Blood Thirst

Introduction/Chapter 1:

[Introduction.]

[They’re coming after us.] I never thought much of magic, nor anything that could exist within it. “Monsters” from the movies. The old black and white ones. Could those images be real? Am I loosing my mind?

I know he’s real. Everyone acknowledges his presence. His and his families being. Though…the way they act and look. They’re beyond norm. They have to be.

Though, I could be wrong…and if I am. I owe an apology.

[Chapter 1:]

[Meeting the “Monster”.] - The wind blew strong in the crisp morning of November 21st. It was a day she would always remember…and the day that would remain in her heart.-

I closed the book and looked out the window. So much I shared with those few lines. It was actually November 21st and the freezing wind could actually take the breath out of your lungs and leave you for death on the pavement. The perfect murder. You can’t send wind to trial. It’ll out live us all.

A loud screech followed by a halt sent everyone out of their seats and out of the school bus door. I was always last. Why push and shove?

“Have a good day!” The bus driver lively said as I started down the steps. I stopped to look back, but all I faced was closed doors.

“There she is! The light of my life! The apple of my eye! The…” I put my hand over his mouth to stop his rant and he put his arm on my shoulder. I shrugged it off. He didn’t seem to notice.

“So…shall I walk you to class?” He stared at me with his bright, hazel eyes and his baby features pursed up into a huge smile. I sighed.

“No matter what I say, you’ll do it anyways.” I raised my eye brow in wait for his reaction. His smile never left.

“It would be nice to have permission to do it. Though when you say ‘no, thank-you’ I still do it because I am a gentleman.”

He straightened his poster and his smile turned into a grin. I rolled my eyes and he slouched over in defeat.

Even though he was annoying, I couldn’t stand to see him down. I pushed him and grabbed his arm.

“Could you escort a young lady to her first block class my good Sir?” His smile returned and I sighed in relief.

“It would be my pleasure, my Lady.” He put his arm tighter around mine and we walked into the school.

It was crowed and loud. We stopped at my classes’ door. The first bell rung. He hugged me real fast and started to walk away in a hurry. Then he turned around to yell out “see you at lunch”, and he ran backwards into a cart.

I shook my head with a little bit of laughter escaping from my mouth. Then I walked into the bright lit class room. Scanning the floor for a open seat. Then my eyes locked on him.

His eyes was a amazing shade of light blue. Like pools of endless sight that could devour your soul if you stared into them too long. And his features were sharp yet rugged here and there. A perfect nose lining into the out line of his lids to his rosy red lips that stood out among his pale skin and jet black hair.

He was, without a doubt, gorgeous. He didn’t fit in with the people surrounding him. His movements was like nothing I’ve seen before. Like he was trying to be careful. Not wanting to break anything. Even though all he had was a notebook and a pencil.

The bell rung again and I jumped back into reality. I scanned the room again for a seat. The only one open was placed right behind him.

I sat down as calmly as I could. I wasn’t understanding why my heart was beating so fast. I looked up to see him shake his head and I heard him chuckle. Was my heart beating that loud? My face flushed red and I sunk into my seat.