House of Jealous Lovers

Calling All Skeletons

Another week had passed and Jimmy and I were successful in our efforts of suppressing the pain we felt in watching Zacky and Morgan together. Instead of harboring those feelings of resentment, we channeled that frustration and heartache into our fake relationship, which was thriving. Every chance we got, we would collaborate on what would drive Morgan and Zacky completely crazy and it worked. They seemed to finally understand that Jimmy and I were serious about each other, which was exactly the reaction we hoped to get from them.

Today, the boys were in the practice studio, messing around with their instruments since they decided to perform a show in LA in the next month or so. Val, Danni, and I decided that we should do an all girls' lunch together to kill some time while the boys worked diligently in the studio.

We were at the local café near the beach, eating our lunch and talking about dinner at Val's parents house that she had to drag Matt to. We had spent the afternoon shopping and talking about nonsense, which felt so good. It had been a while since I had a decent girls' day out. I spent so much time around the boys that little alone time with the girls was required.

"So, where exactly are the boys supposed to be performing?" I asked, taking a bite of my salad.

"House of Blues," Val said with a shrug. "I think they're doing some kind of radio performance or something. Later in the week they've got a photo shoot for Rock Sound as well."

"Do you know how long they're home for?" Danni asked.

"No clue. They're talking with the record company to figure out if they need more touring or if it's time to go back into the studio for another record. It's safe to say that they'll be here until after the radio performance for sure," she replied, munching on a few fries.

"Wow, well aren't you just the vat of information?" I laughed. "Seriously, tell me why you know all this stuff yet you aren't their tour manager anymore?"

"Matt made me stop because I worked too hard. I didn't like the stress," she laughed. "You know that much. You brought me flowers in the hospital the last time I was in the ER," she laughed pointing at me with her fork.

"Well someone needed to. I mean, I could've been like Jimmy and brought you some porn in case you were bored," I laughed.

"Speaking of Jimmy," Danni said knowingly.

"Oh dear God. Is it time for the bombardment of questions?" I sighed.

"Of course! You knew this was gonna happen eventually," Danni laughed.

"Alright well, fire away then," I replied.

"How're things with you two?" Val asked, taking a sip of her water.

"Pretty good you know," I smiled. "We're happy."

"Are you really?" Danni questioned curiously, raising an eyebrow at me.

"What do you mean?" I asked, trying to play dumb.

"Well, we've noticed it's still hard for the both of you to be around Morgan and Zacky," Val began.

"Which is completely understandable since I wanna smack the both of them every time they feel the need to be all over each other in front of others," Danni growled, cutting Val off.

"We were just wondering if it's the right time for the two of you to fall into this relationship, especially when it's obvious that you both still have feelings for them," Val finished.

"Trust me, it still stings a bit to see Zacky," I sighed, thinking about how that was the biggest understatement of the century, "but I'm fine now. I want to be with Jimmy. I actually care about him a lot and I know he feels the same. We're just taking it slow for now, you know, just letting it build up," I explained.

"It just seems so unlike you to rush into a relationship with someone after all those years spent pining away for Zacky," Danni said honestly.

"I just decided that it was time to get myself out there," I shrugged.

"Why Jimmy?" Val asked curiously.

"I'm not sure. It was like one day we were just hanging out as friends and then the next, I could see this whole other part of him that I wanted to know better," I smiled.

"Well, I knew this day would come," Val said matter-of-factly.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"Since high school I've watched you and Jimmy and it seems like you two are the better match than you and Zacky. You guys always do things together, you have your own special nicknames for each other that no one else uses, and it just always seems like you two are in your own private world together," she explained. "I always thought you two would happen in time."

"I have to say, now that I think about it," Danni began, scratching her head a bit, "Jimmy's been a hell of a lot better to you than Zacky has ever been."

"They're both just different," I shrugged.

"Jimmy notices the little things about you that Zacky doesn't," she argued.

"That's not true," I argued.

"He took you to prom when Zacky ditched you for a night out with his asshole drug buddies," Val said.

"He's just a nice guy," I smiled, that memory becoming very clear in my mind. "But Zacky's still my friend, you know? Let's just not compare them anymore."

They dropped the conversation as we finished up our meal. I had a hard time with their constant questions about my choices. I wondered if they were questioning my 'relationship' with Jimmy because they suspected that it was just a hoax or if they were genuinely curious as to why he and I would be together. I had a feeling I would never really know the motives behind their constant state of curiosity. I just blamed it on they were women who loved to meddle.

Before coming up with this scam, I would've told them that they were crazy for thinking that Jimmy was better for me than Zacky. He was just a friend to me, that's all. I was helping him and he was returning the favor so none of what they were saying should even be in my mind right now. I shouldn't even be questioning my answers to their questions. I should just drop it and move on but I couldn't. I was beginning to feel utterly confused about that conversation.

We made it back to the studio, walking in to see the boys playing 'Almost Easy' in a very non-Avenged fashion. They were just sitting around the studio, playing the song calmly as I took a seat on the window sill to watch. After all these years of listening to their music, I still loved sitting around and listening to it over and over again. It never grew old with me. I guess I was stuck with this band for the long haul.

I looked everyone over carefully, watching their individual playing. Even in their practices, they put their dedication and hard work in, which was obvious watching the way each one of them approached playing their specific instrument.

After all these years, I still couldn't believe how fast Brian's fingers glided over his guitar, making it look completely easy to an amateur like me. Matt was just sitting down and seemed completely relaxed while he sang into his mic. Comparing his voice from what it used to sound like in high school to now, there was a definite improvement. Jimmy was pounding away at the drums, completely in concentration on nothing but his kit. He wasn't playing like the wind-up monkey he usually was when he was on stage but he was still very involved with what he was doing. Johnny was just goofing around on his bass, nodding his head along to the song with a smile on his face when his eyes met Danni's.

Zacky was sitting on his amp, playing his guitar with easy. I always liked to watch Zacky play, since it was the one time I saw what his true desire was. As far back as I can remember, whenever Zacky had a guitar in his hands, he was completely content with everything. It was as if he was the only one playing in the room when he held that guitar. He glanced up from the guitar and smiled at me, causing my heart rate to increase.

The boys finished up the song and decided that a break was in order since Danni, Val, and I arrived. Zacky joined me with a water bottle in hand. I smiled and gave him a quick hug as he took a seat next to me on the window sill.

"What'd you think?" Zacky asked me.

"You guys still suck butt," I laughed.

"Damn and here I thought that maybe one day I'd be able to convince you that we were an amazing band," he joked, nudging me a bit.

"In your dreams Baker," I laughed.

I looked and noticed that Jimmy was talking to Brian about something and smiled. Zacky noticed my attention was elsewhere and followed my gaze to Jimmy and Brian. He sighed loudly, causing me to look at him curiously.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I just realized that I haven't spent much time with you this last week," he said sadly.

"Dude, we hung out like the other day," I laughed, remembering movie night.

"No, I mean, just the two of us. It's been a week and a half since we've spent time together alone," he said looking at me.

"I didn't realize it's been that long," I lied.

Of course, I was counting the days. It's been ten days exactly since Zacky and I have done something together where it was just the two of us, mainly because he had been spending most of his time with Morgan. I didn't understand why he was complaining about it since he was always doing his own thing with her. It didn't make any sense to me.

"Well, we'll hang out soon. I promise. You and I will have a day just to ourselves," I smiled.

"Jimmy won't mind?" he questioned with a slight edge to it.

"Why would Jimmy mind?" I retorted.

"I dunno. It just seems that you two are inseparable is all," he shrugged carelessly.

"We aren't joined at the hip. I still do things without him," I said.

"Just not with me," he grumbled.

"Zacky, you're always with Morgan. When am I supposed to spend time with you?" I questioned, feeling a little frustrated.

"It's never stopped you before," he said.

I was starting to get aggravated by this conversation since he was putting the blame on me. It suddenly hit me that he expected me to wait around for him while he was off with Morgan. Now that I was 'with' Jimmy, a lot of my time was spent hanging out with him. The focus wasn't on Zacky anymore. I never noticed that Zacky needed that much of my attention all the time. If he was spending time with Morgan while I was still 'single' then he wouldn't be bothered but now that Jimmy's taking away the attention from Zacky, he's all pissy and upset. This realization was something that frustrated me.

"Alright, this conversation's irritating my soul right now so when you think you can stop acting so childish, I'll be ready to talk to you again," I said, swiftly standing from my spot next to him and walking away.

Zacky seemed astonished by my actions, unsure if he should say something now or later when I was cooled off a bit. I didn't give him a chance to apologize. I just walked right over to Jimmy and Brian instead.

"Heya boys," I said, forcing a smile.

"You alright London? You seem like you're pissed off or something," Brian said, taking note of my tense body language.

"I'm fine," I said, loosening up my shoulders. "Trust me."

Jimmy wrapped an arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer to him as my arm automatically went around his waist. I glanced up at him and gave him the cheesiest smile I could muster to prove that I felt fine, which only caused him to laugh at me.

"Dude, you look fucking creepy," Brian laughed.

"Ah, you like it," I said to him.

"Well, I do, even if you do look truly disturbing," Jimmy laughed.

I scoffed in offense, "You think my smile is disturbing?" I asked, pouting at him.

"Yes but I still like it," he said, kissing my cheek.

"That's right. Kiss her ass so she doesn't throw you in the doghouse," Brian teased.

"Fuck you dude," Jimmy said flipping him off.

"London!" Danni called.

"What?" I yelled back, turning slightly to look at her.

"Dancing tonight?"

"Oh hell to the yeah motherfucker!"

"Sweet! Alright, that's all I wanted to know."

"Danni! You're one sexy bitch, just for your information!"

"And you're still not getting into my pants!" she laughed, turning back to Val and Matt.

"Well shit," I muttered loudly.

"Why do you wanna get into Danni's pants so badly?" Jimmy asked.

"Who doesn't wanna get into Danni's pants?" I replied.

"Why Danni when you have this tall fucker next to you?" Brian winked.

"There's no challenge there. All I have to do is say, 'Jimmy, I'm gonna get into your pants' and he wouldn't complain. Besides, he's obligated to let me into his pants. Danni is a challenge because it takes convincing. I'm just waiting for the day she says yes to me," I sighed in a dream-like fashion.

"And if she says yes, are you gonna actually get into her pants?" Jimmy asked.

"Nope. I just want her to say yes," I laughed.

"Your logic is mind-boggling," Brian said, shaking his head.

"You're just jealous because if I were to get into her pants, you wouldn't be invited to watch," I smiled.

"Fuck watching! I wanna participate," he grinned.

"Too bad you won't cuz you're not cool enough to see something like that in your lifetime," I replied.

"Am I cool enough?" Jimmy asked.

"Maybe," I said. "Depends on if you get me a cookie or not."

"You two are ridiculous," Brian said, shaking his head and wandering away from the group.

"I love him," I laughed, looking up to Jimmy with a smile.

"So, I saw you talking to Zacky," he said knowingly. "How'd that go?"

"He's pissed because all of my attention isn't on him anymore," I replied with a sigh.

"Yeah, he was always kind of an attention whore," Jimmy said. "So, do you think he's any closer to realizing his feelings?"

"Probably not. Zacky wouldn't know love if it jumped up and bit him on the ass," I scoffed.

"Except he's convinced that he's in love with Morgan," he said bitterly.

"Yes, there's that exception. Well, all I know is that he's not cuz this is how it was when he tried being in a relationship with Stephie Jansen, you remember?"

"Oh yeah. They dated for like three weeks until he fucked Courtney Reese."

"Sounds about right. But anyway, when he was with her, he was claiming all this bullshit about his feelings and whatnot and then what does he do?"

"Fucks Courtney Reese in the locker rooms after school."

"Exactly. This is typical Zacky. He'll realize that this relationship's a colossal mistake and end it. I guess in a way, we're just speeding up the process a bit by making him jealous," I laughed.

"I just don't understand why he had to wreck my relationship in order to get this out of his system," Jimmy grumbled bitterly.

"I'm sorry Scarecrow. I'm sure things will work to your favor," I smiled, giving him a hug. "Now, you're going dancing with us tonight, right?"

"There's a bar there right?" he grinned.

"Of course! What's dancing without getting drunk?"

"Then of course I'll be there babe. Besides, I'm sure we'll have more opportunity to flaunt our 'relationship' around," he laughed, speaking quietly so no one else could hear him.

"Sweet!" I smiled. "Let's go talk to Val about where we're going tonight," I said, taking his hand and leading him towards the group.

"Alright, so I was thinking of Mercury tonight," Danni said.

"Sounds fine to me," Matt shrugged.

"As long as there's alcohol involved, I'm down," Brian smiled.

"Are you going Zack?" Danni asked.

"Sure why not?" he shrugged. He glanced at me for a brief moment before looking back to Danni. "I'll see if Morgan wants to go."

"Oh joy," Danni said unenthusiastically.

Zacky looked back to me, smirking. He knew that Morgan and I didn't get along very well yet he still insisted on bringing her around me all the time. He probably thinks this is payback for abandoning him for Jimmy. If he only knew that this whole thing was to get him to notice that I'm not expendable. I'm not just another one of Zacky's whores that he can walk all over. I wasn't willing to wait around for him forever. He needed to know that I was at my last nerve.

The group carried on talking about the plans for tonight, which I completely missed out on with my current thoughts centered around the person I loved yet hated so much with every ounce of my being. Jimmy seemed to notice my uneasiness and gave my hand a reassuring squeeze, causing me to glance his direction. He had a smile on his face which turned infectious as it caused me to smile back at his kindness.

If it weren't for Jimmy, I'm pretty sure he and I would be going completely insane at this point.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone for the comments.
=]

You guys are the ones seriously fueling the story further with all your feedback.
There will be more maybe Thursday... I have to take a break for school work to get done!
Finals are soon so there when I have the time, I promise I'll be posting more.

I'm just gonna shoot for Thursday, yeah?
Next update: dancing at Mercury.
Just a bit of insider info for you.
=]

Enjoy.