I'm Holding Every Look

Chapter 10.

"Okay, so I got the CD for you. Did you find the shirts you wanted?" Jeremy asked, coming up behind me while I browsed through Macy's. I nodded, holding up two shirts, one white and ruffly, the other a dark orange with a collar. "Very Ryan." He nodded and I laughed.

"You got that right. Let's check out." We headed towards the counter, and suddenly something sparked my attention. I turned on my heel and walked briskly towards a shockingly bright red belt hanging on a hook. I took it in my hands, imagining the look on Ryan's face when I gave it to him.

It completely embodied the person that was Ryan Ross.

"It looks like something someone would wear during a waltzing party." Jeremy said quietly from behind me. I turned around and raised my eyebrows at him.

"Waltzing party?" Jeremy nodded. Apparently it was something in the south? "Well, I wouldn't know." I shrugged, and his mouth fell open slightly.

"You don't know how to waltz?" I shook my head and shrugged.

"Never learned."

"Well, I'll have to teach you then, Miss Julian." Jeremy murmured, taking the shirts and the belt and laying them across the top of a display. My eyes grew large, and I just watched him do all of this. His hand slipped under the strap of my large, red purse and he took that off of my shoulder, setting it down along with the FYE bag that contained the Britney Spears CD.

"Jeremy, what.. I.. I - I can't." He put his finger to my lips and his hand on the small of my back.

"Now, put your hand on my shoulder." I did as I was told, and he immediately took my free hand in his. "Step back when I step towards you."

My eyes locked to our feet, and he began to move.

"Look at me." Jeremy commanded softly, and I drew my eyes to stare into his own. "Just go with the music." We continued back and forth for a few minutes, my eyes locked in Jeremy's. "Now I'm going to pull you closer so we can spin." My eyes grew larger, but never strayed from his dark orbs.

I felt a tug on my back and I was suddenly hip to hip with the boy who was holding me in his arms.

My face flushed.

"Now," he whispered into my ear. "Just keep stepping back." I did, and we went in a tight circle. It was not the most graceful of dances, but I didn't step on anyone. It was pretty good for the first time I had even spun around, or even waltzed, for that matter.

"Are you ready for the grand finale?" He murmured and I nodded, keeping the eye contact. "Alright, just go limp in my arms and I'll do the rest." I inhaled sharply and let Jeremy do as he pleased. He let go of my hand and rested it behind my neck.

Next thing I knew, I was being lowered towards the ground, but I knew that Jeremy had a firm grip on me and wouldn't let me fall.

I felt his warm breath on my neck and then his soft lips on my jaw.

A shiver ran insanely down my spine as he straightened, and pulled me with him.

"And that, Julian, is how you waltz." He said, equally as soft as the rest of his statements in the past three minutes. "Now, let's check out."

He reached down and picked up my purse for me, as well as the FYE bag, and handed my purse to me. I slipped it over my shoulder and took the two shirts and the belt in my other hand.

As we began walking towards the cashier, I felt his hand brush against my fingers like a guitar pick against strings.

I felt the blood rush to my cheek again as I dropped the items on the counter and took out my credit card.

Yes, it was a lot of money, but it was worth it for my best friend.

And to practically feel Jeremy breathing as we walked, closely, together out of the store.