Your Not Alone; I'm Here With You

Chapter 1

We were running so fast causing me to gasp for air, but we couldn’t slow down. If we were to slow down we’d be done. We wouldn’t let ourselves get caught, and taken away by those monsters.
I didn’t know much about them, just that they definitely weren’t human. My friend, running next to me, however, knew all about them. Hopefully if we can evade them long enough she can give me some answers. For now though I’ll have to stick to that and just run. I was not going to let them get us.
Their footsteps echoed in the hall behind us as we ran. Looking forward their was a door at the end of the hallway and a turn to the left. We would try the door first. As we reached it I pushed the bar to open it, but it didn’t budge. Without a second thought both my friend Diana and me turned down the hall. There were some barrels down the hallway that I jumped over successfully, but Diana tripped and was sent sprawling to the floor. I turned back to her, to see a creature jump at her and stab her side with its teeth.
I screamed, causing the beast to turn to me, and then froze as I realized what I did. Looking around for help I saw a pole, used for setting up waiting lines, stood to my left. I quickly grabbed it and swung at the creature making a hard hit to its head. The blow didn’t seem to hurt him much, but stunned him long enough for me to get to Diana. I helped her limp into a wider room beyond some old wooden crates.
“They can’t go into the light.” My friend began taking a large breath as the wound in her side stole her energy.
“When you get out of here run to the forest. I set up a brightly lit camp in the opening; they can’t cross it. Run fast though, they can still get you before you reach the light.”
“Me?” I asked in disbelief. She can’t die, she can’t. I continued, “You’re coming too.”
“No, I’m not.” She took a gasp of air and I could see how weak she was.
“Yes you are!” I yelled, losing sight of the fact that those monsters were still out there.
“No…they’re coming…now go.” She closed her eyes and lay down, “P-please.” The shallow movement of her chest stopped.
I stood, while holding back tears, hearing their approach and darted the opposite way. I ran through the maze of boxes, that made it clear this building was once a warehouse of some kind. I made my way to a blue door hoping it led outside and pushed the metal bar. It slowly creaked open revealing the midnight blue sky.
I fled from the decrepit brick building, trying my best to get away. I could hear their footsteps on the crumbling pavement behind me, pushing me on faster.
The forest Diana talked about lay a few feet ahead and I sprinted in its direction. I could feel one’s breath on my neck as I took a sharp turn in the trees to confuse them. What did these things want from me? I weaved in and out of the dense greenery, catching my limbs on branches. They pierced and pulled at my skin causing blood to creep over my arms and legs. Insects haphazardly flew into my mouth, leaving a bitter taste. I could only hear the uneven sound of my heavy breathing now, so I slowed. I turned my head, hearing a snapping twig in the distance. Sweat dripped from my forehead, tainting my lips with its salty flavor. I waited, completely still, ears alert. Nothing. Turning back, I began to walk on. Snap! The ground behind me shifted and I was sprinting through the trees again, off towards a small light in the distance. I could smell the mustiness of the forest weakening as I made it towards the camp. Light! I was safe in the scent of the airy opening.
My new heaven was pretty well sized, like the size of a basketball court, except round. Diana left it well prepared; Bright lighting spread throughout the area and piles of ready to eat meals sat all around. I scanned the surrounding trees. Glowing yellow eyes stood out among the darkness, but slowly faded as they slunk off away from the light.
I sighed and lay down to think. Those creatures can’t get me here. I’m safe. Those demons from the depths of darkness itself can’t set foot in the light. Diana was right.
My eyes filled with tears and my heart swelled at the thought of my recently deceased friend. I was too scared to cry before, but now the little drops fell freely. How could she leave me? Leave me all alone with no answers or understanding.
I stared up into the lights. Light, it serves as my salvation and now as I lay sobbing in the circle of forest, my isolation.
♠ ♠ ♠
So heres the first chapter of my story contest peach girl
post yours!