I'm Holding Every Look

Chapter 4.

Whoever this north.import was and I continued on talking for nearly two hours. They had not given me their name, but I wasn't too worried. If anything happened, Panic would be all over that person and have them killed within the hour.

Scary thought, isn't it?

After pulling on some acceptable clothes, I wandered out to the main area the next morning, and sat across from Hayley at the table.

"Morning!" She chirped, looking up from her book and cereal.

"Good morning, Hayley," I grinned, reaching for a piece of fruit in the bowl in the center of the table.

"So." Her eyes got bright and she wiggled forward towards the table, leaning in. I followed her example, assuming she wanted girl talk.

Probably the only reason she brought me on the bus.

"So." I shrugged.

"Which boy do you like!" She squealed in her adorable little southern accent. I coughed.

"What do you mean? How do you know I like any of them? Don't worry, I know Josh is off-limits." Hayley squealed again.

"So you DO like one of them!!"

"I - I don't." I stammered, my eyes growing large.

"No, you so totally do."

"Hayley! I don't know!"

"Oo, so you're choosing between two of them... Which ones?" I rolled my eyes.

"No, not like that. I just met him, Hayley, how am I supposed to know if I really like him or if it's just attraction?"

"OH! SO YOU DO LIKE ONE OF THEM!" She almost shouted. I reached across the table and put my hand over her mouth.

"Hush."

"Let me rephrase, you're diggin on one of them. Now which one?" She pressed.

She really wasn't going to let me get away from this without telling her, will she? My guess was no. Which, I guess, this did not have to be a bad thing. Because if I decide I actually like this guy and it's more than just attraction, then she could possibly give me some tips and talk to him or something. He was one of her best friends, after all.

I sighed.

"Uh, ithinkilikejeremy." I mumbled, staring at the table.

"Look at me." Hayley commanded. I did as I was told. "Now say it again, slower."

"I think I like Jeremy." I whispered.

"OH! I SO CALLED THAT!" She screeched, flying backwards and crossing her arms in triumph. She then leaned in again. "And just so you know, he was all trippy that you didn't like him at all last night."

"So that's who it was." I thought out loud.

"You heard?"

"Yeah, I didn't know who was talking though, except for you." Hayley chuckled as my phone rang. "Sorry, it's Ryan."

She nodded and went back to her book and I stood and crossed the room.

"Speak to me." I said, sliding my phone open. He chuckled in my ear.

"Nice to hear you missed me, Julian."

"Oh, I missed you so, so, so, so, so much, Ryan! Can I have your babies?" I gushed, clutching the phone to my ear.

"I knew it, and no, you may not have my babies."

"I will fight Brendon for you!"

"Julian." Ryan warned, and I laughed, apologizing.

"So what'cha calling about??" I questioned as Jeremy emerged from the back lounge, looking sad. I remembered last night's conversation and smiled at him. He looked slightly shocked and then he returned the smile before sliding into my previous spot across the Hayley.

"Oh, nothing.." He coughed slightly.

"Out with it, Ross."

"I miss you." He said quietly.

"Aww! Big bad rock star Ryan Ross misses his best friend," I cooed into the phone.

"Julian!" He whined.

"Sorry, babe. I miss you too. But I gotta go. Paramore's doing something interesting."

"Juli-" I hung up.

As much as I love Ryan, he can be clingy. I found it utterly hilarious. As did Brendon.

I walked back to Hayley and Jeremy at the table and leaned on it. "So, Jeremy, why the sad face a few minutes ago?"

"I got completely pulverized in Guitar Hero."

I blinked a few times at him.

"Guitar Hero?" Jeremy nodded. "I can't believe you didn't tell me you guys have Guitar Hero!" I started back towards the lounge, hearing Jeremy's footsteps follow me.
♠ ♠ ♠
it's sorta. kinda. almost. not really. getting better.