, biting my lower lip and looking at him.

"Damn, you're giving me that innocent face," he chuckled lightly.

The waiter appeared at our table, quickly taking our order and shuffling back to the bar. I leaned back in my chair comfortably, taking a look around the restaurant and smiling a bit. This was the perfect dinner so far. I was glad that Jimmy and I were relaxed enough with each other to just sit comfortably without conversation. Not once did I think of Zacky, which made me smile even more. He wasn't even a concern of mine tonight. Tonight was about Jimmy and me.

"Fuck," Jimmy muttered under his breath, seeming annoyed all of a sudden.

"What's up Chuck?" I laughed.

"Zacky," he replied shortly.

I frowned a bit, looking at him with my head cocked to the right a little.

"What about him?" I asked.

"Hey guys," Zacky said, now standing next to our table with a very disgruntled looking Morgan on his arm. "Fancy seeing you here."

"What're you doing here?" I asked, feeling a slight pain as I looked at the two of them.

"Zacky decided that he wanted to take me out to dinner," Morgan replied, not being very subtle about looking at Jimmy.

"Ahh, I see," I nodded.

"Just wanted to stop by and say hi. We don't want to ruin your date," Zacky said, pulling Morgan towards their table, which happened to be two away from ours.

"Well, that's a boner killer," I laughed awkwardly.

"Babe, you don't even have one!" Jimmy laughed hysterically.

"Maybe I do. You just don't know about it!" I argued playfully, trying to rid the awkwardness.

"Oh I know. I've seen every inch of that body and let me tell you, it's amazing," he winked.

I blushed a bit, "You're just such a boy."

"And you're a girl! No boner for you," he laughed.

The waiter returned with a bottle of sparkling sake and two cups, looking at the two of us awkwardly from our conversation. He quickly walked away, which made me laugh at his uneasiness.

"Well, fill 'er up!" I demanded, holding out my cup for him.

"Hold on woman! Damn," he laughed, grabbing the sake bottle and filling my cup before his own. He glanced to the right of the table before looking back to me, "They're watching us you know,"

"Does it bother you that they're here?" I asked honestly.

"Not so much," he shrugged nonchalantly. "You?"

"Meh," I shrugged in reply.

I was a little bothered that Zacky was there with Morgan while Jimmy and I were trying to have a nice dinner away from those distractions. It still pained me to see them together but I kept that to myself since I didn't want to bring it up with Jimmy. He never really brought up his own feelings about the situation so I wasn't sure what he was thinking. It was just one confusing situation I wanted to end.

"I'm sorry," he said quietly.

"For why?" I laughed, taking a drink.

"I dunno. I guess they just kinda crashed our private party," he said, glaring a bit towards Zacky's table.

I followed his gaze, seeing that Zacky had a satisfied grin on his face, looking slightly menacing as he continued staring Jimmy down. I sighed, looking away from the table and back to Jimmy who was watching me with an unreadable expression on his face.

"Forget them. You and I are gonna sit here, drink some sake and enjoy the sushi!" I smiled, holding up my glass for a toast.

"If you say to Shortcake," he laughed, clinking his glass with mine.

Dinner carried on with Jimmy and me drinking a lot more sake that we thought we would drink and eating the wonderful sushi. We had a few laughs here and there but were always keeping a watchful eye on the table two over from ours, watching Zacky and Morgan as they made out a bit and inappropriately groped each other. It was awkward seeing them here. I didn't think Zacky was a big fan of sushi. He never wanted to come here with me before but now that I saw him here, I wasn't sure what to think of the situation.

I figured the best way to rid myself of the confusion would be to drink more sake.

"Did you know that Benjamin Franklin was like, the best uncle I've ever had?" I laughed, slurring my words together a bit.

"Damn Pikachu! You're drunk after a little bit of sake. I'm impressed," Jimmy laughed.

"Little my ass! We had like two sake bombs and five glasses of straight sake! I've been drinking a lot!" I laughed.

"Correction, you had two sake bombs. You stole mine, remember?" jimmy laughed.

"Oh yeah. Well, it was mine! I deserved the yummy goodness!" I giggled.

"I think it's time to get you home girlie," he laughed.

"Fine! Take me home," I cheered, clapping my hands together.

Jimmy had already paid for the meal a while ago while I finished off the rest of the sake. He got up and grabbed a hold of my arms, pulling me up to my feet. I wobbled a bit, feeling a little dizzy in the head as he wrapped an arm around my waist. I smiled widely at him as he started leading me out of the restaurant.

"Who knew that you enjoyed sake that much?" I heard Zacky's voice laugh from behind me.

"Sake is amazing!" I laughed. "Sake, sake, sake! All night long! Sake!" I cheered.

"Not anymore. Now it's bed time!" Jimmy laughed, leading me to the car.

"You need any help with her man?" Zacky asked.

"No, I'm fine," Jimmy replied through gritted teeth.

"If you're sure," Zacky said skeptically.

"I can handle her," he said curtly.

"You sure can! Very well," I laughed, sending him a wink as I stumbledover my own feet a bit. Jimmy smirked at me as Zacky glared at him. "Why are you Mr. Pissy Pants?" I asked Zacky.

"I'm perfectly fine," he replied through a forced voice.

"Liar! I know you're not!" I giggled.

"Whatever," he said, rolling his eyes. "Come on Morgan, let's go," he said, putting his arm around her.

I watched the two of them walk away, stopping near the car and kissing fervently. I scoffed in disgust, causing Jimmy to look their direction also. He shook his head with a disappointed look on his face and put me in the car.

I sat in the passenger's seat, resting lazily against the back of the seat and thinking about how this night went from great to confusing in less than no time. I hated that Zacky had to crash the one time that I hadn't thought about him. Jimmy didn't seem too pleased either. He seemed a little disappointed and annoyed at the evening, which made me feel guilty. I knew I was getting drunk to forget my feelings a bit and become the neutral party once again but I still felt an insurmountable guilt eating away at my stomach.

I felt like I was in the middle of a see-saw with the two of them on either end. They kept pushing off the ground, trying to knock me over to their side but I wouldn't budge. I kept swaying one way and then the other. It was awful.

The drive back was short and silent, since I was lost in my drunken haze and Jimmy was irritated. I didn't know what the source of his irritation was but I felt concerned that I was a part of it. I didn't want him to be upset with me. I tried to shake the overwhelming sadness and guilt that was crashing over me but it was hard. I couldn't rid myself of the feelings I held for them.

This whole thing felt really cruel now and in the end, I would have to make a choice but who would it be? What were my options?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone who have commented, read, and subscribed to this story! I feel the love! =]

And I'm sorry! i know I'm a little late with this update (by like two days now.... ) but I'm swaped with finals and what not. I promise that I'll have another one soon to make up for it! Sorry I kept you all waiting.

Enjoy.