Warmness on the Soul

Pretty woman

Cassie and Lela sat on the couch watching "Pretty Woman". That was both of the girls' all time favorite movie. Lela chomped on a chocolate chip cookie like there was no tomorrow. Who ever said cookies and a movie couldn't mend a broken heart was obviously very stupid. You see, things did not go as well as Brian would have planned.

~Flash Back~
"Lela open the door," Brian banged on the bedroom door. Inside the room, he could hear things being thrown around and scattered. "Lela I'm sorry," He tried desperately once more. The door opened. SMACK Lela slapped Brian so hard across the face he was turning red.
"What the fuck is wrong with you?" He questioned his tone now angry, hand on his face. "Look I'm sorry! I was drunk it was a mistake." Lela answered back,

"What the hell is wrong with YOU, Brian? I don't care how it happened…I still don't even get WHY it happened. If you have me, why do you still hang around with your ex? In addition, sweetie… BABIES ARE NOT MISTAKES! ME FALLING FOR AN ASSHOLE LIKE YOU WAS!" She screeched. Brian could not believe his ears. He had never seen Lela so angry, not for the 8 months they'd been living together.

"What am I supposed to do then? I can't take it back. Why are you acting like such a fucking bitch?" Before Lela could say anything back, Brian took the keys, stomped down the stairs, and headed out the door. As she heard the car speed off in the distance, Lela collapsed onto the bed in tears.

~Real Time~
~Lela's Point of View~
I just want to go back in time; back to that day. That day I met the hot person at the mall, the day I was setting myself up for the greatest heart-brake imagined. End Credits. The movie was over. This would mean Cassie would want to know what happened yesterday and I really did not want to talk about it.

To remember that the man I love is off caring for another woman and her baby or that the man I loved got drunk and decided cheated on me.
"Well…," Cassie began "Do you want to talk about it?" I shook my head no and surprisingly she accepted that.

Cassie had changed a lot. Jimmy softened her up to the world. I cannot even remember the last time I heard her randomly yell out the words "WHAT THE FUCK." We sat for a long moment of just sitting.

~Brian's Point of View~
~A Week Later~
I walked into the studio. We just needed one more song and the CD would be finished. I had written one the that night. The night I left Lela alone.

-After reading the song-
"Wow this is really good," Matt said as he read the song, "But aren't Liz's eyes blue-green?" Brian was silent for a moment.
"Yes. However, Lela's are hazel-green… I call it 'Warmness on the Soul'…for Lela not Elizabeth," Brian said looking at the paper. The band recorded the CD and it turned out to be bigger than any of them expected, it really boosted their careers and gave them a nice start in the music industry.

6 months later

~Elizabeth's Point of View~
My plans were all working out. That little tramp was finally out of the picture. I looked in the mirror and admired my growing belly. If anyone ever happened to find out…I blocked the thought out of my mind. No one would find out, and no one would end my fairytale.

I went down stairs. Silence surrounded the house. I had to admit I missed him though. He had been gone for a while on tour with the band. Right now I am living off of my parents' (who just happened to be movie stars) money but soon enough I will be married to a rock star so no worries.

A lot had to be done in the remaining 4 months of my pregnancy. I dialed the numbers. 8-7-2-8-8-9-0-9-7-6; the number to the local adoption agency.
"Hello? Hi, this is Elizabeth Buchert. I would like to adopt a child. Yes. Yes. However, you see I am going to be very specific. He or she must have brown eyes. Moreover, a fair skin tone. Black hair if you could.... You see me and my husband are planning on telling the world it's ours."
A few months later, all the arrangements were set. After the process was over the and baby was finally coming, it was time for a show.

~Brian's Point of View~
I was going 90 in a 65-mile zone. I had to get to the hospital. Elizabeth had already had the baby! I had just missed the first part of my child's life.
Thoughts raced through my mind as I pulled up to HB General Hospital. I rushed into the hospital lobby and a nurse met me at the desk.

"Are you Brian Haner?" she asked smiling.
"Yes," I answered quickly and slightly out of breath.
"Please follow me." she motioned for me to follow and led me down a long corridor of rooms. Finally we reached Elizabeth's room. The nurse opened the door and thn I saw it, As I walked into the room, I saw our baby in Elizabeth's hands. Elizabetth looked extremely tired but the smile on her face was wide as ever. I walked over to the side of her bed and sat.

She was so beautiful wrapped in a soft pink blanket smiling. I could tell she was going to be a grinner. Elizabeth leaned closer and handed me the baby. She felt warm as I held her close. It was a day in my life that I know I would never forget.

The doctor (who was just one of many that Elizabeth had paid to go along with the masquerade) told me that Elizabeth was fine and that I was the proud father of a beautiful baby girl. We named her Lily (of coarse Brian came up with the name. Lily. Lela.). Therefore, that night Lily Joanne Haner was born into the world. (Or so Brian thought.)

-The next week-

"Damn it Elizabeth, where is my hat?" I yelled above the screaming baby.
"You have like what… 300? Just keep looking I'm sure you'll find one of them," Elizabeth hollered back while rocking the baby back and forth.
"I need the red one! How can I go out without one of my signature hats?" I got up and went to the car.
"Where are you going?" She questioned me as usual.
"To the mall, I'll be back soon." I said as I kissed the baby's forehead. "Only one place to get my signature hats that I always seem to misplace," I smiled at Elizabeth. It was Saturday and I was bored.

~Lela's Point of View~
As we did every other Saturday, Cassie and I went down the escalator of the Millwood Mall. We had just left my new favorite store 'Pink is not the new Black'. We went there a lot actually. I guess a part of me just wanted to see him again.

"So how's Jimmy?" I asked Cassie to start conversation.
"Fine," she answered curtly and turned the other way.
Cassie did not like to talk about Jimmy near me. I knew she didn't. I mean saying how he and Brian are best friends. Just as we neared the bottom of the escalator, my heart stopped. As we were coming down Brian was coming up. He looked me right in the eye. There was a moment of silence and it seemed like the entire world stopped moving for a second... Like no one was there besides me and him. Without even noticing I began running down the escalator with Cassie not far behind. He chased after us.

We got to a corner and he grabbed me, the same way he had that day at my house, and the same way I did at my house, I froze. Cassie froze too. Within second he began pouring out his apology speech.

"I'm sorry for everything; sorry for calling you a bitch, I'm sorry for cheating on you, I'm sorry for getting drunk… I'm sorry for everything that happened. I just can't go through life everyday, knowing you hate me…Lela…I love you," He spoke with words and then his eyes. I did not even notice it but I was crying. He came closer, wiped away my tears and then cuddled me in a strongly bounding hug. Despite all of this only one thing popped into my mind

"So…it's been nine months. What is it?" I asked in a cold tone of voice.
"Huh?" he seemed confused.
"Girl…boy….it?" My face softened and I smiled jokingly.
"A baby girl named Lily." He didn't know how what he just said affected me. I said,
"Well congrats daddy, but I have to go." and began walking away.
"Can I call?" Brian knew he was setting himself up for ruin again, but he did not care.
"Sure hopefully I'll pick up." I gave him one last smile and went off.

~Jimmy's Point of View~
I sat with the guys in my living room.
"Wow, wow what a great audience," I began my mouth slightly still full of beer, "But any ways I have announcement… Cassie and I are engaged." Every one went wild with happiness. All of got up and started hugging Jimmy and congratulating Jimmy.

"And to think we all thought Syn would be the first to tie the knot," again Johnny just couldn't shut the fuck up. There was silence and every one looked at Johnny.
"Well I guess I wasn't now was I?" Brian said in a heartless voice and again the room was mute. I broke the awkward uncommunicativeness,

"But Brian you know I want you to be the best man…and it'll only be fair for me to warn you that Lela is kind of the maid of hon-" I started.
"So what does this mean? I'm not gonna let some girl get in the way of what you want," Brian gave me a warm but fake smile and drank down the shot.

~A Couple Months Later~
~Jimmy and Cassie's Engagement Party~
~Still Jimmy's Point of View~

There was beer, music and food. No one was going to throw a better engagement party than me. Elizabeth was feeding the baby. (Not with a bottle)
"Um Elizabeth sweetie…Don't you think you'd want to cover up? There are some pretty sick people here." Brian said to his girlfriend just as Johnny walked by. Lela was sitting on the other side of the room with some of Cassie's friends.

"Now here is a very special song," I spoke into the mike, "It was written by my friend Brian for a very special girl, and now I'm dedicating it to my special girl." I looked over to Cassie and every one clapped and turned Brian. He started to blush a little and the whole world could tell that he was embarrassed but who the hell cared? The song started. 'Your HAZEL-GREEN tint eyes watching every move I make' so Cassie and me danced away to our new song.

~Elizabeth's Point of View~
'What the Fuck' I thought. 'Hazel-Green tint eyes? My eyes are blue'. My head automatically turned to Lela. Although she was almost a room away her hazel-green tint eyes were somewhat hard to miss. Okay. I put Lily back into her little carriage. The song then came to a part about "I give my heart to you." My head turned again and surprisingly enough the little bitch was crying.

Oh, I will give her something to cry about. I stood up. Every one was clapping for the beautiful song. Brian walked over to Lela, but stopped half way to see me pull a gun from my purse.
"Okay if no one moves only one will get hurt!" I screamed over the voices. Everyone went frantic finding a place to hide. I pointed the gun right at Lela.

"NOOOOO!" Brian and Cassie yelled in unison. I pulled the trigger. I was going to end it all. At last second, Cassie runs to protect her best friend. Thus, the bullet hit her.
Then I ran.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment