Friends Aren't Always Forever

Friends Dont Fight

I Slowly awoke to find myself sprawled out on the sofa, with an ice pack on my ankle. I rubbed my forehead, feeling the nice sized lump right above my left eye.
"How are you feeling?" Delilah said, sitting at the other end of the sofa. I jolted up from the sofa, but was suddenly stopped by a sharp pain in my ankle

"Be careful Ash, you'll hurt yourself again!" Delilah said, as she tried to keep me on the sofa.

"How the fuck can you talk!?" I said as I tried to stand up, but was forcefully pushed back on the sofa.

"god dammit Ash! Sit down before you break something," Delilah said as she hopped on top of my stomach to hold me down.

"Will you get the hell off me?! And answer my question, how the fuck can you talk!" I screamed as I pushed her back onto the sofa.

"Are you that stupid?" she asked as she stood from the sofa and sat on the floor. "Here, I'll give you a hint. I can read your mind, and deeper more important thoughts... I know alot about you.

"So you have telepathy now? Well, if you know everything... How old am I?" she closed her eyes, and breathed in heavily.

"Sixteen," she replied, she was right.

"lucky guess," I said as I tried to think of another question.

"Whens my birthday?"

"July," she replied. "Dammit," I thought to myself. "Maybe she does know everything about me..."

"Whats my favourite pokemon?" I asked, hoping she'd guess wrong.

"Ken, your Typhlosion," As soon as she said that I felt tears race to my eyes, and memorys flash in front of me, when out of the happy memorys, came the face of a person i'll never forget. "Ash I know what your thinking, Vengeance doesn't solve anything. Let it go."

"Let it go? Let it go!? I'll never let it go dammit! That mother fucker killed Ken! My only friend!" I yelled in a fit of rage flipping the coffee table over on its side.

Delilah got up off the floor and put her arms around me."Ash please, listen... If you love Ken, You'll let it go," she said, trying to calm me down. I broke from her grip with a burning inferno in my heart. " Don't you dare tell me to forget! My friend was taken from me in cold blood! Why should I forgive someone so cold hearted?"

Delilah looked at me growling, rage hot in her eyes, " Ken sacrificed himself to protect you! Don't you remember? Or are you too fucking ignorant to except that facts!" She yelled as she grabbed my shirt. "If it wasnt for him, you'd be lying dead in that fucking swamp! Dead Ash!"

"Shut the fuck up!" I screamed as I broke her grip from my shirt and covered my ears with my ears.

"Why are you trying to ignore me! Because I'm right? Maybe you didnt care if Ken lived or died, maybe you never loved him at all! Maybe you dont even care about me!"

"Take that back!" I Snapped as I threw a punch at Delilah, who without flinching caught the fist with her paw.

"So, if it's a fight you want... It's a fight your gonna get!" Delilah said as she growled and pushed my fist back to me. Her eyes were filled with rage, as were mine. She got into a stance, fists protecting her face. I looked to my swollen ankle, giving it a twist to make it crack. I looked back up to Delilah with a devilish smirk on face.

"Let's see how well you can use what i taught you," I said as i put my fists up. "Well? Ladies first," I said taunting her.

Before i could even blink she began to throw a flury of punches. Trying my best to block most of the blows, while watching the devestating spikes on the back of her palms. "Dont tell me thats all you got?" I said laughing at her effort to try and hit me, which caused her punches to grow stronger, throwing in side kicks between every other punch. Before she connected with her last kick, I grabbed her leg and threw it behind her, throwing her off balance, allowing me to throw a punch into her chest.

"Hmph, lucky hit," Delilah said as she shook off the punch. "Try me," I replied as I cracked my knuckles.

as soon as i finished, she jumped from the ground, throwing a flury of kicks to my side, knocking me down to my knees. I quickly recovered and stood up, when suddenly her palms started to glow a bright blue. she clenched her hands together, and maniplulated the energy into a ball. She growled as she built the energy in her fist.

"Eat this!" She yelled out as she threw the ball straight at me. The ball flew towards me so fast I had no time to react, causing it to hit me square in the stomach, knocking the breath out of me. The blast was strange, as it the energy hit my chest I felt every muscle in my body go numb, making me fall back to my knees, but this time I couldnt get up. Suddenly, Delilah closed in and raised her leg above my head for the finisher. I closed my eyes to hope for the best. As she thrusted her leg down, she rested it on my shoulder, not following through.

"I win," She wispered as she took her leg off my shoulder. I stared deep into her eyes as I sat on my knees. A strange feeling filled my mind, as if my heart was telling me something, something that frightened me to admit, but haunted my consious.

"Delilah..." I wispered. As I said her name, a strange stare appeared in her eyes. a very confused, but comfortable stare, as if shes read my mind already.

"Ashy..." her voice range, sweet as a bell, her eyes the most beautiful shade of green.

"I... You..." I said studdering, trying to pull myself together.

"Go on, say it,"

"YOU CHEATED!" I sceamed from a sudden change of heart. Her eyes suddenly lit up with rage, as she growled and cracked her knuckles.

"Cheated!? How the hell did I cheat!

"That thing you did! You shot me with that energy ball thing!" I exclaimed as I tried to catch my breath.

"You never said I couldnt use attacks! Technically, I didnt cheat.

I wiped my mouth with my arm, leaving a long trail of blood along with it. I stared at it for a moment then let out a soft "Fuck."

Delilah glanced at the blood on my arm and gasped. "Oh my god! you're bleeding!"

"i've been through worse," I commented.

Delilah scurried off into the other room. A few seconds later, she came running back carrying a hand towel. "Hold still," she said as she wiped the blood off my face. I stared into her eyes, the feeling of her compassion soothed the pain from my cuts and bruises. As she cleaned the blood from my lips, she slowly closed into my body, her face inches away from mine. Just as I thought she was couldn't get any closer, she grabbed my hands and pulled me into a hug.

"Ashy, I'm so sorry," she said as she laid her head on my shoulder. Her words sunk into my heart as I wrapped my arms around her, feeling her silk soft fur rub against my arms and face as I held her close. "I'm sorry too," I replied, feeling her tail tighten around my leg, and her warm breath on the back of my neck. "Delilah," I said as i ran my hand down her back.
"yes ashy?" Delilah replied as she loosened her grip on my back. "...I'm hungry."

Delilah took her head off my shoulder and looked me in the eyes. "me too."