Baby Way

Baby Way

Image

Lindsey and Gerard stared down at the little bundle of joy in the proud mother's arms. Little Bandit Lee Way weighing in at 6 lbs. 5.6 oz had just opened up her tiny bright eyes. Even though she couldn't fully see her mommy and daddy yet, Bandit sensed they were there. Lindsey held her daughter close to her on the hospital bed, never wanting to let her go. Gerard kept thinking of this moment...this moment he would never forget, a moment so great and precious.

Lindsey had tears in her eyes. "She's so beautiful Gee..."

"I know...she looks just like you. " He said with a smile.
"I think she looks like you." Lindsey replied.

She smiled up at him as he leaned down to give her a quiet kiss on the mouth. The happy parents gazed at their daughter in the most loving way possible.

"She's so tiny and chubby...and tranquil, I love it." Lindsey giggled.

"I know. I guess she's so calm because your holding her...she's all comfy in her mommy's arms."

Just then there was a knock at the door. Bandit stirred a bit and Lindsey quite was alarmed at this. Bandit made a little face at her mom and resumed her quiet state. Just then Gerard noticed his wife's expression.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked.

Just then the doctor walked in. She smiled at the new parents talking amongst themselves.

"Yeah...I've just...I've never felt so happy and so...scared before...ever..."

"Nothing to worry about Mrs.Way. All new mothers feel this way. If your already worrying, your already doing it right." The doctor said in a tranquil voice.

Lindsey smiled warmly. "Thank you doctor."

The doctor gave a similar look in response." Well, I just came to check up on you and tell you about the tests we ran on little Bandit here." The doctor said towards the baby.

Gerard and Linsey listened eagerly as Bandit closed her eyes and got comfy in her mother's embrace.

"To make a long story short, she passed with flying colors." The doctor said with a smile." You've got yourselves a very healthy baby there."

Gerard and Lindsey were very happy to hear such wonderful news.

"You can take her home tomorrow afternoon, but for now I'm sure mommy's very tired." The doctor said towards Lindsey.

"Very." Lindsey agreed.

Gerard gladly took his daughter cradling her in his arms, as his wife had an easing slumber after a hard but blessed day. He looked down at the tiny life in his arms. Words couldn't explain the greatness he felt at this very moment.This coming from a man who never thought he would be capable of having a family, let alone getting married. Never in a million years did he think this would ever happen, but boy was he happy and appreciative that it did.
She is such a beautiful baby. She was perfect. This baby in his arms was an answer to his prayers. Just then did he realize that she had opened her eyes again. She gave her father a blank stare as she could barley keep her eyes opened. Gerard looked back at her in the dark room with nothing but the moon light glaring at them through the window, smiling.

"Hey there Bandit...my little Bandit." He said with a smile.

To his surprise she gave a little smile back as her eyes closed once again. This made Gerard's smile even bigger as he looked at his beautiful daughter.

"You look just like your mommy..." He smiled at her. "Do you know how lucky you are?" He laughed. "Oh but I shouldn't say that, Mommy wanted you to resemble me, but you do have my eyes... your so pretty Bandit. Your the prettiest baby I've ever seen..."

Just then little Bandit fell asleep for the the night. Gerard laid her down in her little crib as he took a seat next to Lindsey at her bed side. He then pulled out his phone to check the time. It was 9:08 PM.

"Might as well catch some Z's..." Gerard whispered to himself.

He looked down at Lindsey and saw how peaceful and relieved she was. He appreciated having her in his life and was so grateful for her going through so much to bring their daughter into this world.
He rested his head back on the comfy chair as he suddenly fell into a short slumber. It was short because about fifteen minuets in, Gerard got a text from none other than his little brother.
It was a good thing he had his phone on vibrate. He didn't want to wake his sleeping family.

'Am I an uncle yet!?' -Mikey

Gerard smiled at his brother's text.
'Yup Uncle Mikey! You have a niece :-)' -Gerard

Gerard didn't have to wait long before his brother replied.
' :OMGee I have a niece!? I am now the happiest uncle alive. What's her name WHAT'S HER NAME!? Uncle Mikey must know O_O' -Mikey

Gerard smiled at this. 'Her names Bandit ^_^... Bandit Lee Way. ' -Gerard
♠ ♠ ♠
Bandit Lee Way was born on May 27th, 2009. ^__^