Ellis Savory

chapter four

“Almost packed Ellis?” I asked Ellis from upstairs. He had been packing for a long time now. I ‘d finished mines awhile back.
“Almost done, do not rush me Zal!” He said clearly irritated with my patience. I’m the one who’d waited this whole time, Even Abigale was losing her patience. Suddenly he came running down the stairs with atleast two huge suit cases.

“Aww Ellis, you don’t need that much. The king said were just going into training first, then we’ll go to war in time. Whats in there anyways?” I said impatiently. He was definitely over exaggerating it all, or was I? Abigale smiled alittle then looked down while smoothing her poofy yellow dress, then taking her matching hat off releasing her long black waved hair. “ Well I still want to remember home, they say some people who go to war tend to forget home life all the way, when not bringing any keepsakes. “ He replied matter of factly then quickly regretting it when Abigale burst into tears.

This was the fourth time today, I think I really will miss her sincerity. I thought sadly. Ellis hurried and rushed by Abigale’s side holding her close.
“Don’t worry, Abigale I’d never forget home, especially knowing you’re here. We’ll come back, I swear it.” Ellis softly kissed her cheek then her head. She stopped crying at once, believing his words. I sighed,” Well I guess we ought to get our horses ready then say our goodbyes, and head for the train.” I said this softly not wanting Abigale to burst again. \

Abigale joined in louder, as Ellis nodded. “I’ll come too.” She said with confidence now. Ellis looked back over at me walking towards the doorway. “I suppose, well then lets get going.” Mum and Da were already outside with Clorinda standing awkwardly in the grass. Da started up. “You know you boys don’t have to go so soon, you could uh…relax, for awhile I think.” He said this decidingly. No, we weren’t going to chance this at all.

“I don’t think that’s such a bright Idea there. We’d not want to be late, or we’d be forced in an act of Treachery against Hawksworth.” I said this affirmatively. We said our goodbyes and hugged each other for the last times. Clorinda had now began weeping, she no doubt was thinking of William right now.

We aren’t going to die, not like William! I swear to it… I told myself silently, as we began boarding the train.