Pain Without Love, What Else Is There?

Tragedy

Running straight towards Roland's house, people were starting to put out the fire that was coming from the house as I joined in when I noticed something. I couldn't find Roland or his family anywhere. Sure there was his son, Gabriel, and his daughter, Laina but I couldn't find Mira or Roland anywhere. Setting down the bucket, I made my choice to go into the building as it was on fire to find them.

"Adora!"Much called out to me as he seen me run towards the house but it was too late, I still knew he was going to get Robin since well he should anyways.

Feeling the heat of the building and the smoke fill my lungs, I coughed but covered my mouth as I went to look for them through the house.

"Roland! Mira!"I called out but didn't hear anything until I heard someone yell for help,"Mira!"
"Adora!"Mira called out and her leg was trapped by a beam,"Oh thank you."
"Come on,"I moved the beam as I helped her up,"Where's Roland?"
"I don't know,"She coughed as I tore part of my dress and pressed the cloth to her face,"Don't breath the air."

Pulling her out of the building, I sat her down next to Will and Djaq and I caught my breath.
"Roland's still in there,"I coughed.
"Adora, no, it's too dangerous,"Will protested as I looked at him.
"He'd do the same for me,"I looked at him as I stood up,"Make sure she's ok and take her to her kids."
"Adora-"Will called after me as I went back into the building.

"Roland!"I called out over the sound of the flames and falling debris over my head,"Roland?"
"Adora,"I heard a weak cough call from the back of the house,"It was the sheriff's men."
"Come on, let's get you out of here,"I went to help him but he was weak.
"No,"He coughed,"I can't. I'm too weak."
"I'll help you,"I looked at him,"Come on, we need to get out of here."
"Adora,"He smiled at me lightly,"It's my time."
"No, don't talk like that,"I could feel my heart sink,"I'll drag you out if I have to."
"I'm proud of you,"He smiled at me,"Even though I'm not your real dad, I'm proud of you."
"Roland,"I knelt down to him as I took his hand.

"Adora!"I heard Robin call through the house when he finally spotted me,"Come on, we need to go."
"We can't leave Roland,"I looked at Robin as he helped to clear things off him.
"Stop,"Roland protested as we both looked at him,"I've done what I had to in this world."
"No,"I looked at Roland.
"Make sure my family knows I didn't give up,"Roland smiled at me,"And make sure they leave this town."
"I will,"I held back tears but nodded at him.
Roland looked at Robin with a smile on his face,"Take care of her."
"I will,"Robin gave him a smile.
"No,"I helped him up from the ground,"You're not dying like this."
"Adora, stop being stubborn,"Roland laughed,"You need to leave."

Hearing the roof start to crack, we looked up and Roland pushed me and Robin out of the way as Robin pulled me out of the collasping house. We stood in the back of the house as I watched the house fall and turned into Robin's chest as he caught his breath and watched the fire slowly start to die.

After the remains of the house were put out, Robin took my hand and lead me back to where everyone else was standing at. Much seen Robin first and his eyes lit up then he noticed me as well. I looked over to Mira and seen that she was wrapped in a blanket with Gabriel and Laina around her. She looked over at me as to ask if he was gone without saying anything When I nodded, I seen her tears fall from her eyes as I stood with the gang.

"Mira said it was the sheriff and his men who did this,"Much looked between us.
"It was,"I stated plainlly
"Roland?"asked Allan.
"No,"I shook my head as Robin supported my weight as they all hung their heads.

"We'll be back in the morning,"I heard Robin tell Mira as I stood in the shadows with Will, Djaq, and Allan as we waited for Robin to come back.

Once back at the camp, our fire was slowly starting to die down and everyone looked exhausted.
"I'm sorry for your loss,"Djaq looked at me with a faint smile.
"It's not your fault,"I looked at her.
"Are you going to be ok?"
"For now,"I nodded at her as she touched my shoulder lightly then headed to bed.

As I climbed into my bed, I couldn't sleep but I could hear everyone else sleeping. I looked towards Robin's bed to which my eyes caught his for a brief second. I don't know why but I found myself climbing out of bed and walking over to his and then for some reason, he moved over so I could climb into his bed with him.