Baby Way

Baby Way

Image

It's a nice summer day in California. Lindsey, in her eight month and second week of pregnancy, is relaxing on the front porch while Gerard is in the kitchen struggling to make her the nice breakfast that he promised.

"Hun, it's okay! I can just make my own sandwich. Really babe it's no problem!" She yells from the porch to Gerard.

Meanwhile,in the kitchen, Gerard flips open the toaster to see two burnt pieces of toast. Just then the smoke alarm goes off. He rushes to the smoke alarm and fans it off. He then makes his way back to the toaster and takes out the two burnt pieces of toast but accidently burns his hand.

"Ow!" he screeches. "No babe I'm fine. Everything is okay. I promise. You just relax, kay babe everything is under control." He yells back.

He then sighs in disappointment and heads to the fridge to get some more bread. Lindsey feeling bad for her husband so she decides to lift herself carefully off of the porch bench and head inside. Meanwhile Gerard has already put the fresh bread in the toaster. He hears the front door close indicating that Lindsey is making her way into the house. He then walks into the living room where he finds his pregnant wife making her way into the kitchen. He walks over to her and wraps his arm around her shoulder leading her to the comfy couch.

"Gerard-"

"Lindsey."

She gives a chuckle. "What are you doing in there?"

"I, my beautiful wife, am making you a nice breakfast. "

"Oh really?"

"Yes I'm making you a nice breakfast sandwich with eggs and a nice tall glass of milk."

"Milk? Babe I-"

"No Linds' no coffee." He says helping her onto the couch.

"Come on! My mom drank coffee when she was pregnant with me and I turned out fine!"

"Babe come on not again. Now you stay right here and I'll go finish making your breakfast, kay. I'm making you this delicious breakfast sandwich with sausage, mushrooms, eggs and red peppers. Honey your gonna love it! "

He got up and put back on his green apron that said 'kiss the cook'. Lindsey smiled at him as he walked away. As Gerard was back in the kitchen making his wife some eggs Lindsey was trying to make herself comfortable on the couch but wasn't succeeding. She was twisting and turning until she couldn't take it anymore. She grew tired and laid down in discomfort. She looked down at her stomach and rubbed it with a sigh.

"When are you gonna come out?" She asked it quietly.

She then felt her baby kick. That made her smile widely. She brought the palm of her hand up to her mouth to kiss it and then placed it back on her stomach. She laid on the couch for a few minuets until her eyes grew heavy. Just as she was about to doze off she felt something wet. She frowned.

"Babe! I think I pissed myself."

She heard Gerard laugh from the kitchen.

"Again?" He asked still laughing.

"Shut up! I'm prego. Okay, so my bladder can't hold anything anymore."

"Ah, excuses excuses."

"I'm on your favorite couch!"
"What!"

He came in the living room in a rush with baking mitts on each hand.

"Babe! Aw man."

"Remember you love me." She said innocently. "Now come help me off the couch so I can go clean up."

He sighed. "Okay. Hold on I'll be right back." He said before he left for the kitchen.

"Okay."

Lindsey then moved a little. She felt...odd. She was starting to get the feeling that she didn't pee on herself.

"Oh my God." she whispered to herself.

Just then Gerard came back in the living room mitten free. "Alright babe..." He paused and looked at her carefully. She looked like she was in a daze. "Linds? You okay babe?"

"...M- water..."

"You want water? Okay. In a glass or in the bottle?"

"No! No Gerard. My. Water."

He stood there silently. It was finally making sense to him. "Oh my God! Your water broke!" He yelled excitedly but then frowned . "Oh my God your water broke on my couch!"

"Gerard!"

"Oh! Oh babe." He said happily as he kneeled down next to her on the couch and kissed her cheek and mouth repeatedly. "Your water broke. This means that the baby's coming!" He said.
She nodded and smiled happily. "Alright wha-what do I do?"

"You-you have to get my bag. My bag.
My hospital bag is in our room by the- the closet."

"Alright babe. I'll be right back, kay. Just breath, kay. I'll be right back."

"Okay."She said starting her breathing exercises. "Hurry."

Without a word he nodded and fled upstairs to fetch her bag. He ran back downstairs and helped her off the couch and helped her out to the car.
The drive was nice and quiet until...the first contraction.

"Ahh!" Lindsey squeaked.

Gerard quickly grabbed her hand for comfort. She held onto it tightly.

"It's okay babe we're almost there I promise."

She nodded and continued breathing.
As they arrived to the hospital Lindsey had another contraction, but this time it was even worse! She yelled so loud that it scared Gerard. When it finally stopped Gerard carried Lindsey out to the hospital.
As he rushed into the hospital he saw a woman at the front desk.

"Excuse! We need a doctor!"

The woman looked up with a dull expression and simply said "Don't we all."

This made Gerard mad.

"Look lady. Get over your snotty attitude and get my wife and I a doctor!"

"Okay Sir. No need to get feisty."

"Yeah well I am freaking out! My wife is having a baby!"

She giggled a little. "Your fist kid?" she asked a little nicer.

He nodded "Yeah."

"Please hurry this shit hurts!" Lindsey said in pain, clutching her stomach.

Gerard kissed her forehead before they brought her a wheelchair. She sat into the wheelchair and they began to take her away to her room, but she told them to stop.

"I'm not going anywhere without my husband." She said panicked, looking at Gerard.

He walked over to her and gave her kiss. "I'll be there in a minuet, kay. I have to get dressed in the gown and I'll be right in there alright, babe. Don't worry." He as kissed her one last time before they took her to her room.

A nurse came up to him and handed him a gown.

"Is there anything I can get for you?" the nurse asked.

"MY mommy?" He said.

The nurse chuckled "The bathrooms are over there Mr.Way." the nurse said pointing in the direction of the bathroom.

Gerard had no feeling what so ever. He had the feeling that he was watching himself walk towards the bathroom but yet he wasn't in control of his body. He was so nervous.

About 15 minuets later Gerard was ready to be father. He stepped into Lindsey's room expecting to find her laying down on the bed in pain. She was in deep pain, but she wasn't in the bed. He found her walking around everywhere. When Lindsey finally realized that Gerard was standing by the door in shock she told him straight up "I want the drug. Tell. Them. To. Give. Me The. Drug. Gerard!"

"Babe." He said calmly trying to calm her down. "You need to lay down and relax, okay."

He stepped towards her but she backed away.

"And you need to get a damn nurse and tell them to give me the drug."

"Honey, come on . I thought we were gonna do this the natural way."

"We? We? What do mean we? I said I was-"

She didn't get to finish her sentence because she had another contraction. She quickly clutched onto the bed side. Gerard quickly ran over to her and set her on the bed. She began to breath heavily.

"Gerard." she cried. "Please. Please tell them to give me the drug. This hurts so bad."

Gerard felt so bad for her. He's never been so scared before in his life. He quickly ran out of the room and told a nurse to quickly get Lindsey what she needed. A nurse followed Gerard into the room.

"Alright Mrs.Way I'm going to need you to sit up." The nurse said.

Gerard helped Lindsey sit up as the nurse injected her in the lower back with the medicine. In just a few minuets Lindsey was hardily feeling her contractions. She began to relax and Gerard finally got her to lay down.

"I'll be right back babe." He told her.

She nodded in response. He walked out of the room. He made his way to the waiting area and whipped out his cell phone and dialed Mikey's number. It rung about five times and then Gerard grew impatient. Finally Mikey picked up.

"Yellow?" Mikey said.

"Took you long enough!"

"Love you to Bro?"

"Look Mikey. Lindsey's in the hospital."

"What! Oh my Gosh. Is she okay?"

"Yeah. Yeah she's fine. Well kind of.
Dude, I'm gonna be a dad today!"

"Aw! Man! that's awesome."

"Yeah so call mom and get your asses over her!" Gerard told his brother laughing.

"Congrats man! Ah! I'm gonna be an uncle!"

"I'll see you later man. I've gotta go."

"Yeah, see you later!" His voice became more distant. "Alicia!-" Mikey ended the phone call.

As Gerard made his way back into the room the doctor was in there.

"Hello Mr.Way. Ready to be a daddy?" She asked nicely.

"Hi doctor Wilson." Gerard said with a smile. "I am definitely ready."

"That's great to hear! Now lets see how its going." She said as she lifted up Lindsey's blanket. "Just as I thought. Okay sweetie you are fully dilated now." She said with a smile.

"Oh my gosh really?" Lindsey asked as if she was unsure.

"Yup, you feeling okay?" the doctor asked as Gerard made his way next to Lindsey's bed side.

Just then Lindsey paused and held onto Gerard's hand with a little grip.

"Oh I think I just had a contraction." She said.

"Okay soon, your gonna have to push."

"This drug thing is good." Lindsey said."You can't feel a thing."

You could say that she spoke too soon because the next thing she knew she was pushing out her child.

-An hour and a half later-
A little cry was heard. Lindsey regained her breath and a little bit of her strength.

"Babe you did it!" Gerard said in tears.

Lindsey looked over at her husband with her tear stained face. He leaned down and gave her a sweet kiss on the lips.

"Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Way! You have a -"
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliffhanger! Sucks I know but none of us know if the baby is gonna be a boy or a girl ^.^

5/30/09 (2:21AM) Gerard and Lindsey Way are now the proud parents of Bandit Lee Way