Status: HIATUS

Robert Who?

time is useless.

When I first met Shane, he was kinda shy, but he grew out of that very quickly. The first day at lunch, I was extremely rude to him, actually. I wasn't nice at all. It was essentially a one-sided conversation. It went something like this.
''So, do you like it here so far?" he asked me, politely.
''Yeah.'' I replied, snobbily.
''Do you wish you were still in Texas?''
"No."
"Really?"
''Yeah.''
''Do you like the food here?''
''Where?''
''The cafeteria.''
''It's just school food.''
''Yeah, I guess. Do you--''
He was cut off by the bell to go back to class.
''I'll see you around.'' I said, walking off.
I don't even know why he was sitting with me. The fact that I don't know why he sat with me is kinda pissing me off. When I got home from school that afternoon, I went into creepy stalker girl mode. I searched his name on every possible social networking site. I know, I know. It's really creepy, but I just needed/wanted to know if he was a creeper or something.
Well, what I found out was that he is a super nice kid. He didn't swear unless worked up. He's pretty much perfect.
When I got to school the next morning, he was sitting on the bench in front of our school. I parked my truck and was taking my time getting my stuff out of it, listening to my iPod. When I turned around to close the door, Shane was standing there. I screamed, until he put his hand over my mouth.
''Ew! Get your hand off my mouth!'' I yelled, when he let go.
''Sorry! But you were screaming so loud!'' He said, laughing.
''Sorry, but you scared me.'' I said, turning around to lock the door on my truck.
''That's a nice truck. I've always wanted one.'' He said, following me to the school doors.
''My dad got it for me. As a moving away from Texas present.'' I replied, quietly.
I was starting to feel bad for cyber-stalking him, so I did something neither of us were prepared for.
''Shane, would you like to go get some dinner after school? You can drive my truck, if you want.'' I asked, quickly.
''Uh, sure. Yeah. I would love that.'' He said, turning around to look at me, as we stopped by the door to my first class. As the bell rang, he gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek.
''See you around, Bella.'' He said, as he walked off.
''Uh, yeah. Definitely. I will see you around.'' I said, to myself.
I walked into class, fighting the smile that was probably already plastered on my face.

''NO! You can't do this right now. You need to focus on school! Oh, who am I kidding. I could do fine in school, blindfolded. Maybe not blindfolded, but without trying. Maybe he was just being nice. It probably didn't mean anything.'' I thought to myself, as I rushed through my classwork. The teacher was still explaining it to the other kids, but I already learned this in Texas. When my teacher finished explaining, I asked to go to the restroom, so I could text my dad to tell him I was going out for dinner. The bell rung right as I got back to class.
When I got my stuff together, I walked out of the classroom and there Shane was, waiting for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
title - useless by anarbor

read, comment, subscribe.
xoLauren