I'm Holding Every Look

Chapter 6.

"Hey, Julian," I heard my name being called and stuck my head out from behind my curtain. I saw Jeremy standing there, a grin on his face. "Are you ready? We're in LA."

"Oh, yeah, for sure." I said, slipping out from the curtain and putting my feet into low-top Chuck Taylor Converse. They matched well with my dark washed skinny jeans and red tank top.

We said goodbye to Hayley and Josh, who were busy planning an expedition of their own and got off the bus and looked around. "Where to now, Jeremy?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"I, uh, this way." He nodded, as if he knew where he was going. I snickered and followed him, as he walked in the direction of a sign that said 'BEACH'. "What are you laughing at?" He asked, turning his head to face me. My eyes opened widely and I shook my head.

"Oh, nothing..." I smirked, running my fingers through the bangs that were falling down over my eyes. Jeremy shrugged and got to the edge of the beach, and in seeing the sand, he slipped off his shoes and broke into a run. I chucked, following his example.

As we reached the water, I stopped and leaned down to roll up my jeans. As I finished rolling the denim of the second leg, I felt a pair of arms around my waist, running me into the water. I shrieked, jumping a bit and turning around, seeing Jeremy's laughing face alarmingly close to my own.

I felt the inevitable blush creep up my cheeks.

"Jeremy, you're a skank." I chuckled, and he shrugged.

"Oh, well, what can you do." I laughed a full out laugh this time, and stepped back, turning to stare at the endless expanse of blue water in front of me.

"God, that's beautiful." I breathed, unable to tear my eyes from the far out waves.

"Yeah, it really is." Jeremy murmured, stepping up next to me, letting the small waves crash against his jeans. We stayed like that for a good minute and a half before I let out a deep breath and turned to Jeremy.

"Let's go downtown." I stated bluntly. Jeremy tore his eyes from the expanse and looked at me, slightly confused.

"But, Julian, here's the thing, we don't have a car and we don't know where the hell we would go to get there." I nodded.

"I know, I'll call a cab."

"How do you have a num-" Jeremy started asking.

"Information." I cut him off with a slight smile. He nodded, and I swear I saw a blush on his cheeks.

So I wasn't the only one in the Paramore bus who blushed, this was good to know.

I put the phone to my ear and waited. The operator picked up and I got ahold of a cab company, told them where we were, and they were headed over. I plopped myself down on a bench that was situated on the sand and began to put on my Chuck Taylor's. I felt a weight next to me, and glanced up, my eyes falling on Jeremy, who looked away as I looked up at him.

So he was looking at me.

That blush returned to my cheeks and I concentrated on pulling on my shoes.

"Hey, there's the cab." Jeremy said, rising and extending his hand to me. I stared at his hand like an idiot before realizing he wanted to help me stand. I shook my head, clearing the thoughts and slipped my hand into his own. He pulled me up easily and we headed to the white car in front of us. Once we got to the cab, I realized just how close we had been standing as my hand brushed against his as he opened the door for me. "Ladies first." I grinned, slipping in the back seat.

So chivalry was not dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
major filler pt two. ew