A Fight I Refuse to Lose

Chapter 3

Pete's PoV

I wasn't hallucinating when I saw her before. But how did she learn to drink? She doesn't see dad drink, even me. Hell, I don't go to parties when I'm home but there was an exception. It was when Dominique, her best friend, called me a couple of times, when I was in town, about Charlotte going to those parties because she's worried about Charlotte going out of control. I didn't know that when she meant "going out of control", it was getting drunk and making out with Michael and there was this dude I do not know I saw making out with her once.

"I don't get drunk, just tipsy," she said with a tone like as a matter of fact.

"Really?"

"Fuck it. Pete, are you not believing everything I say?"

"I believe everything you say. I'm just making sure, kid. Anyways, how did you learn how to drink?" I said. I am not letting it slip that Dominique told me about her partying and drinking. I'm sure she will kill me if Charlotte with give a surprise visit at three in the morning.

"Michael," Charlotte shrugs it off as if people ask her that everyday.

As I watch Charlotte fall asleep, I realized what kind of trouble I might be getting into. My party-crazy sister, drinking like there's no tomorrow and making out with random guys. The place we are at is not helping either. We're in Sin City and anything could happen.

I slowly drifted to sleep, something I don't usually do, as I watch the lights of the city flicker.

Ring. Ring.

"Fuck whoever is calling. I'm having a really nice sleep,"I told myself as I look for my phone.

As I turn around my bed, I look at my sister's bed. Empty. Where did she go? I do not know what to do. Will I answer my phone or ignore it and find my sister?

I choose option A. I answer my phone, luckily it's just Patrick.

"Pete, your parents called me."

"Why?"

"They asked me about your purpose in going there."

"What did you say?"

"You're checking a band. I left the guitar tech part to you."

"I need to practice my speech for that."

"You are going to meet the band today, right?"

"Yes but I need to find Charlotte first. She's not here. She's missing but not actually missing. It's more of gone."

"Go find her now!"

I did not mind saying goodbye to Patrick. As soon as I hang up, I get in the bathroom to take a quick shower and to get dressed.

I grab my hotel room keys, the car keys, my phone and wallet then stormed out of the room. Being one impatient guy, I almost jammed the elevator button that has an arrow going down. Why did I even pick a room thats almost at the top of the building? I dial Charlotte's number but there's no answer.

Charlotte's PoV

Pete is a heavy sleeper? This is so not true. That was the very first time, in a couple of years, that he slept for eight hours straight. I'm guessing when I come back in our room he's still sleeping.

"There you are!" a hand pointed at me. It's my brother's. "I'm worried sick because when I woke up you're not there," Pete went in the elevator and pressed the button for the ground floor.

I explain to Pete that I went to Starbucks to grab us breakfast and, of course his favorite, coffee. I hand him his coffee which he happily accepted. He starts blabbing away about our agenda today which is going to the house of one of the band members, right now, and that it is a surprise because he's planning to listen to them this afternoon.

"What the hell? Surprising people around 10 am? Man, sleep gives really bad side effects to you."

"I have to disagree with you there. I'm like this specially on tour when I play pranks on Dirty. Oh you've got to see his reaction."

"Whatever you say."

After a another stop in Starbucks and in a gas station, we already arrived in front of a house in Summerlin. I suppose it's the house of Pete's victim also known as the band member that Pete wants to surprise. I can't wait to see the reaction of that person.

This will be one interesting surprise.
♠ ♠ ♠
Third update! Hope you like it.