Pain Without Love, What Else Is There?

What Causes Illness

"Adora?" Djaq called as I wiped the corner of my mouth.
"What?"
"Everyone's worried about you?"
"I'm fine," I gave her a light smile.
"You don't look fine."
"I am."
Djaq watched me for a second as I shrugged, "I think you need to go see Matilda."
"That crazy lady?" I laughed, "What would she know?"
"More about if you're with child or not than I would," Djaq looked at me as I stopped to glare slightly.
"I'm not with child."
"Then prove me wrong and go see Matilda."
"If it makes you happy," I grumbled as I pushed past her as I heard her follow behind me.

Minutes later, I was sitting in Matilda's house as she ran these "tests" on me, asking me questions about who I've been to bed with or if I have and everything I found them annoying but answered each one honestly. Finally after she was done feeling my stomach, she went to rinse her hands but didn't say anything.

"So?" I asked as I sat up fixing my clothes, "What's wrong with me?"
"Well," She smiled as she turned around to face me, "You haven't been poisoned and you aren't sick."
"Then what is it?" I asked as I looked at her as the smile on her face grew wider.
"You're with child, sweetheart."
My mind stopped as my mouth dropped open to look at her, "What? There's got to be some mistake."
"No, no mistake," She smiled, "Maybe not very far, a month give or take a few days."
"A month?" I questioned as she nodded with a smile, "Congratulations."
"Um, thanks," I shrugged as I went to leave when she stopped me, "Who's is it?"
"Why?"
"It's Robin's isn't it?" She smirked, "I knew you were more than just the friend he introduced you as ."
"Maybe," I shrugged with a smile as I walked out of the room to where Djaq was waiting.

"So? Did you find out anything?"
"Yes,"I rolled my eyes in annoyance, "Let's just go."
"Adora what's wrong?"
"Nothing, just forget about it and don't say anything to anyone about this," I gave her a look as I hoped she'd keep her word.

Heading back to the town, the plans to go in as a Black Knight were already in play, only Robin didn't know that I had Marian sneak me in to watch his back. There were just some things I knew he needed extra help in, which is why I turned to Marian who was turning out to be more of a help now.

"Adora, I'm sorry about your brother," She mentioned as she helped me change clothes in her room.
"It's not your fault," I shrugged.
"You just have no one left."
"I've got Robin and the gang."
"I'm happy for you," Marian smiled, "I'm happy for the both of you."
"Who?"
"You and Robin," She smiled, "You two were destined to be together, more than we were."
"But you loved him?" I asked as I turned to face her.
"I did," She nodded with a smile, "But sometimes you got to know when to let go."
"I don't want to lose him Marian," I gave her a worried look as she hugged me.
"You wont," She whispered as she backed away from me, "Be careful."
"I will," I smirked as I headed where the Black Knights were meeting.