I'm Holding Every Look

Chapter 7.

"JULIAN MIKA BUCHES!" I turned from my conversation with Jeremy to see Ryan Ross flying at me full speed. I squealed and covered my face with my hands, and I heard Jeremy laugh slightly.

Next thing I knew, there was a body on top of mine and I was collapsed on the hot pavement in front of one of the stages.

"Ow, oh god, ow." I moaned, covering my face again and attempting to curl into a fetal position. "Ross-" cough "you are going to pay for this!" I hissed, pushing him off of me. He rose and batted his eyelashes down at me, an attempt to look cute. Or maybe it was innocent. Whichever it was, he was failing. I sat, legs splayed in a v, arms crossed, staring up at him.

"I missed you though!" He cried, throwing his hands up. I cocked an eyebrow at him, and then saw a hand in front of my face. And it wasn't Ryan's.

I followed it up to Jeremy's face, and smiled, taking his offer and rising so I could stand next to him.

That was the second time he had helped me up that day.

If I didn't know any better, I would say he was just trying to hold my hand.

Not that I mind or anything.

I shot a smile to Jeremy and he returned it.

"Soo, are you going to the MERCH tent?" Ryan asked, staring pointedly at me. I nodded.

"Yeah, we were on our way over there when you molested me, Ross."

"Stop calling me by my last name, Buches." I winced as he mispronounced it. My last name was French, and no one ever seemed to get it right. Ryan always could, except for when he was teasing me. It was pronounced "Beau-shay", but Ryan kept saying it as "Bu-ch-ess." He learned a lot in high school, apparently. "Alright, whatever, I'll let you two continue on to 'merch row', and I'll see you, little miss, at the barbecue tonight." He began to walk away.

"Wait - RYAN!" I screamed. He turned around on his heel to stare at me. "Is the tent stuff over there already?" He nodded.

I turned to Jeremy, lowering my voice. "Get ready to run as fast as you can."

"Why?"

"Don't ask, just do what I say." He shrugged and I turned back to Ryan. "Okay, see you later, George!" My best friends eyes grew large and he looked like he was ready to charge us.

"RUN!" I shouted, turning and running in the opposite direction. I didn't stop until I was at the merch tents and I saw the white tent pieces and blue tubs laying on the ground in between All Time Low and Family Force 5. I heard Jeremy come to a stop behind me and turned. "Good job. You ran." I laughed, stepping behind the table to begin setting up the tent.

"You told me to, so I did." He shrugged, following me and taking a large piece of the tent from my hands to put it higher than I could reach. I blushed, but this time, it was accompanied by a smile.

We finished putting the tent up and I began to set the Panic at the Disco merchandise out on the table, arranging it in a slightly appealing way. The girl we all came to know as Tofu Pup from the Family Force 5 crew leaned over to our tent.

"The doors are about to open, Jeremy might wanna get lost." We thanked her and I turned to Jeremy.

"Well, you heard the girl, get lost!" I teased. He grinned and nodded.

"Yeah, I probably should get lost, lest I get molested." I laughed. He stepped towards me and slipped his arms around my waist, pulling me into a hug. I sighed into his chest as my arms found their way to his waist as well. "Thanks for hanging out with me today." He whispered in my ear.

"Anytime, seriously, I loved being with you." I responded, stepping back. "Now, go!" I said, tapping his chest.

"Alright, peace out, I'll text you soon." He flashed a grin at me before turning and trotting off in the direction of the buses. I sighed as I watched him leave, and then my phone buzzed in my pocket.

It was Jeremy.

'i'm bored!'

I laughed, and typed back my reply, 'oh, get a life, davis.'

'but, why when i could hang out with you?'

I felt a blush go up my cheeks and looked up to see the doors opening, before looking down at my phone again.

I could get used to this.

<*>

"Julian, come on!" Ryan pulled on my wrist, leading me to the barbecue. I rolled my eyes and followed him. "Just because I'm not Jeremy..." He sighed and I slapped his hand.

"Don't be jealous, Ryan!" I cooed, wrapping my arms around his neck and stepping on my tiptoes. "You're always my backup plan."

He laughed. "Yeah, if we're not married by thirty, we're getting married." I nodded and got off my toes, unwrapping my arms from his neck.

"But we're not thirty yet, so there is no need for you to be jealous. And besides, I'm not dating him."

"Coulda fooled me."

"Skank." I laughed, skipping ahead of him to link arms with Hayley. "I have a question?"

"Go for it." She grinned as we approached the barbecue. I grabbed us each a lemonade from a table we passed. I wasn't much for underage drinking, neither was Hayley. "Thanks."

"So, do you think Jeremy and I act couple-y? I mean, we just met a few days ago, and Ryan thinks we act like a couple already." I took a sip of my lemonade and watched Hayley contemplate this.

"I can see it, I can definitely see it."

"Really?" My eyes grew large.

"Yeah, oh man, you two are so diggin on each other." She drawled, giggling slightly.

"Well, it's definitely true from my side of it..."

"And Jeremy's too. Don't let his cool facade fool you." I shrugged, turning and letting my eyes fall on Jeremy. He stopped talking to Alex Gaskarth and began walking towards me.

It was a good night.