A Fight I Refuse to Lose

Chapter 4

Brendon's PoV

Ryan just called to inform me that, the one and only, Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy is already in town and he will hear us play today. It is a good news but I'm scared that when I start singing I will choke and then he'll laugh at me.

"Brendon, what did Ryan say? Are you still there?" Brent asks.

I have been talking to Brent about bass guitars before Ryan called.

"Yeah, I'm still here," I answered and then told him about the big news.

Brent starts freaking out as I finished my sentence. He then complained about the conflict of his schedule of baseball practice in an hour and the unknown time Pete Wentz will hear us play. Brent sounded girl, by the way.

"Dude just relax, okay? You are freaking out as if you're in need of a fashion emergency to the prom," I said with sarcasm.

Ryan's PoV

After the phone calls I made with Brendon and Spencer, I'm still shaking with disbelief. We haven't played a single gig and now Pete Wentz will hear us play. Spencer thought I was drunk when I told him the news because my voice sounded groggy.While Brendon, who was so hyper and that I think drank more than five Red Bulls for breakfast, sounded like he's doing cartwheels while talking to me. He also told me that he was talking to Brent on the other line which made me sigh in relief that I don't need to call Brent because Brendon will relay the message for me.

I open the cupboards to look for my hidden favorite breakfast, some cereals, and a bowl. I took the milk container from the fridge and noticed my parent's note for me.

Ryan,

We already went to work. As usual we left the money for your lunch in the box near the toaster.

Love,
Mom and Dad


I laugh at the note they left me. It is pretty unbelievable that I'm already eighteen and my parents are still scared that I might burn down the house if I try to open the stove. How paranoid can they get?

The note plus a bowl of cereals and the Pete Wentz news, priceless breakfast.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update for the day. Hope you like it.