I'm Holding Every Look

Chapter 11.

"Ryan!" I sang out, dangling a gift-bag in front of his face. He looked up at me, his eyes sparkling.

"For me?" His large, brown eyes batted at me. I rolled my eyes at him, and dropped the bag on his lap. He pulled the red tissue paper out and shrieked, staring at the shirts and the belt. "Oh, I love them so much, Jules!"

I laughed. "I have amazing taste, don't I?" Smirking, I flicked the bag with my forefinger. "There's more in there, lover." He glared at me before digging into the bag again and letting another shriek out.

"BRITNEY SPEARS!"

"I know you have a secret love for her, Ryan." I placed my hand over my heart and swayed back and forth. He snickered at me and ripped open the CD, quickly going through the insert.

I was such a great best friend, and I knew this for a fact as he began singing the lyrics quietly to one of the songs on the CD.

"I'm going to the barbecue, skank!" I called to him, and hopped off the bus, heading towards the large gathering of people in front of me. My eyes fell on Jeremy, and a grin lit up my face as I walked up behind him quietly. "Hi." I whispered, standing on my tiptoes, so I could say it into his ear.

It had the desired effect, and he spun around, face lit up, and engulfed me in a huge hug.

"So, how did birthday boy like the presents?" He asked, holding out his arm for me. I slid my arm into his and we walked over to a few chairs.

"Oh, he loved them. Especially the CD, no matter how much he will deny it to everyone's face." I paused and thought about this for a moment. "Well, except Brendon's, probably." Jeremy laughed and took a sip of the water bottle he was holding.

"So, hey, are you sleeping on our bus tonight?" He asked, squinting at me over the top of the bottle.

I wasn't planning on it, but how could I say no to those eyes?

I couldn't.

"If you'll have me," I shrugged and he nodded eagerly.

"Yes, yes! Hayley and Josh want to watch a movie, so..."

"Sounds good. Hey, want to come back to the Panic bus with me, so I can grab some stuff?" He nodded again, and stood, offering his hand to me. I took it willingly, and we headed back to the bus.

A grin lit my face as I noticed he never did let go of my hand.

"Ryan? RYAN! Are you clothed in here?" I shouted, sticking my head into the bus, hand still attached to Jeremy's.

"Yes, you perv. Come in." I heard his voice from the back.

"BUT I AM NOT!!" Brendon squealed, jumping in plain view in nothing but a pair of Mountain Dew boxers. I squeezed my eyes shut.

"Bren, please put clothes on, we have a guest." I grumbled, and he ran off to do so. "Sorry, Jeremy." I laughed, opening the door all the way.

"S'okay, I live with Zac Farro." I laughed and dropped his hand lest Ryan or Brendon see and decide to tease me incessantly about it, heading to my bunk. I pulled out my suitcase and a small backpack, stuffing a few articles of clothing, my laptop, a book, and my toothbrush into it.

"Okay, we can go. BOYS! I am staying at Paramore tonight." I yelled, taking about three steps and waiting. There was a crash from the back of the bus as all four of the Panic boys ran into view.

"Jeremy, don't let Zac rape her." Spencer stated.

"Jeremy, don't rape her!" Jon chuckled at his change in Spencer's words.

"Jeremy, ignore them." I mumbled, inching closer to him and he slipped an arm around my waist.

"Jeremy, don't let anyone give her a spiked drink." Brendon commanded, trying to look scary or something. He failed.

"Gee, is your name Jeremy?" I asked, and Jeremy laughed.

Ryan was silent, and I was sort of afraid of what he was going to say.

I didn't want to stick around to find out.

"Okay, we're leaving."

I turned and grabbed Jeremy's hand - not only to tug him towards the door. Maybe I liked the way his rough hands felt in my own, okay?

We were almost out the door when I heard Ryan.

"USE A CONDOM, LOVERS!"

Ass.