A Fight I Refuse to Lose

Chapter 2

(Still Pete's PoV)

While at the baggage carousel, Charlotte bugs me to spit out the reason why we are in Las Vegas. I just ignored her until we got in the car I rented for the week.

"I'm going to check out a band that sent their demo to me," I said casually.

"Why did you even bring me here? You could've just brought Patrick with you," she protested and frowned.

"Don't be pissed off. Another reason is that we are getting you as our guitar technician. We all know that you'd love to."

Charlotte's PoV

Did he just said that I'm going to be Fall Out Boy's guitar technician or he's just playing pranks again?

"Are you serious?" I asked with a big grin plastered across my face.

"I'm dead serious. Why get other people to do a job that you can do? You are the one who taught me how to play guitar in the first place," Pete smiled.

The drive going to our hotel was quiet. I just can't believe that I am going to be their guitar tech. Pete is right about me wanting to be a guitar tech. I dream of it since I was a kid.

We got settled in our hotel room.The bright Vegas lights are very visible through the window. Pete stood near the window while talking to someone on his cellphone. I sat at the edge of my bed listening to random songs from my iPod when reality struck me hard. Our parents agreed about me going for a year off from school but what will happen to me next year when I start college? I better ask him now about my school next year than later.

My tummy grumbles. Pete turns around and looks at me. I think he heard it. He puts his phone in the back pocket of his jeans, smiles, and asks me if I'm already hungry. Yes is my one and only answer.

Over dinner, Pete asked me if I have or had a boyfriend. I honestly told him I had one which made him ask questions about the then rumors about Michael and I making out at a party. I got curious on how he knew about that. There is only one source he could turn to. I told him that rumor was true and that Michael was already my boyfriend when that happened.

"I would like to be honest with you," Pete said while we wait for dessert.

"Mm..."

"I was at that party where you were seen making out with that Michael guy. You were also drunk," he said sounding serious. My eyes widened because of disbelief. How did he knew about the party? He is starting to make me freak out."I also saw you in a couple of parties and clubs drinking," he added.

I want to disappear already. I'm so humiliated that my own brother knows all of my bad side. But how come he didn't even bother to stop me?

I gasped and said, "Oh God. Did you say anything to mom and dad about this?"

"No but promise me, again, that you will not get in trouble. No mischief and other related stuff including drinking and excessive partying."
♠ ♠ ♠
Second update. Hope you like it.